maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


It's the Gulag of Fun



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 70  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15901
Reputation points: 720
Anthropoid wrote:
Quote:
Historically, all great civs are founded upon Progressiveness & Arts instead of Pissed & Drunk. And when their progressive blood paints the streets red they Win A Moral Victory TM.


Indeed . . .

As if Spartans were not homos. Other Greeks mentioned that Spartan women did have short skirts to attract attention form the other Greek. Spartan men spent most of their time in military "exercises".

During the Persian invasion 490 BC, Spartans declined to help Athens because their religious festivities. But the Athenians soundly beat the Persians at Marathon.

But I can understand why neo-confederates idolize Sparta. Spartans kept Greek slaves, the Helots, not only barbarians. No surprize nasiz idolized the Spartans too. :roll:

300 is not history.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31283
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Everything that you ever wanted to know about "kampfgruppen":


_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15901
Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
Everything that you ever wanted to know about "kampfgruppen":


Just everything I have never wanted to know. Please save us from the kiddie armchair generals.

Panzer ab, vorwärts marsch.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31283
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Everything that you ever wanted to know about "kampfgruppen":


Just everything I have never wanted to know. Please save us from the kiddie armchair generals.

Panzer ab, vorwärts marsch.


If you're not interested then don't watch it.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11940
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 15961
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:
Just everything I have never wanted to know. Please save us from the kiddie armchair generals.

Panzer ab, vorwärts marsch.


If you're not interested then don't watch it.


Agree. When I saw the thumbnail it wasn't something I wanted to watch, but I didn't feel the need to say anything.

Nero is an ass of galactic proportions. Just put him on ignore and be done with it. Maybe if enough of us do he'll go crawl back under his rock and drink vodka till he goes to sleep forever.

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 16204
Reputation points: 13228
chijohnaok wrote:
Everything that you ever wanted to know about "kampfgruppen":

Many thanks for posting this, had little knowledge of the 'Kampfgruppen', interesting.

As for Nero, we all know he's a 'know it all.'

He tells us daily, many times.

_________________
“Political Language… is Designed to Make Lies Sound Truthful… and to Give an Appearance of Solidity to Pure Wind.” — George Orwell


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm
Posts: 7880
Reputation points: 17300
nero wrote:
But the difference between with us is that you take your authorities as the final word, while I take mine as sources of ideas that can and must be developed.


A little later...

nero wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Everything that you ever wanted to know about "kampfgruppen":


Just everything I have never wanted to know. Please save us from the kiddie armchair generals.

Panzer ab, vorwärts marsch.


nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Indeed . . .

As if Spartans were not homos. Other Greeks mentioned that Spartan women did have short skirts to attract attention form the other Greek. Spartan men spent most of their time in military "exercises".

During the Persian invasion 490 BC, Spartans declined to help Athens because their religious festivities. But the Athenians soundly beat the Persians at Marathon.

But I can understand why neo-confederates idolize Sparta. Spartans kept Greek slaves, the Helots, not only barbarians. No surprize nasiz idolized the Spartans too. :roll:

300 is not history.


You are an idiot, nothing more. Initially Spartans kicked the crap out of Athenians in the Greek version of World Wars. It was called 'Peloponnesian War'.

Quote:
Leonidas, aware that his force was being outflanked, dismissed the bulk of the Greek army and remained to guard their retreat with 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians, fighting to the death.


You are the one who rapes history only to insert sneering socialist crap innit in an order to troll. Because your entire life is built around sneering, pretending to be so superior you don't even need to read what other people write, don't need to check their sources etc. as you are too good for that kind of shit. Instead you just keep trolling and consider every resentful remark towards you as a victory.

Then you keep sharing this story of the one woman who ever pitied you when you were 20 something and how you "resisted the socialist indoctrination" yet every remark you ever make is full of socialist indoctrination - including you reverting to calling everyone a Nazi and to try and resort to as childish tactics as "oh, the Spartans? yea, they couldn't get it up so their women messed around, Leonidas was a coward"

Then completely ignore the entire social structure, their history, everything because you just need to get the chance to say that they were always pathetic losers, home boys living in mom's basement and that people only like them because they're secretly wanting to have slaves?

nero, do yourself a favor and read your posts. Not that you'd ever take constructive criticism from anyone, an old bitch simply doesn't undo decades of ego built around trolling.

As always, this is more a commentary of nero's actions than directed at him personally.


PS.
Many athenians were raging homos. Not only were most of the great Athenian philosophers women-haters, you should read some Plato and others.

I think it was on page 15 of Plato's book I that Socrates goes to bath house and this young beautiful lad comes in wearing scanty clothing (bath house!) and Socrates eyes him all over and flushes. The homoerotic scene is quite highlighted in the original historic writing and is by no means the only one.

I think nero mixes the two cultures. It's the Athenian free men who let their wives manage the slaves at home while they hang around bath houses checking out young lads and discussing "philosophy" over wine. Kind of like nero?

_________________
Screw you nero


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11940
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 15961
Why is Nero so homophobic?

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15901
Reputation points: 720
Kameolontti wrote:
nero wrote:
But the difference between with us is that you take your authorities as the final word, while I take mine as sources of ideas that can and must be developed.


A little later...

nero wrote:
...

...
Just everything I have never wanted to know. Please save us from the kiddie armchair generals.

Panzer ab, vorwärts marsch.


:oops:

A good reminder. So I watched the TIK video though. Not that there were much factual errors, other than making virtue out of necessity. That means that Germans had to form the battle groups from different organisations based of the battle worthy of the unit, one panzer company from here, one panzer grenadier battalion from there and the artillery where it was available. The innovation the German generals would have wished to avoid. The video also mentions the Combat Command system used in the US tank divisions. That only emphasises the dire straits the German Army was after Stalingrad.

Just a question, did Germans use the battle group concept during battle of Kursk? Just curious.

I have read one book about German battle groups: Battle Group!: German Kampfgruppen Action of World War Two. Not so great book but it gives additional information about especially early war battle groups.

Nobody's perfect and I have sometimes short temper. And the video did not give nothing new to me. :(

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15901
Reputation points: 720
Kameolontti wrote:
...
nero wrote:



As if Spartans were not homos. Other Greeks mentioned that Spartan women did have short skirts to attract attention form the other Greek. Spartan men spent most of their time in military "exercises".

During the Persian invasion 490 BC, Spartans declined to help Athens because their religious festivities. But the Athenians soundly beat the Persians at Marathon.

But I can understand why neo-confederates idolize Sparta. Spartans kept Greek slaves, the Helots, not only barbarians. No surprize nasiz idolized the Spartans too. :roll:

300 is not history.


You are an idiot, nothing more. Initially Spartans kicked the crap out of Athenians in the Greek version of World Wars. It was called 'Peloponnesian War'.

Quote:
Leonidas, aware that his force was being outflanked, dismissed the bulk of the Greek army and remained to guard their retreat with 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians, fighting to the death.


You are the one who rapes history only to insert sneering socialist crap innit in an order to troll. Because your entire life is built around sneering, pretending to be so superior you don't even need to read what other people write, don't need to check their sources etc. as you are too good for that kind of shit. Instead you just keep trolling and consider every resentful remark towards you as a victory.

Then you keep sharing this story of the one woman who ever pitied you when you were 20 something and how you "resisted the socialist indoctrination" yet every remark you ever make is full of socialist indoctrination - including you reverting to calling everyone a Nazi and to try and resort to as childish tactics as "oh, the Spartans? yea, they couldn't get it up so their women messed around, Leonidas was a coward"

Then completely ignore the entire social structure, their history, everything because you just need to get the chance to say that they were always pathetic losers, home boys living in mom's basement and that people only like them because they're secretly wanting to have slaves?

nero, do yourself a favor and read your posts. Not that you'd ever take constructive criticism from anyone, an old bitch simply doesn't undo decades of ego built around trolling.

As always, this is more a commentary of nero's actions than directed at him personally.


PS.
Many athenians were raging homos. Not only were most of the great Athenian philosophers women-haters, you should read some Plato and others.

I think it was on page 15 of Plato's book I that Socrates goes to bath house and this young beautiful lad comes in wearing scanty clothing (bath house!) and Socrates eyes him all over and flushes. The homoerotic scene is quite highlighted in the original historic writing and is by no means the only one.

I think nero mixes the two cultures. It's the Athenian free men who let their wives manage the slaves at home while they hang around bath houses checking out young lads and discussing "philosophy" over wine. Kind of like nero?


I am no way denying that Spartans were the badass fighters in the ancient Greek. But in the same time the Spartan society was and odd case in the ancient Greek and in the ancient world. The only Greek state based on enslaving other Greeks. The other Greek states had slaves, but not Greek. And for the citizens, only military service and land owning was allowed, everything else was done by helots and non-citizen greeks.

No wonder such a society inspired Nazis, and recently the neo-confederates. A superior race with broad shoulders and good genes rules all the inferior races. ;)

But then you are patently wrong with your proposition: "Initially Spartans kicked the crap out of Athenians in the Greek version of World Wars. It was called 'Peloponnesian War'". Just read the wiki article Peloponnesian War, or even better Donald Kagan's The Peloponnesian War. A truly excellent book, that I recommended to EU a decade go. Just wonder if he did read it. Though I got the impression he did.

As for homosexuality in ancient Greek, I think that is was kind of pot and kettle kind of thing. You have given examples of habits in Athens, so may I concentrate on Spartan habits.

Since citizen boys were taken into military camps at the age of 7 for the purpose of training to eventually become a "Spartan" at around the age of 30, they were forced to sneak out of camps to find and see their wives. So there was ample time develop hono erotic relationships. And after marriage Spartan women were famous for their short skirts.

Image

This gives a hint about the promiscuity of the Spartan women. How come? One explanation is that the warriors, the knights of the brown hole liked it by them selves. And doing their duty for the fatherland the mighty warriors had eyes closed and were thinking about Sparta. :lol:

History is interesting. But that 300 is not history.

So it goes.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 70  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group