maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Military stuff ... past and present.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5295
mdiehl wrote:
I felt it was undiplomatic to suggest that Scandinavians, being backward looking troglodytic schizophrenics, likely could not cooperate well enough to host a dance party, much less a military alliance.

mdiehl wrote:
It's nice to see that you don't share Sneero's bigotry about Russians. Sneero's remark about Russians being lazy was infantile and straight out of some cryptofascist's "dehumanizing others in service to ethnic supremacy" playbook.

:mrgreen:

If you are into fantasy based on geography - why not let Sweden have Kexholm, Nyen etc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
So, your claim is that the idea of Sweden cooperating with neighbors is a "fantasy?" Well, OK I guess. It's a stark admission of fault that you just made.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:39 pm 
Staff Sergeant

mdiehl wrote:
So, your claim is that the idea of Sweden cooperating with neighbors is a "fantasy?" Well, OK I guess. It's a stark admission of fault that you just made.

No, my claim is that you wrote that the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians should have a military alliance based on a quick glance of a map and that in reality other things than geography come into play - like history and different experiences of the previously mentioned countries - as far as military alliances are concerned. Cooperation can take place without establishing a formal alliance.

You shouldn't guess so much. :lol:

mdiehl wrote:
Hmmm. The lesson of that map is that the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians should have a military alliance. IMO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Quote:
No, my claim is that you wrote that the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians should have a military alliance based on a quick glance of a map

Nope. I made that assessment many decades ago based on a thorough knowledge of the terrain, the population centers, and an assessment of how supplies could get to Finland in the event of a war with Russia. Perhaps you should learn a bit more about Scandinavian geography.

Quote:
and that in reality other things than geography come into play -

Of course they do. No one ever stated otherwise. My assessment was purely a rational one. It is well understood that people with grudges, axes to grind, old hatreds and suspicions, etc, may not act rationally. It's a mark of your immaturity that you seem to think that needs to be emphasized.... as though somehow the idea that Sweden is full of irrational people who refuse to cooperate serves as a logical rebuttal of the GEOGRAPHIC implications.

They're separate issues. The geography dictates what Scandinavians SHOULD DO. The bullshit petty insularities affect what they CHOOSE to do.

Quote:
You shouldn't guess so much.

I never guess.

You should try learning some facts and embracing logic, rather than allowing your emotions to lead you hither and yon as they so do.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 am 
Staff Sergeant

mdiehl wrote:
Perhaps you should learn a bit more about Scandinavian geography.

Why? I live here.

mdiehl wrote:
My assessment was purely a rational one.

But one based on geography only, and maybe a shallow perception of ethnicity...
Again, if we are talking about geography why not Kexholm or Nyen?

mdiehl wrote:
It is well understood that people with grudges, axes to grind, old hatreds and suspicions, etc, may not act rationally.

Is this a general statement about humans everywhere (something that would also apply to people from New England living in say Arizona) or is specifically related to the realtions between the countries of Norway, Sweden and Finland...?

mdiehl wrote:
....as though somehow the idea that Sweden is full of irrational people who refuse to cooperate.

That is not the case. But why there is a lack of Scandinavian military alliances has a historical background of which I suspect you are not familiar.

mdiehl wrote:
They're separate issues. The geography dictates what Scandinavians SHOULD DO. The bullshit petty insularities affect what they CHOOSE to do.

Heh, make mdiehl defend an idea and he embraces it to the full - regardless of how vauge his knowledge of a subject is, like Scandinavian conditions and history.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:04 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
mdiehl wrote:

The entire 2014-2017 was spent talking about potential military cooperation and even a defensive alliance with Sweden.

At some point it almost seemed like Sweden might be remotely interested.

Then it was completely shot down by Swedish officials as "not going to happen, ever".

Swedes are just happy minding their own business and slowly turning into Islam.

Indeed, it would make sense to have a military alliance in the North - it would stabilize the region further. But that's not what Sweden wants, they are happy with Finland being a shield and they're also happy to sneer at our militarism and patriotism while being shielded by it against Russia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am 

wulfir wrote:
mdiehl wrote:

No, my claim is that you wrote that the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians should have a military alliance based on a quick glance of a map and that in reality other things than geography come into play - like history and different experiences of the previously mentioned countries - as far as military alliances are concerned. Cooperation can take place without establishing a formal alliance.

You shouldn't guess so much. :lol:

mdiehl wrote:
Hmmm. The lesson of that map is that the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians should have a military alliance. IMO.

Yea, Koreans, Americans and Italians, what do they have in common? To propose a defensive military alliance would be absurd.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Kameolontti wrote:
The big reason why many Finns who like NATO and US don't actually want to join NATO is the fear of our own politicians.

We've all seen what happens when a European pussy-progressive country joins NATO, they immediately disband the whole military and start emasculating their male population "because we've now transcended war - those inferior warlike Americans got this covered so we can now seek to transcend our material bodies and become beings of pure vaginal energy". Swedes actually did this without even joining NATO as they regarded themselves already having reached 6th chakra of space dragons and being that much more advanced than the rest of mankind that still worry about things like aerial defenses, population shelters and vaccinations.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Kameolontti wrote:

Bohoo, Finland all alone. Wipe away your tears, Kam. There are other options.

Hell, maybe you can a bit more friendly with Putin. I'm sure he'd like to help you out. He's running low on buddies anyways and I'm sure he's better than Swedish Islam, eh? It's just a question of picking the least crappy deal. You have the experience after all - that business with Adolf and all. Best of luck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:23 pm 

wulfir wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

Bohoo, Finland all alone. Wipe away your tears, Kam. There are other options.

Hell, maybe you can a bit more friendly with Putin. I'm sure he'd like to help you out. He's running low on buddies anyways and I'm sure he's better than Swedish Islam, eh? It's just a question of picking the least crappy deal. You have the experience after all - that business with Adolf and all. Best of luck.

Business with Adolf, you mean like running an eugenics program of forcibly sterilizing "people of weak human material" while supporting Nazi war machine with what, only the most abundant iron mines of entire Europe.

Then you woke up one day and realized that Middle East is full of Swedes who will help you further feminist and LGBT agenda and decided to bring them all in.

What was it, 2017 - 1,000 shootings in Malmö, less than 30% of them solved, police ignoring 100,000 emergency calls across the country with terror attacks and grenade attacks being regular.

My Jewish friends tell me that there's a mass flight from Sweden the likes of late 30's Nazi Germany after attacks and sieges against synagogues by Arabs chanting antisemitic slogans.

So if Nazis weren't the way to go I guess you Swedes need a new kind of fascism to root for and found one in Islam.

How about those aerial defenses of Stockholm these days? Do you guys still have *zero cover* during holidays? I mean, it's only your capital, any potential aggressor will surely respect Swedish holidays, right?

We're doing reasonably well and at least we have an army which is more than you can say for your Swedestan.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 68  Next