maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Neil deGrasse Tyson comes out from the closet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
The disadvantages of Neil deGrasse Tyson, he's scientist expert and he's black and now this... agrees with me. :roll:

Many of those things, if not all, are the same that I have said on this forum or on the late Mad Cow's. It pleases me a lot that Neil agrees with me. :mrgreen:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson comes out from the closet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Sounds like a fucking commie to me. He should stick to supernovae.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
Divided by and for whom? Divided how? Divided why?

Is it divided because Repulicans are subhuman cave men who can barely zip their pants?

Is it divided because "white people" are so racist they en masse flocked to the polls and contributed a hefty proportion (well over half of them who voted) to the election of the first ever 'black' President?

Is it divided because there is anything demonstrable in records that show anything remotely akin to systematic institutional neglect of discrimination or bias, much less condoning or promoting it?

Is it divided because Federal programs lack funding?

Brandishing a melodramatic flourish of pen to whine that the U.S. is "divided" *boo hoo!* is one thing. But explaining all the myriad points that need to be explained to convince rational people that such a flourish is anything more than a pathetic diversion or meaningless sound byte is something else entirely.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Divided by and for whom? Divided how? Divided why?

Is it divided because Repulicans are subhuman cave men who can barely zip their pants?

Is it divided because "white people" are so racist they en masse flocked to the polls and contributed a hefty proportion (well over half of them who voted) to the election of the first ever 'black' President?

Is it divided because there is anything demonstrable in records that show anything remotely akin to systematic institutional neglect of discrimination or bias, much less condoning or promoting it?

Is it divided because Federal programs lack funding?

Brandishing a melodramatic flourish of pen to whine that the U.S. is "divided" *boo hoo!* is one thing. But explaining all the myriad points that need to be explained to convince rational people that such a flourish is anything more than a pathetic diversion or meaningless sound byte is something else entirely.

Read this article: Divided States of America: Notes on the Decline of a Great Nation. ;)

Few forums back I was using the same words, for the very same reasons. Perhaps, with his elephant memory, can verify the fact. Or some other forum veteran.

During last decades the divisiveness has increased to absurd levels. The two parties can not agree on anything at all. The US politics looks like warfare to the outside observer. And in crisis situation or when making necessary reforms, the divisiveness means trouble.

Architect of the Finnish constitution, the first president of Finland Kaarlo Juho Ståhlberg copied much from to US Constitution to Finnish one. But he chose explicitly proportional voting over majority voting, because he felt that majority vote leads to two party system by default. He considered the two party system harmful and so do I. In a multi-party system the parties have to co-operate, which is not a bad thing all. When no party never has the majority, a coalition government is a norm.

So I think that the American divisiveness has roots in the majority vote system.

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 am 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Perhaps, with his elephant memory, can verify the fact.

Should read: Perhaps Doggie, with his elephant memory, can verify the fact. :oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:14 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13603
@Nero

Can you tone down the mass of whites in your sig ... it burns my eyes.
Aids for old farts

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
@Nero

Aids for old farts

Better now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:27 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13603
nero wrote:
abradley wrote:
@Nero

Aids for old farts

Better now?
Yes, thank you! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:

What a fucking commie the author is...and no chess champion either. He cites Aaron Sorkin as an authority. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evidently, because New York failed to plug up a subway tunnel before Hurricane Sandy we are all fucked! :lol:

He cites the poor growth of the US economy (which is true) but the EU is in NEGATIVE growth.

Absolutley risible, ignorant, boiler-plate criticisms which Nero eats up because he has the same philosphical template.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
nero wrote:

What a fucking commie the author is...and no chess champion either. He cites Aaron Sorkin as an authority. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evidently, because New York failed to plug up a subway tunnel before Hurricane Sandy we are all fucked! :lol:

He cites the poor growth of the US economy (which is true) but the EU is in NEGATIVE growth.

Absolutley risible, ignorant, boiler-plate criticisms which Nero eats up because he has the same philosphical template.

You obviously have problems with reading comprehension. In the very start of the article reads "By SPIEGEL Staff". No idea what it might mean? :roll:

I accept your rage. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next