maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine Revolting
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5420
LaPalice wrote:
The problem is not the Russian media, they concern the Russians.

It is a problem, especially for Russian journalists that do not tow the Putin-line because they get killed.

Nor does it concern Russians only. :D

http://se.sputniknews.com/ is a Russian news site in Swedish, aimed at the Swedish population. It has crappy pro-Putin articles with poor Swedish grammar. There is also a Sputniknews in Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, English..., well here's the one in French. http://fr.sputniknews.com/...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:09 am 
Staff Sergeant

LaPalice wrote:
If we had not provoked the bear, it would not show its claws, by extending NATO to Eastern Europe, despite what the West promised. The problem is that we continue to see the Russians as enemy. Think about it if the French continued to do the same thing about the Germans.

Is not the problem is that the Bear's neighbours don't much like the Bear and want to keep the Bear away. Russia has been issuing threats about a possible Swedish NATO-membership but a Russian spokseperson also claims: "We have repeatedly said that the choice of the national defense and security strategy is an internal and sovereign affair of each state."

:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:59 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10157
wulfir wrote:

http://se.sputniknews.com/ is a Russian news site in Swedish, aimed at the Swedish population. It has crappy pro-Putin articles with poor Swedish grammar. There is also a Sputniknews in Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, English..., well here's the one in French. http://fr.sputniknews.com/...

How you speak about Sputnik, I thought it was something like Bild or the Sun, but I took a look at the French version, and I don't really see any problems. Of course it has a Russian bias, like Al Jazeera has an Arab bias and CNN an American one.

What you don't understand is that Western media are more subtle in their propaganda, and then more dangerous.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:03 am 
Staff Sergeant

LaPalice wrote:
How you speak about Sputnik, I thought it was something like Bild or the Sun, but I took a look at the French version, and I don't really see any problems.

The Swedish Sputniknews sucks. It's a long list of passive-agressive articles about how Sweden should be afraid of Russia, pro-Putin crap etc. There is no comparable propaganda effort directed at Sweden in western media. :P

LaPalice wrote:
What you don't understand is that Western media are more subtle in their propaganda, and then more dangerous.

Western media function in democratic countries, while Russian media does not - that if anything seems dangerous. If western media was the same as Russian media I'd be concerned..., but it isn't... 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:33 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
LaPalice wrote:
If we had not provoked the bear, it would not show its claws, by extending NATO to Eastern Europe, despite what the West promised. The problem is that we continue to see the Russians as enemy. Think about it if the French continued to do the same thing about the Germans.

**** *** you surrender monkey.

edit: removed offense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:32 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
I'll never understand the French tendency to give Russia a free pass . . . oh wait, I guess I do (in theory). It probably has to do with this big gnarly gray blob right smack between France and Russia called "Germany."

But those days are past. France has virtually nothing to fear from Germany these days . . . well, except for EuroUnion bureacratic pain and being forced to swallow your ration of refugees.

Looks like you nailed that one right on the head:

LaPalice wrote:
Germany is more a problem for France than Russia. Germany wants a strong euro, when it is better for the French to have a currency able to be devalueded, to counter the Germans.

But about the Russians, I don't see how they can be a problem for France. Russians are generally peaceful. For example you can see how they ended the cold war, peacefully, with no war. I prefer to see them as partners, essential partners I would say, as because of the sanctions, our farmers have problems.

People complain about Russia & NATO still being stuck in a Cold War attitude toward each other. But it sounds like France is still stuck in the 1870-1945 period, even further back. :?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:05 am 
Staff Sergeant

Kameolontti wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

**** *** you surrender monkey.

edit: removed offense.

You warmonger monkey.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:38 pm 
Staff Sergeant

LaPalice wrote:

If western media was more like Russian media it would be less dangerous - yes??? :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

wulfir wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

If western media was more like Russian media it would be less dangerous - yes??? :twisted:

Well, apparently, if Western media were as rough as Russian media, that would be a good thing for you: you would be able to see the propaganda then ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant

LaPalice wrote:
Well, apparently, if Western media were as rough as Russian media, that would be a good thing for you: you would be able to see the propaganda then ;)

...with your line of reasoning would it not be a good thing for you too? :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114  Next