maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post subject: Re: What did Pope Francis say?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:34 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8532
Agree, but I would.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13998
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cns ... sion-world

Quote:
Pope Francis Says America Has ‘a Distorted Vision of the World’

By CNSNews.com Staff | July 8, 2017 | 10:17 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - Pope Francis told the Italian newspaper La Repubblica on Thursday that the United States of America—and Russia, China, North Korea and Bashar al Assad's Syria—have “a distorted vision of the world"--("una visione distorta del mondo," as reportetd in Italian by La Repubblica).

The pope made the observation in an interview with La Repubblica reporter Eugenio Scalfari.

“Last Thursday, I got a call from Pope Francis,” Scalfari reported. “It was about noon, and I was at the newspaper when my phone rang.”

He said the pope wanted to see him at four that afternoon, according to a Google translation of the Italian report.

“Pope Francis told me to be very concerned about the meeting of the G20.” Scalfari wrote.

“I am afraid there are very dangerous alliances between powers who have a distorted view of the world: America and Russia, China and North Korea, Russia and Assad in the war in Syria,” the pope said.

As printed in Italian in La Repubblica, the pope said: "Temo che ci siano alleanze assai pericolose tra Potenze che hanno una visione distorta del mondo: America e Russia, Cina e Corea del Nord, Russia e Assad nella guerra di Siria."

As transclated into English by Agence France Presse, which picked up the story, Pope Francis told La Repubblica: “I worry about very dangerous alliances between powers which have a distorted vision of the world: America and Russia, China and North Korea, (Russian President Vladimir) Putin and (Syria’s Bashar al-) Assad over the war in Syria.”

“The danger concerns immigration,” the pope continued to La Repubblica, as translated by AFP. “Our main and unfortunately growing problem in the world today is that of the poor, the weak, the excluded, which includes migrants.”

“This is why the G20 worries me: It mainly hits immigrants,” Pope Francis said, according to AFP.

In the same interview, according to La Repubblica, Pope Francis said that Europe must take on a "federal structure."

"I also thought many times to this problem and came to the conclusion that, not only but also for this reason, Europe must take as soon as possible a federal structure," the pope said, according to the Google translation of the La Repubblica article.

Pope Francis better be careful here. He may be opening a Pandora's Box.

Has he forgotten that The Vatican is in "Europe"?
If Europe is "federalized" then the Vatican will be as well.

Is Pope Francis ready for Brussels to tell the Vatican what it can and cannot do?
Is Pope Francis ready for Brussels to tell him what to believe regarding things like same sex unions?

The Vatican (and Roman Catholic Church) is essentially a business and political entity that has been run by males for more than 2,000 years. Lower, middle and upper level management is all male.
Is Pope Francis ready to open the priesthood and church leadership to females (and then eventually LBGTQ)?

Granted that there may not be rules currently in the EU for some of these things, but once you 'federalize' it, then the ability of sovereign nations to resist the edicts of the central government will become more difficult.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
Saw a movie on Netflix you might like Abrad: Knowing. I'd give it a 7.875 / 10.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 pm 
buck private

Anthropoid wrote:
Yes, saw that floating around, thought it was another Maya prophesy type. Will pick it up if I trip over it.

As to the Catholic Church and Psychics, mediums, ect Mystics, the link pretty much covers it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 pm 
buck private

chijohnaok wrote:
{Snip}

Pope Francis better be careful here. He may be opening a Pandora's Box.

Has he forgotten that The Vatican is in "Europe"?
If Europe is "federalized" then the Vatican will be as well.

Is Pope Francis ready for Brussels to tell the Vatican what it can and cannot do?
Is Pope Francis ready for Brussels to tell him what to believe regarding things like same sex unions?

The Vatican (and Roman Catholic Church) is essentially a business and political entity that has been run by males for more than 2,000 years. Lower, middle and upper level management is all male.
Is Pope Francis ready to open the priesthood and church leadership to females (and then eventually LBGTQ)?

Granted that there may not be rules currently in the EU for some of these things, but once you 'federalize' it, then the ability of sovereign nations to resist the edicts of the central government will become more difficult.
Women can't become priests for three simple reasons.

Priests hear confessions where they hear the persons sins in confidence, sets them aside, and forgive them in Gods name.

The problem is women never forget, never forgive, plus have you heard of a woman who doesn't gossip? ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:38 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
abradley wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Yes, saw that floating around, thought it was another Maya prophesy type. Will pick it up if I trip over it.

As to the Catholic Church and Psychics, mediums, ect Mystics, the link pretty much covers it.

It is really more like a "how science and religion just might not be talking about the same thing from different perspectives" type of thing; a theme I think deserves to be considered by any serious thinker.

It had some flaws, but on the whole meritorious.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail