maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

It's the Gulag of Fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine What Future?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2598
jwilkerson wrote:
How will it turn out for Israel?

(population)
Syria 18.5M
Egypt 93.3M
Jordan 7.7M
Lebanon 5.9M
Palestine 4.7M

Total: 130.1

Israel 8.1M

At 16 to 1 odds, even the rags ought to be able to figure out how to win eventually ... so ... Israel into the Sea ... that's how it will turn out!

Syria - civil war, Lebanon - a failed state, Egypt - chaos, Palestine - divided with Fatah and Hamas, and Jordan - ?. Mossad has done a heck of a work in destabilising the opponents. Israel is doing better than ever. ;)

Another comparison - Finland: population 5,498,211, Russia: population 142,355,415. The odds are 25.89 against 1. And Russian is out of smuta. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:48 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
Jordan has pretty much given up haven't they?

Egypt HAD given up, but thanks to the "Arab Spring" it would seem all bets are off.

KSA had never had too much fondness for Israel, but what with their Shittite Nemesae to the north (and south, and east) getting unruly and groping for atom bombs . . . A newfound appreciateion for the Abrahamic founder religion may just be in the future for the KSA douche bags. Course the preachers are too crazy to ever follow a rational strategy, but the Princes are pretty good at keeping them "more or less in line" . . .

"Palestine" 4.7m, mostly brain-damaged morons who think that strapping on a bomb vest and running into a checkpoint is "good tactics" . . . Not sure we should "weigh" them as being "equal" to the other "Arabs" . . .

Lebanon . . . haven't heard much about them lately. Last I heard, they had no running water, and were using plastic sheeting to keep the rain out of most of their buildings? Oh sure, I bet they do still have SOME intact buildings, but the overall impression I had last time I check was that Lebanon was a country that was about "half ruined" both in terms of physical infrastructure, as well as mental health and social order.

Syria . . . worse than Lebanon I'd say. Assuming Assad "wins" within the next five years, I suppose at that point rebuilding could ensue. But I honestly don't see Syria placing much threat on any external polity at any time in the next 10 years. Just gut intuition though.

ADDIT: Ninjaed by Sneero, with whom I am in a surprising degree of agreement! :P

It would seem Egypt is the only country which has not suffered such terrible physical harm that it COULD (if it gets itself sorted out sufficiently) post a threat to Israel, but like I said: they've been in the "we don't care" camp for many decades now and I don't see that changing.

The only true threat to Israel I'd say is Iranian atomic ballistic missiles.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8465
Quote:
Syria - civil war, Lebanon - a failed state, Egypt - chaos, Palestine - divided with Fatah and Hamas, and Jordan - ?. Mossad has done a heck of a work in destabilising the opponents. Israel is doing better than ever. ;)

True enough for this week ... so it might take awhile ... and the rags have spent 65+ years screwing it up so far ... but things can change ... and things will change ... and the rags will get their way ... eventually ...

==
Quote:
Another comparison - Finland: population 5,498,211, Russia: population 142,355,415. The odds are 25.89 against 1. And Russian is out of smuta.

True. But fortunately for the Finns, there is no magical building in Finland from which The Great Poo Bear ascended to the heavens!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
But fortunately for the Finns, there is no magical building in Finland from which The Great Poo Bear ascended to the heavens!!!

Obviously you have never heard about Korvatunturi.

:(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:57 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
Shocked to see people in the panoramic pic for that mountain NOT wearing full-netting mosquito jackets. Woulda figured the midges and mosquitoes in the summer time were enough to carry off small adult humans.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:22 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12419
Anthropoid wrote:
Shocked to see people in the panoramic pic for that mountain NOT wearing full-netting mosquito jackets. Woulda figured the midges and mosquitoes in the summer time were enough to carry off small adult humans.

When you go to Lapland you first learn to tolerate the insects. After you learn to tolerate them you won't even notice them even though a dozen of midges and a few gadflies are constantly walking about your face.

Even so people rarely use anything with short sleeves. As a kid I used to start out with a hat that had this net hanging from the brim surrounding my head but I quickly ditched it.

During winter when the insects are away snow blindness is a real thing. That and not getting frozen to death of course. And learning to live a few weeks without Sun even bothering to get above the horizon. Foreigners say that this period can be very depressing. The way to combat that is to develop a constant sulkiness about your character that will leave no room for depressions or such to settle in. Many Finns traditionally fill themselves with sulk and bitching to fortify their minds. As a consequence we're pretty fucking annoying people to hang out with, constantly trolling and bitching about everything and thinking we're so smart when we can throw a good "snap" at someone. Our humor is based on hoping that other people fail so we can laugh at them. It also passes for entertainment due to the anticipation and excitement involved and the fact that the outcome is not a given.

If there's one thing that can depress a Finn it is seeing someone actually succeed in something. No amount of sulking and bitching can fight that away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
The UK is plenty dark enough in winter for me.

Getting up to go to work in the dark, and then coming home in the dark, is pretty depressing. Fortunately it's only like that for a month or two really...

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
And I remember the northern lands in winter thing is more like 24 hours of twilight rather than actually dark. Thick curtains needed.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:42 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12419
I read Trump's office is not answering Palestine's calls! Snap!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

Mosquitoes don't fly to the mountain tops. That's why the Sami people send their reindeers to the mountains for summer.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next