maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Feel good story
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Taffy (dog) watching Lady and the Tramp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 am 
Sergeant Major

What it looks like when a shy good boy asks you out.

https://i.imgur.com/fvETmS0.mp4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:

Haha. Never seen anything like that. She is trying to figure out what is happening on screen. The head tilt seems to indicate "that dog is my friend and needs help" I have to conclude that is a very smart dog.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

Wow. What a cool story. You can see it goes on smoothly. It's like samurai swords

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Haha. Never seen anything like that. She is trying to figure out what is happening on screen. The head tilt seems to indicate "that dog is my friend and needs help" I have to conclude that is a very smart dog.

Another weird thing: Dogs flicker fusion threshold is not the same as human. I forget the exact numbers . . . Long story short: dogs see things like old TV screen projections as being more like a slideshow than a seamless moving image. Basically what we see at "normal" speed dogs see at "slightly slow motion speed." Not sure if that is equally true with newer monitors and video technology though.

Based on this I had heard it said that (for older tech) a dog would perceive a TV screen as just a bunch of shifting blots of slides and would likely find it difficult to discern recognizable shapes and forms. Not sure if that was just bullshit, or this is an exceptional dog, or if newer tech is more discernible to them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Once a year, a mother and her ducklings make their way from her nesting grounds through a high school to a nearby creek. Staff have helped guide the family on their journey for the last 10 years.

https://gfycat.com/delectablevainhake

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/346 ... ial-Design

Quote:
A Boy Was Bullied For His Homemade UT Shirt. The University Of Tennessee Made It An Official Design

September 8, 2019

A Florida elementary student was bullied for making a homemade University of Tennessee t-shirt and wearing it to school, so the University of Tennessee made his "U.T." design into an official T-shirt.

For "College Colors Day", Laura Snyder, his teacher at Altamonte Elementary School, says her student drew a "U.T." on paper and pinned it to an orange t-shirt.

"When the day finally arrived, he was SO EXCITED to show me his shirt," Snyder wrote on Facebook. "I was impressed that he took it one step further to make his own label."

By lunch he was in tears.

"Some girls at the lunch table next to his (who didn't even participate in college colors day) had made fun of his sign that he had attached to his shirt. He was DEVASTATED," said Snyder.

In less than 24 hours her Facebook post had gone viral among Tennessee fans, with lots of people leaving supportive comments. And it wasn't long before the University of Tennessee reached out.

He received a care package with tons of apparel.

[i]Laura Snyder
last Wednesday
9/6/19 - UT really outdid themselves!! I was so excited to surprise my student today!! I’m not even sure I can put into words his reaction. It was so heartwarming. My student was so amazed at all the goodies in the box. He proudly put on the jersey and one of the many hats in the box. All who saw had either goosebumps or tears while we explained that he had inspired and touched the lives of so many people. When I told him that his design was being made into a real shirt an...

[photos at above linked article]

In addition, the University of Tennessee are selling his "U.T." design as an official T-shirt. A portion of proceeds from every shirt sold will be donated to the nonprofit, STOMP Out Bullying.

"When I told him that his design was being made into a real shirt and people wanted to wear it, his jaw dropped," said Snyder. "He had a big smile on his face, walked taller, and I could tell his confidence grew today!"

The boy's mother also wrote Snyder a letter thanking her for taking up for her son.

To make this story even better, the demand for the student's T-shirt was so high on Saturday that it crashed University of Tennessee's online shop.

Much credit to the University of Tennessee for what they did here.

PS A news article that I saw states that they have already sold more than 16,000 of these special U.T. shirts.

PPS; For anyone wishing to order one of these shirts, you can do so here:
https://utvolshop.com/p-67332-college-c ... order.aspx

A portion of proceeds from every shirt sold will be donated to the nonprofit, STOMP Out Bullying.

I already placed my order. :)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Last edited by chijohnaok on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

The shirt is totally cool from a graphic design standpoint. A professional artist could not make anything cooler than that. It's cool BECAUSE it is primitive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
The shirt is totally cool from a graphic design standpoint. A professional artist could not make anything cooler than that. It's cool BECAUSE it is primitive.

I agree. The design is cool.

I can't wait for mine to be delivered.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next