maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Feel good story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Middle-school volleyball players prevent suicidal California woman from jumping off bridge

Quote:
Members of a middle-school boys volleyball team prevented a 47-year-old Fresno woman from jumping to her death from a bridge on Thursday.

The boys, who are in grades 6, 7 and 8 at Keppler Neighborhood School were jogging when they saw a woman on the Tuolumne Street Bridge about to jump to the railroad tracks nearly 100 feet below, according to 6ABC.

“She was like, one hand, and feet hanging already,” Brandy Ezell, one of the boys, said.

The boys started shouting, “Call 911,” their coach Elliot Murray said.

While he called 911, he gave the boys instructions.

[More U.S. News] Florida man who bought private island for $8 million busted for stealing Keurig coffee machine, other items from Kmart »
“I immediately told the kids, 'Do everything you can. Chant, say ‘Stop, your life is worth it,, and they just kept on chanting,” said Murray.

“We went up we were there for like 10 minutes, trying to distract her," student Elijah Gomez said.

The boys’ encouragement worked and the woman climbed back onto the bridge before police arrived on the scene.

[More U.S. News] John McCain’s beloved dog Burma dies in ‘tragic accident’ »
“We contacted her, found out she was actually trying to commit suicide and the officer placed her on a mental health evaluation hold for 72 hours to be evaluated by mental health workers,” Lt. Mark Hudson of the Fresno Police Department said.

“She took a glance and hearing those kids, it registered to her, ‘I can’t do this in front of them,'” said Murray.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
chijohnaok wrote:

Transylvanian perhaps? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Tough guy Scotchman biking across the world picks up a stray cat on his journey and she turns out to be his best friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Tough guy Scotchman biking across the world picks up a stray cat on his journey and she turns out to be his best friend.

That is a cool story

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

this post was made by nero who is currently on your ignore list.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
C_S wrote:
this post was made by nero who is currently on your ignore list.

Makes me so happy. Feeling good.

:mrgreen:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Keep on Truckin' George!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
Quote:
Teen's prom dress pays tribute to fallen Marines: 'I don't want them to fade into nothing'

Yahoo Lifestyle Erin Donnelly,Yahoo Lifestyle Mon, Apr 29 10:33 AM CDT .

Aubrey Headon, a student at Rochelle Township High School in Rochelle, Ill., told Yahoo Lifestyle that she spent two years planning a prom dress that would serve as a tribute to the military. The royal blue halter-neck gown echoes the American flag with its design, which features an embellished bodice and waistband. Her skirt is adorned with red and white ribbons bearing the names of 25 members of the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, known also as 3/5 or Darkhorse.

Between September 2010 and April 2011, 25 of the battalion’s Marines were killed in action in the Sangin District in Afghanistan’s Helmand Province. Meeting the mother of Alec Catherwood, one of the fallen Marines, inspired Headon to do “something special” in his memory.

“It all started when I met one of the Gold Star moms, Gretchen Catherwood,” Headon told Yahoo Lifestyle. “She started the Darkhorse Lodge to help combat veterans. I do a fundraiser every year to donate to the lodge.”

Last weekend’s prom gave her the opportunity to show some sartorial support.

“I wanted to wear this tribute dress [to] my senior prom so the memories of the guys who fell in Afghanistan for our right to live how we do and do what we do every day is carried on,” the teen said. “I don’t want them to fade into nothing.”

But not all of the ribbons are red and white. A black ribbon hanging from the middle of Headon’s skirt reads “Tyler Smith.” Smith, a member of the Illinois Army National Guard who graduated from Rochelle Township High School in 2014, died in September in what has been ruled a drowning.

Headon said she’s been flooded with messages of support since her mother posted footage of her dress on social media.

“The biggest response has been from Gold Star families, thanking me for remembering their loved ones,” she shared.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prom-dr ... 27631.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

knuckles_95 wrote:
Quote:
Teen's prom dress pays tribute to fallen Marines: 'I don't want them to fade into nothing'

Yahoo Lifestyle Erin Donnelly,Yahoo Lifestyle Mon, Apr 29 10:33 AM CDT .

Aubrey Headon, a student at Rochelle Township High School in Rochelle, Ill., told Yahoo Lifestyle that she spent two years planning a prom dress that would serve as a tribute to the military. The royal blue halter-neck gown echoes the American flag with its design, which features an embellished bodice and waistband. Her skirt is adorned with red and white ribbons bearing the names of 25 members of the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, known also as 3/5 or Darkhorse.

Between September 2010 and April 2011, 25 of the battalion’s Marines were killed in action in the Sangin District in Afghanistan’s Helmand Province. Meeting the mother of Alec Catherwood, one of the fallen Marines, inspired Headon to do “something special” in his memory.

“It all started when I met one of the Gold Star moms, Gretchen Catherwood,” Headon told Yahoo Lifestyle. “She started the Darkhorse Lodge to help combat veterans. I do a fundraiser every year to donate to the lodge.”

Last weekend’s prom gave her the opportunity to show some sartorial support.

“I wanted to wear this tribute dress [to] my senior prom so the memories of the guys who fell in Afghanistan for our right to live how we do and do what we do every day is carried on,” the teen said. “I don’t want them to fade into nothing.”

But not all of the ribbons are red and white. A black ribbon hanging from the middle of Headon’s skirt reads “Tyler Smith.” Smith, a member of the Illinois Army National Guard who graduated from Rochelle Township High School in 2014, died in September in what has been ruled a drowning.

Headon said she’s been flooded with messages of support since her mother posted footage of her dress on social media.

“The biggest response has been from Gold Star families, thanking me for remembering their loved ones,” she shared.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prom-dr ... 27631.html

Good story.

God bless her (Aubrey Headon) and thanks for posting this Knuckles.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next