maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UPS delivery fail
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 16770
Got a UPS package at my door, I never order anything to this address. It's for a neighbor 3 streets over w/ the same numbers :roll:

I fro'd it in my car I'll give it to the UPS guy on Monday. But now it's just sitting there undelivered all weekend, and prolly critically expedited cancer medication for a bbabay or a Nun or something like that. Prolly get shot trying to do a neighbor a favor.... gesh.

brb :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: UPS delivery fail
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:33 pm 
First Sergeant

Put it down, knocked, walked quickly to the car and left. No shots fired. I heard the front door open before getting back in the car and driving off so package successfully delivered 8-) Who can calculate how many lives were spared by such benevolence?

Heroes don't like to be recognized for our good deeds though awe shucks :oops: The land of the overworld is saved once again due to CSLF perseverance and compulsiveness. It was nothing really.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:49 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17302
Good deed done for the day. Fine job, sir.

Can be infuriating when you gotta do someone else's job for them, but at least it was fixed fairly easily and you saved the recipients a lot of headache.

Gotta ask - do you live in the 'hood? Expecting people to draw on you when knocking on a door? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
Expecting people to draw on you when knocking on a door?

I aimed a gun at a police officer's face for knocking on my door unexpectedly. And I'm the nicest American who ever lived.

I put down the package, knocked, then made like a tree.

In other Chicken news: Got another Jury Summons. gesh. It's my honor to serve the community. I guess :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 pm 
First Sergeant

There are options to get out of it. I read through these options very carefully. Sadly I don't meet any of the criteria.

I've never heard or read of anyone being arrested for neglecting jury duty so I seriously thought of simply ignoring the summons and claiming I never got it. They don't 'arrest' you for not showing up, they 'fine' you.

I'm going to have to be there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm 
First Sergeant

The State vs Nero

The honorable Chicken Salad presiding

There are ppl who like doing stuff like this I don't. I think there should be an option for a citizen to mark they just don't want to do it. There's no shortage of ppl who like judging other ppl for crying out loud so let them do it, disrupt their schedule w/ a court summons instead of mine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 16675
I remember the last apartment where the previous guy living there didn't bother to redirect any of his mail.

I got a ton of his mail, job offers, bills etc. to my place.

For a while I delivered them to the post to be resent to the appropriate address - and nothing happened, he didn't do shit to fix his address!

But once I no longer received his mail but they were delivered by the postal service to the nearest dumpster - voilá!

It stopped coming in.

The postal service obviously misdelivered his shit to the dumpster because I'm not sure of the postal law but I don't suppose it's perfectly fine to do that sort of thing yourself so I was lucky that the postal service did it until the guy figured out that he really needs to redirect his mail.

Profile E-mail