PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PROBLEMS IN CHINA
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:28 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
Before watching the videos, I would say the problem is with population; the one child policy was a disaster and a demographic catastrophe will follow. ;)

Now I start watching...

PS. Can not watch Molyneux with having serious brain damage, so have to do with Chomsky. I read Chomsky before, like context free grammars and such...

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
According to Bishop Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, China is the best implementer of Catholic social doctrine...

Quote:
The chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences praised the 'extraordinary' Communist state

“Right now, those who are best implementing the social doctrine of the Church are the Chinese,” a senior Vatican official has said.

Bishop Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences, praised the Communist state as “extraordinary”, saying: “You do not have shantytowns, you do not have drugs, young people do not take drugs”. Instead, there is a “positive national conscience”.

The bishop told the Spanish-language edition of Vatican Insider that in China “the economy does not dominate politics, as happens in the United States, something Americans themselves would say.”

Bishop Sánchez Sorondo said that China was implementing Pope Francis’s encyclical Laudato Si’ better than many other countries and praised it for defending Paris Climate Accord. “In that, it is assuming a moral leadership that others have abandoned”, he added.

He accused US president Donald Trump of being “manipulated” by global oil firms, and said that, as opposed to those who follow “liberal thought”, the Chinese are working for the greater good of the planet.

The Vatican and China have been holding talks in recent years over the status of the ‘underground’ Church and the appointment of bishops. In November, the Vatican Museums also organised joint exhibitions with China in what was called “diplomacy of art”.

As part of the diplomacy efforts, Bishop Sánchez Sorondo visited the country. “What I found was an extraordinary China,” he said. “What people don’t realise is that the central value in China is work, work, work. There’s no other way, fundamentally it is like St Paul said: he who doesn’t work, doesn’t eat.”

Bishop Sánchez Sorondo concluded by saying that China is “developing well” and now has “many points of agreement” with the Vatican.

“You cannot think that the China of today is the China of [the time of] John Paul II, or Cold War Russia,” he said.

http://catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... an-bishop/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
According to Bishop Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, China is the best implementer of Catholic social doctrine...

Quote:
The chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences praised the 'extraordinary' Communist state

“Right now, those who are best implementing the social doctrine of the Church are the Chinese,” a senior Vatican official has said.

Bishop Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences, praised the Communist state as “extraordinary”, saying: “You do not have shantytowns, you do not have drugs, young people do not take drugs”. Instead, there is a “positive national conscience”.

The bishop told the Spanish-language edition of Vatican Insider that in China “the economy does not dominate politics, as happens in the United States, something Americans themselves would say.”

Bishop Sánchez Sorondo said that China was implementing Pope Francis’s encyclical Laudato Si’ better than many other countries and praised it for defending Paris Climate Accord. “In that, it is assuming a moral leadership that others have abandoned”, he added.

He accused US president Donald Trump of being “manipulated” by global oil firms, and said that, as opposed to those who follow “liberal thought”, the Chinese are working for the greater good of the planet.

The Vatican and China have been holding talks in recent years over the status of the ‘underground’ Church and the appointment of bishops. In November, the Vatican Museums also organised joint exhibitions with China in what was called “diplomacy of art”.

As part of the diplomacy efforts, Bishop Sánchez Sorondo visited the country. “What I found was an extraordinary China,” he said. “What people don’t realise is that the central value in China is work, work, work. There’s no other way, fundamentally it is like St Paul said: he who doesn’t work, doesn’t eat.”

Bishop Sánchez Sorondo concluded by saying that China is “developing well” and now has “many points of agreement” with the Vatican.

“You cannot think that the China of today is the China of [the time of] John Paul II, or Cold War Russia,” he said.

:lol:

But what would Bishop Barron say? :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:27 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
Mac wrote:

Quote:

They're hoping that with a brown tongue they can ease the situation of Church in China?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14427
Quote:
... Catholic social doctrine ...

You mean "Be fruitful and multiply" ?? :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... Catholic social doctrine ...

You mean "Be fruitful and multiply" ?? :D

That was g-d's order in the old testament. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Thread invalidated: Chumpsky video in OP.

Anyway, yeah, China is a shitswirl and impending time bomb . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I stumbled onto these two videos:

Is what they portray accurate?

Who knows...maybe these two white devils are lying.

But if so, they went to a hell of an effort to orchestrate all that.

PS, I loved the little story that one of them shared in the 2nd video about the elevator in his mother in law's apartment building.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
chijohnaok wrote:
Is what they portray accurate?

Pretty much.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail