It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Evil U.S.Corporations Fleeing Overseas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Ogilvy was a funny guy. Sad story about the 9 year old, though.

Corporate flight was NEVER going to be fixed under Maoboma. Unless you made solar panels or were owned by a "person of color" or the CEO joined some hack council and announced how brilliant Maobama was you were dog shit.

I don't think that corporations like Apple base their business plans on the skin color the president.

That would be a silly. ;)

That isn't what he said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
Anthropoid wrote:
nero wrote:
I don't think that corporations like Apple base their business plans on the skin color the president.

That would be a silly. ;)

That isn't what he said.

Is Apple he now? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Jack T. Ripper is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:48 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228

"If things are so bad with Trump, why is Obama trying to take the credit" :lol:
6:25

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:22 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5757
knuckles_95 wrote:
What has Carter, RR, GHWB, Clinton, and GWB done about this? What has Congress done about this? Sure Obama is spineless but everyone in our government is.

Preznit Precious did sweet f*c*all, just because he is Iran's creature does not mean he will not allow the Clinton wing to be China's Chuckles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Trump is not only talking to Apple.....he's trying to unnerve the Chicoms

:lol: He's a 'bully"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:10 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Making iPhones in the USA?

Posted by David Foster on September 12th, 2018 (All posts by David Foster)

Trump’s proposed tariff increase on Chinese imports would affect Apple products including the Apple Watch, though apparently not the iPhone itself. Here is Apple’s response.

And from President Trump:

Apple prices may increase because of the massive Tariffs we may be imposing on China – but there is an easy solution where there would be ZERO tax, and indeed a tax incentive. Make your products in the United States instead of China. Start building new plants now. Exciting!

There has been much discussion for some time about the economic feasibility of building Apple products–especially the iPhone–in the United States, and considerable new commentary in the wake of the tariff controversy. In 2011, then-President Obama asked Steve Jobs what it would take to make iPhones in the US. Steve’s response was that, basically, the problems were more about skill levels and cultural factors–in particular, he is said to have mentioned a need for 30,000 manufacturing engineers.

This strikes me as a very improbable requirement. Manufacturing engineers are the people who design and improve manufacturing processes: I can’t imagine why you would need 30,000 of them for all of Apple’s product lines combined, let alone for the iPhone alone. (It’s possible that the term “manufacturing engineers” was a misquote of what Jobs actually said, or the Jobs was speaking very loosely–indeed, he apparently went on to say that the people in question could be educated in trade schools. Maybe he meant toolmakers…although also, 30,000 toolmakers sounds like an awful lot for iPhone or indeed all of Apple…or shift supervisors, or something of the sort.

There was a Quora discussion in 2016 on the topic: How much would an iPhone cost if Apple were forced to make it in America? Out of all the responses, which were of various quality, Forbes chose in January of this year to reprint one that seems to me to be rather extreme: In the $30,000 to $100,000 range…assuming it could be made at all.

The author quotes Apple CEO Tim Cook on the skills gap between China and the US:

… the reason is because of the skill … and the quantity of skill in one location … and the type of skill it is. The products we do require really advanced tooling. And the precision that you have to have in tooling and working with the materials that we do are state-of-the-art. And the tooling skill is very deep here.

In the U.S. you could have a meeting of tooling engineers and I’m not sure we could fill the room. In China you could fill multiple football fields.

The author says:

Tooling engineering is a highly skilled position that requires years of training and experience. It is an “analog” type skill that combines artisanal craftsmanship with precision engineering skills. And as Mr. Cook alludes to later in the talk, the Chinese have developed and scaled these skills over the last three decades while the U.S. and other countries have gone the other direction and de-emphasized them.

(The author also talks about the fact that the iPhone supply chain is now largely centered in the Far East, which is true–but “moving iPhone manufacturing to the US” does not imply that every single component or subcomponent or raw-material element in the periodic table would need to come from the US.)

It is certainly true that the US over the past couple of decades has deemphasized manufacturing-related skill sets: but I doubt seriously that the problem is so severe as to make the US manufacturing of a product like iPhone infeasible. After all, cars and trucks are made in the US, and they involve quite a lot of production engineering and tooling. Airplanes and jet engines, too, are made here, and I’d expect that the production engineering challenges for a GE or P&W jet engine equal or exceed anything involved with making an iPhone. And there are plenty of other products and components manufactured in the US as well.

Read the rest of this entry » https://chicagoboyz.net/archives/58096.html#more-58096
Links in the original plus some interesting comments.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15552
Only a bunch of globalist shitbirds could destroy several million American manufacturing jobs chasing Chinese market access and then complain that the US does not have enough people with background skills in the jobs they just destroyed.

10,000% tax on Chinese electronics would be fine with me. Scroo Apple.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Fuck Apple. Fuck any CEO who insists they must manufacturer outside the U.S. in order for their business to be feasible. Fuck anyone who defends such notions. Fuck the execs who think it is just fine and dandy to steal from the country that way. And fuck any politician who defends it. THIS is the single most important issue we face at this stage, not just of American history but the history of Western Civilization. If the U.S. can advance to the "next stage," then it will drag every other nation and person on Earth up at least somewhat too. But pilfering the American coffers and enriching those of despotic, corrupt, undemocratic regimes by taking advantage of impoverished, low-expectations work forces overseas as well as much less lax regulations and safety have done nothing but harm the country, and humanity as a whole, even while it has made a small number of super rich even richer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Agreed.

Fuck these assholes who wanna save a small percentage using cheap foreign labor elsewhere. They and their political cronies have slowly burned down part of our economy over decades and now these wealthy assholes have the balls to tell their major customer market that they don't want to pay them to work for them.

The pomposity of these globalist douchebags is astounding.