Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Evil U.S.Corporations Fleeing Overseas
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
Fuck Apple. Fuck any CEO who insists they must manufacturer outside the U.S. in order for their business to be feasible. Fuck anyone who defends such notions. Fuck the execs who think it is just fine and dandy to steal from the country that way. And fuck any politician who defends it. THIS is the single most important issue we face at this stage, not just of American history but the history of Western Civilization. If the U.S. can advance to the "next stage," then it will drag every other nation and person on Earth up at least somewhat too. But pilfering the American coffers and enriching those of despotic, corrupt, undemocratic regimes by taking advantage of impoverished, low-expectations work forces overseas as well as much less lax regulations and safety have done nothing but harm the country, and humanity as a whole, even while it has made a small number of super rich even richer.

NefariousKoel wrote:
Agreed.

Fuck these assholes who wanna save a small percentage using cheap foreign labor elsewhere. They and their political cronies have slowly burned down part of our economy over decades and now these wealthy assholes have the balls to tell their major customer market that they don't want to pay them to work for them.

The pomposity of these globalist douchebags is astounding.

So then....the question is...who of you own a cell phone manufactured in the United States?

That is actually a trick question as its my understanding that NO cell phones are currently manufactured in the USA

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Evil U.S.Corporations Fleeing Overseas
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
I don't own a cell phone manufacturing company, nor a telecoms company, nor am I a politician or law maker.

I am merely a consumer and I am exempt from blame :mrgreen:

Seriously though, what is the point of whether or not any of us own a "U.S. produced" mobile device?

I did own (still do assuming it is packed up in the stuff that got salvaged from our house wreck . . .) a completely American ASSEMBLED laptop . . . I think at least a certain fraction of the components were even manufactured in the U.S. too . . . probably not all.

The point is: politicians and business leaders (and financial leaders too I reckon) are the ones who have driven these productive niches into cheaper and less regulated overseas locations. Consumers may have been happy to have lower costs, but I don't think it would be empirically viable to argue that these off shorings occurred historically because consumers DEMANDED lower costs. I'd be curious if there is proof of that much, but I seriously doubt that.

Profile E-mail