maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155
 Post subject: Re: Slaughter passes in the House 222-203
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557
Either she started stupid or has dementia. or is acting like it on purpose. She is making the Dem with the Guam capsizing question look like Mr. National Geographic

None of those are really good things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:42 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Was it 700 billion people or 700 billion dollars? (IDK)

Quote:
Right, but WHAT ARE the root causes?

The root causes of people wanting cargo ? I would say having a bunch of polyticians who have trained the people thusly !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:32 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
jwilkerson wrote:
Was it 700 billion people or 700 billion dollars? (IDK)

Quote:

The root causes of people wanting cargo ? I would say having a bunch of polyticians who have trained the people thusly !!

We might have gotten some crossed wires here. When I asked about the "root causes" I was asking about the root causes of "the runaway costs, through the whole healthcare chain" in the U.S., not the purported "cure" for that.

Anthropoid wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:
Both are just trying to slap huge bandaids over the the end results, and do nothing about the root causes. :roll:

They've only been shifting the financial burdens around between differing groups, to varying degrees. Yet the runaway costs, through the whole healthcare chain, is pretty much untouched. I don't see any the political parties looking very deeply at addressing it either.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:55 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
... We might have gotten some crossed wires here. When I asked about the "root causes" I was asking about the root causes of "the runaway costs, through the whole healthcare chain" in the U.S., not the purported "cure" for that. ...

Same answer ... people want cargo ... free stuff ...

the whole insurance game gives the impression that medical care is free. And the cargo-ist mentally furthers the idea that everyone should have access to this "free" medical care. That cancer treatments costing $100s of thousands should be free to everyone.

I'd say ... ban insurance. Let everyone pay for their own health care directly to the doctor. Costs would go way down and people would make practical decisions about what treatment they could afford.

An example, not involving a human would be. My dog has a cataract. This could be corrected for $4k. Will we do it? No. If it was a human child. probably. If it was a 100yr old human probably not. If we were living from pay check to pay check, probably not in any case, etc.

I am not in the club that says men with gun are allowed to steal my money at gun point to pay for everyone else's health care on earth, regardless of any circumstances.

I am in the club that says each person is responsible for their own life and their own health care. Of course, parents will take care of their children until they are adults. But no law should require me to take care of others. I can if I want to, but I do not have to. So, I can contribute to charities, but I am not required to.

The cargo-ist, victim culture is the issue and until our culture falls apart and a new one emerges, things will get worse, not better. We have to hit bottom before we can begin the journey back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:41 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
@Jwilk: I suspect that, overall, you are correct. The vast majority of the runaway costs in health care in the US can be attributed to the unholy alliance between insurance firms, health care provider firms, and their clients (those who purchase insurance in order to afford expensive health care).

But if we want to regard "running the U.S." like running a business, then I'd say we cannot just go with the "let it hit rock bottom, then start over" option. Admittedly, any efforts to understand much less influence "the solution" does seem rather futile, but the more that defeatist attitude prevails the worse I'd say.

Insurance is an interesting concept, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the idea of "banning" it because in its primordial form it strikes me as a perfectly legitimate free market enterprise, not too much unlike lending or investing. They all involve speculation as to future events, and contractual fiduciary arrangements between parties who expect to benefit based on their expectations of future events.

Insurance providers have reasonable data on the rates of various health problems (or so they assume), and clients want peace of mind that they might be able to afford health care costs which they might (possibly) incur in future. The provider and the client agree on a rate of payment (a bit like a rate of investment but not really, since you can only get returns on that investment by being ill) and their off to the races. The insurance provider only has to (a) strike up this sort of arrangement with a sufficiently large pool of clients (b) have sufficient initial capital to cover any costs they incur; and (c) arrange for interest- or market-based securities acquisition with the funds they gather from clients and Presto! revenue!

I don't see anything in this sort of arrangement as being akin to "cargo entitlement" and on the face of it, there is nothing exploitative or greedy either.

Admittedly the SPECIFICS of how health insurance, and health care cost-assignments, and insurance claims, and accounting for all the above are handled seem to be at the heart of "why" there are runaway health care costs in the U.S. But I have a hard time going from that hypothesis to the idea that we should "ban insurance." Enforce radical changes to regulation and operational constraints on insurance? Yes, almost assuredly.

The tragedy of course is that Obamacare did nothing of the sort. As far as I can gather, Obamacare was basically sold out to the insurance and health care firms very early in its development and that is primarily why it is a failure. What is needed, is a TrumpCare, in which the health insurance and health care firms are FORCED (at gun point if necessary) to accept that their glory days of reaping huge profits are past and they will have to console themselves with smaller profits. Or at least, that is what I suspect it boils down to.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 pm 
First Sergeant

You assume what you think matters !!! :D

The cargo-ists are in charge ... yes, technically they lost the election ... but it is a "dead cat bounce" ... even trumpf cannot roll back the cargo-ists ... he can delay a bit ... but that delays hitting bottom and coming back ... of course such bottom hitting and returning will probably take a few hundred years ... even in these times ... so don't hold your breath !!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
... In a statement, governors joined insurers pressuring Republican President Donald Trump to stand down from threats to cut off about $8 billion in subsidies ...
]

Surprise, surprise ... gubernors want free money !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:58 am 
First Sergeant

hussein had a pen ... so does trumpf ...

Quote:
... ==
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday urged Democrats to make a healthcare deal after cutting off Obamacare subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients in a forceful move that sparked threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets.

In a nod to that same constituency, the president signed an executive order earlier on Thursday to make it easier for Americans to buy bare-bones health insurance plans exempt from Obamacare requirements.

The White House said late on Thursday that it could not lawfully pay the subsidies anymore.

A White House statement said that based on guidance from the Justice Department, “the Department of Health and Human Services has concluded that there is no appropriation for cost-sharing reduction payments to insurance companies under Obamacare.”

“In light of this analysis, the Government cannot lawfully make the cost-sharing reduction payments,” it said.

The administration also slashed the Obamacare advertising and outreach budget and halved the open enrollment period.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare/trump-scraps-key-obamacare-subsidies-urges-democrats-to-fix-broken-mess-idUSKBN1CI0E4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
jwilkerson wrote:
hussein had a pen ... so does trumpf ...

Quote:
... ==
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday urged Democrats to make a healthcare deal after cutting off Obamacare subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients in a forceful move that sparked threats of legal action and concern of chaos in insurance markets.

In a nod to that same constituency, the president signed an executive order earlier on Thursday to make it easier for Americans to buy bare-bones health insurance plans exempt from Obamacare requirements.

The White House said late on Thursday that it could not lawfully pay the subsidies anymore.

A White House statement said that based on guidance from the Justice Department, “the Department of Health and Human Services has concluded that there is no appropriation for cost-sharing reduction payments to insurance companies under Obamacare.”

“In light of this analysis, the Government cannot lawfully make the cost-sharing reduction payments,” it said.

The administration also slashed the Obamacare advertising and outreach budget and halved the open enrollment period.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare/trump-scraps-key-obamacare-subsidies-urges-democrats-to-fix-broken-mess-idUSKBN1CI0E4

So slaughter passes in the Whitehouse 1-0. :roll:

"Hyvin menee kun herrat nauraa" : "Things go well when the lords are laughing" -- Finnish proverb.

1 million people less with healthcare insurance.

So fucking biggly win for Dump. :twisted:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:09 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 13767
Hey, Dumbass. Obamacare means racists pay a thousand a month for "healthcare" with a 10,000 dollar deductible. In other words, no healthcare. Kneegroes and illegal immigrants have always had free healthcare. That's why they love the free shit racists pay for.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155