I Hear You Are Shit Now Scandinavia

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

wulfir
Staff Sergeant

Re: I Hear You Are Shit Now Scandinavia

#81 Post by wulfir » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Gump wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 am
in Norden world....
När jag tänker på vår framtid,
och de som kommer efter oss,
då önskar jag dem starka,
så de klarar av att slåss

Jag önskar de blir fria och inte trälar såsom vi,
jag vill se hårda män och kvinnor - ja, så ska Norden bli...

nero
Sergeant Major

#82 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 pm
I think he was joking. I think. I don't know anymore.
I am pretty much certain that you know what I was meant. Call it gallows humour. ;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Mac
First Sergeant

#83 Post by Mac » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Getting the thread back on track, Mother Jones has uncovered who was really behind the attacks on SAS. Shock, horror.
4Chan Trolls Target Scandinavian Airlines With Racist Harassment Campaign

Much of the online harassment directed at a major European airline in recent days appears to have come from users of a controversial 4chan message board, according to a review by Mother Jones.

Earlier this week, the Sweden-based Scandinavian Airlines released a commercial as part of its “What is truly Scandinavian?” marketing campaign. According to the airline, also referred to as SAS, “absolutely nothing” is “truly Scandinavian.” The ad explains: “Our democracy? Credit goes to Greece. Parental leave? Thank you, Switzerland. The iconic Scandinavian windmills were actually invented in Persia…What about licorice? It’s Chinese.” The point, the ad explains, is that “in a way, Scandinavia was brought here, piece-by-piece,” by people who traveled abroad. “We can’t wait to see what wonderful things you’ll bring home next,” it concludes.

The response has been ferocious. The airline’s social media channels have been bombarded with thousands of angry comments from people who disagree with the ad’s message. SAS told the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet that it believed the outcry was the result of a “coordinated attack on the campaign.”

SAS’ suspicions appear to be correct. While the backlash likely has multiple points of origin, the ad campaign has particularly incensed 4chan’s Pol message board, the politics-focused portion of the website that’s a known hub for fringe alt-righters and white nationalists. The commercial directly contradicts bigoted notions of white, European, and Nordic supremacy, which are core beliefs of the internet far-right. In response, Pol users have launched a coordinated campaign targeting the airline and the ad agency that made the video.

As is often the case on the Pol board, the rage is unequivocally racist. While 4chan is small compared to some other social media platforms, the site still brings in 27 million monthly users, according to its own metrics. And compared to other 4chan eruptions, the scope of the anti-SAS campaign is massive. Pol users have created more than a dozen independent threads to gripe about the ad, and many are highly active.

Users in almost every thread viewed by Mother Jones posted links to the YouTube video of the ad and encouraged others to “be sure to let them know how you feel in the comments” and to “hit that dislike button.” SAS disabled comments at some point after posting the video. However, the “like” and “dislike” buttons are still available, with dislikes massively outpacing likes, 62,000 to 4,500. Pol users also suggested that trolls direct their rage at other, related targets. “Community comment section still open,” one user wrote in response to a post about the commercial being temporarily removed from YouTube.

“F–gots turned comments off,” another poster wrote. “Pretty soon they’ll turn the like/dislike off too. But luckily, this ad is mirrored elsewhere where comments AREN’T turned off.”

One 4chan poster directed users to “clog” SAS’s online customer service portal with comments.

“We should troll the ad agency,” another 4channer suggested, linking to the website of &Co., the Copenhagen-based firm that SAS worked with.

Others did troll the agency. According to 4chan posters, &Co. pulled the reviews section off of its YouTube page. 4channers even posted a list of the agency’s staff. Mother Jones found roughly a dozen instances in which the list was posted on anti-SAS threads.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -campaign/
Well if thinking someone of West African descent having Viking ancestors is stupid makes you a racist, then I am I guess indeed a racist. Also its /pol/ not Pol. Fucking newfags.
Last edited by Mac on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#84 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:07 pm
Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Sorry, but that is like, the LEAST convincing thing I've ever seen. I want to see census level type data or GTFO :lol:
I don't think such data exists tbh, people tend to get a bit testy when you ask those kind of questions. Doing a google seach of "how many jewish people work at CNN?" turns up an (apparently incomplete) wiki page listing Jewish American journalists in general and then just a bunch of links to CNN news articles about Jewish people.

I did find this on the second page though, an article from a Jewish site that lists Jews in prominent positions in the media... . . . SNIP . . .
[/quote]

Well. I am (or, I at least TRY to be) a pretty strict empiricist. If we ask the question: "How many jews are actually in control?" and the conclusion we reach is "I don't think such data exists tbh," then . . . from my standpoint we've just reached an impasse which leaves us with no valid option except to close our research with: Don't know, cannot say for sure, no way to tell.

"More anecdotes" does not make a pile of them any less invalid :)

What MIGHT suffice is: pick a segment of industries or a particular industry for which the data exists and which logic dictates would not be an invalid sample frame for testing the hypothesis. I mean: we CAN express this as an "hypothesis" after all. Hypothesized: People of Jewish Identity command disproportionately more positions of influence, authority and power than any other group.

We'd need to define what we mean by "disproportionately" and likely "any other group" could prove problematic, but the basic idea does have the outlines of a falsifiable statement.

We'd need to construct our test in a such a way that we were confident that test COULD in fact falsify the statement, which is not the same thing as saying "we need to design our test and our sample to falsify the statement," but rather, it must be POSSIBLE and the outcome of the test must be dependent on the observations we make in the course of collecting information we presently lack. So then we collect the data from the small manageable sample where the necessary information exists and we see what it tells us.

If we contrast this with a cherry-picked list of names from a couple of firms and a screen cap of a class picture with stars of David marked on people's pictures the difference is night and day. One is a non-scientific attempt to convince using potentially false and misleading information, the other is a scientific effort to understand by getting the best data possible given the difficulties of the real world.

nero
Sergeant Major

#85 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Getting the thread back on track, Mother Jones has uncovered who was really behind the attacks on SAS. Shock, horror.
4Chan Trolls Target Scandinavian Airlines With Racist Harassment Campaign

Much of the online harassment directed at a major European airline in recent days appears to have come from users of a controversial 4chan message board, according to a review by Mother Jones.

Earlier this week, the Sweden-based Scandinavian Airlines released a commercial as part of its “What is truly Scandinavian?” marketing campaign. According to the airline, also referred to as SAS, “absolutely nothing” is “truly Scandinavian.” The ad explains: “Our democracy? Credit goes to Greece. Parental leave? Thank you, Switzerland. The iconic Scandinavian windmills were actually invented in Persia…What about licorice? It’s Chinese.” The point, the ad explains, is that “in a way, Scandinavia was brought here, piece-by-piece,” by people who traveled abroad. “We can’t wait to see what wonderful things you’ll bring home next,” it concludes.

The response has been ferocious. The airline’s social media channels have been bombarded with thousands of angry comments from people who disagree with the ad’s message. SAS told the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet that it believed the outcry was the result of a “coordinated attack on the campaign.”

SAS’ suspicions appear to be correct. While the backlash likely has multiple points of origin, the ad campaign has particularly incensed 4chan’s Pol message board, the politics-focused portion of the website that’s a known hub for fringe alt-righters and white nationalists. The commercial directly contradicts bigoted notions of white, European, and Nordic supremacy, which are core beliefs of the internet far-right. In response, Pol users have launched a coordinated campaign targeting the airline and the ad agency that made the video.

As is often the case on the Pol board, the rage is unequivocally racist. While 4chan is small compared to some other social media platforms, the site still brings in 27 million monthly users, according to its own metrics. And compared to other 4chan eruptions, the scope of the anti-SAS campaign is massive. Pol users have created more than a dozen independent threads to gripe about the ad, and many are highly active.

Users in almost every thread viewed by Mother Jones posted links to the YouTube video of the ad and encouraged others to “be sure to let them know how you feel in the comments” and to “hit that dislike button.” SAS disabled comments at some point after posting the video. However, the “like” and “dislike” buttons are still available, with dislikes massively outpacing likes, 62,000 to 4,500. Pol users also suggested that trolls direct their rage at other, related targets. “Community comment section still open,” one user wrote in response to a post about the commercial being temporarily removed from YouTube.

“F–gots turned comments off,” another poster wrote. “Pretty soon they’ll turn the like/dislike off too. But luckily, this ad is mirrored elsewhere where comments AREN’T turned off.”

One 4chan poster directed users to “clog” SAS’s online customer service portal with comments.

“We should troll the ad agency,” another 4channer suggested, linking to the website of &Co., the Copenhagen-based firm that SAS worked with.

Others did troll the agency. According to 4chan posters, &Co. pulled the reviews section off of its YouTube page. 4channers even posted a list of the agency’s staff. Mother Jones found roughly a dozen instances in which the list was posted on anti-SAS threads.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -campaign/
Well if thinking someone of West African descent having Viking ancestors is stupid makes you a racist, then I am I guess indeed a racist. Also its /pol/ not Pol. Fucking newfags.
Is that news, I was pretty much certain that you are again channeling 4chan. :lol:

PS. Use the preview feature to have your formatting in order. ;)

PS. It is possible that some west african and a viking have common ancestor.
PPS. The SAS ad is just silly, in many obvious ways. IMHO.
Last edited by nero on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#86 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 pm

“coordinated attack on the campaign.”

SAS’ suspicions appear to be correct. While the backlash likely has multiple points of origin,

It is HILARIOUS how terrible journalism is. They say "appears to be a coordinated attack" (without any obvious concern about PROOF) and then turn right around and say "likely has multiple origins," and then turn RIGHT AROUND AGAIN and carry on arguing WITHOUT PROOF that it was a 4chan coordinated attack. It seems that there is a Journalism 101 Textbook somewhere saying effectively "To be convincing, one does NOT actually need to provide verifiable proof of anything. One need simply follow this formula for superficially feigning the appearance of of being impartial:
a. State the an authority figure with an impressively exotic names claims the sky is orange
b. State that "The authority figure's suspicions appear to be correct . . "
c. State that, "While the sky may sometimes be blue . . ."
d. State that "The Sky appears PARTICULARLY Orange right now!"
e. Orange is just simply a more virtuous color which directly contradicts bigoted notions of blue sky supremacy, which are core beliefs of the internet far-right.
f. In response, the Blue Sky Supremacists have launched a coordinated campaign targeting all that is virtuous, progressive and moral in human existence.
Last edited by Anthropoid on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac
First Sergeant

#87 Post by Mac » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm
If we contrast this with a cherry-picked list of names from a couple of firms and a screen cap of a class picture with stars of David marked on people's pictures the difference is night and day. One is a non-scientific attempt to convince using potentially false and misleading information, the other is a scientific effort to understand by getting the best data possible given the difficulties of the real world.
Can't really take the scientific approach when the data doesn't seem to be available for whatever reason can you? Maybe the question should be, why isn't the data there? ;)
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

nero
Sergeant Major

#88 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 pm
Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm
Can't really take the scientific approach when the data doesn't seem to be available for whatever reason can you? Maybe the question should be, why isn't the data there? ;)
Those who don't know speak, and who did it don't tell. ;)

wulfir
Staff Sergeant

#89 Post by wulfir » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 pm

After having republished the anti-white hate PR movie, turned off the comments function and eraset all criticsism, it seems they have again taken the movie offline. It remains to be seen how this will end, but regardless it is still possible to boycott SAS and contact the airline and state what one things about their PR movie.

Let us show the world what network of "far right-wing extremists" and "Russian bots" can do!
https://www.nordfront.se/sas-skyller-kr ... attack.smr

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#90 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:54 pm

wulfir wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 pm
After having republished the anti-white hate PR movie, turned off the comments function and eraset all criticsism, it seems they have again taken the movie offline. It remains to be seen how this will end, but regardless it is still possible to boycott SAS and contact the airline and state what one things about their PR movie.

Let us show the world what network of "far right-wing extremists" and "Russian bots" can do!
https://www.nordfront.se/sas-skyller-kr ... attack.smr
Hitler was a vegetarian dog lover.
So all vegetarian dog lovers are Nazis . . . :lol: