New China virus: Number of cases jumps as infection spreads to Beijing

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

nero
Sergeant Major

Re: New China virus: Number of cases jumps as infection spreads to Beijing

#251 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:22 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 pm
nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:10 pm
This seems to be more serious than was expected. So far mostly in China so far.

But what happens in China, does not stay in China. :(

Rome is different.
Weren’t you the one several days ago who thought/asked if China was handling this better than the prior SARS outbreak?

What say you now?
Yes, I know what I read. How about you?

But then the Chinese did so many things wrong with SARS, that they might do better now, perhaps.

I wish that the Chinese do better the virus and not interfere the US presidential election. ;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#252 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:24 pm

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#253 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm

nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:22 pm
chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Weren’t you the one several days ago who thought/asked if China was handling this better than the prior SARS outbreak?

What say you now?

But then the Chinese did so many things wrong with SARS, that they might do better now, perhaps.

I wish that the Chinese do better the virus and not interfere the US presidential election. ;)

They might do better now? :roll: :roll: :roll:

They have ALREADY done worse.
Between November 2002 and July 2003, an outbreak of SARS in southern China caused an eventual 8,098 cases, resulting in 774 deaths reported in 17 countries (9.6% fatality rate),[
As of 14 February 2020, 64,473 cases have been confirmed (10,627 serious), including in every province-level division of China,[18] but official figures may not have counted a large number of people who have yet to be detected.[19][20] 1,384 deaths have been attributed to the virus since the first confirmed death on 9 January, with 7,170 recoveries
SO FAR, almost 8 times more people have gotten coronavirus than got SARS, and 1.8 times as many people have died.

They certainly are not doing “better” now than last time, and unfortunately THIS time is not finished yet. There will be even more infected, and even more deaths
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#254 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:46 pm

And I can’t even list all the different ways in which they have done worse.

—-they arrested doctors who tried to raise the seriousness of this to the authorities.

—- they held outdoor public banquets near Wuhan with 100,000 people in attendance, sharing food off the same plates, and this was TWO DAYS after the Wuhan authorities publicly acknowledged the outbreak.

—- they have rounded up patients with confirmed OR suspected (untested) cases and placed them together into quarantine at makeshift sites with insufficient medicine, medical equipment or medical personnel to care for those people.

—-based on multiple news articles, and other accounts, Chinese authorities were (and continue to) underreport the number who were affected.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

nero
Sergeant Major

#255 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm
nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:22 pm

Between November 2002 and July 2003, an outbreak of SARS in southern China caused an eventual 8,098 cases, resulting in 774 deaths reported in 17 countries (9.6% fatality rate),[
As of 14 February 2020, 64,473 cases have been confirmed (10,627 serious), including in every province-level division of China,[18] but official figures may not have counted a large number of people who have yet to be detected.[19][20] 1,384 deaths have been attributed to the virus since the first confirmed death on 9 January, with 7,170 recoveries
SO FAR, almost 8 times more people have gotten coronavirus than got SARS, and 1.8 times as many people have died.

They certainly are not doing “better” now than last time, and unfortunately THIS time is not finished yet. There will be even more infected, and even more deaths
Sorry but I have no agenda here. I write what hear form news and such, How about you, after visiting Wuhan and all?

I guess that you and I are on the same level of ignorance of this thing. But if you insist, we can continue disagreeing on nothing. :lol:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#256 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 pm

WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Are you, in your twisted demented little mind, implying that the US is ignoring what is going on in China because we are in the midst of a presidential election?

nero
Sergeant Major

#257 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:25 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 pm
WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Are you, in your twisted demented little mind, implying that the US is ignoring what is going on in China because we are in the midst of a presidential election?
Wasn't Donald Trump calling for that?

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#258 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:35 pm

nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm
chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Sorry but I have no agenda here. I write what hear form news and such, How about you, after visiting Wuhan and all?

I guess that you and I are on the same level of ignorance of this thing. But if you insist, we can continue disagreeing on nothing. :lol:
I haven’t been to Wuhan, but I’ve been reading news articles, and watching videos online from people who are there in China, and from people who have sources in China.

And the statistics that I cited above are not made up (the 2019/2020 Coronavirus data is only as accurate as what the Chinese government is reporting). So even based on their (likely underreported) statistics, things are significantly worse.

nero
Sergeant Major

#259 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:38 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:35 pm
nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm

I haven’t been to Wuhan, but I’ve been reading news articles, and watching videos online from people who are there in China, and from people who have sources in China.

And the statistics that I cited above are not made up (the 2019/2020 Coronavirus data is only as accurate as what the Chinese government is reporting). So even based on their (likely underreported) statistics, things are significantly worse.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mac
First Sergeant

#260 Post by Mac » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 am

I'm not sure what is going on here or why they are rounding people up like this, vid at link...

1581729985836.jpg
1581729985836.jpg (113.82 KiB) Viewed 33 times
https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/statu ... 2749012993
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...