Ukrainian 737 crashes outside Tehran

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

Re: Ukrainian 737 crashes outside Tehran

#131 Post by Mac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:25 pm

nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 pm
But what is the cause of this development? :roll:
Iranian Goverment trying to blame someone else other than themselves for their stupidity?
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#132 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 pm

US special forces were following Soleimani when he was hit. They dragged him out of the car still burning and missing a few limbs and confirmed his identity.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-specia ... ath-photos
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Mac
First Sergeant

#133 Post by Mac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Those pics were all over /pol/ the day he got iced, now you know why I said he looked like kebab meat. ;)
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

nero
Sergeant Major

#134 Post by nero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:25 pm
nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 pm
But what is the cause of this development? :roll:
Iranian Goverment trying to blame someone else other than themselves for their stupidity?
Nah, it does not explain the decline from 1960's.

And in the 1980's religion was weaponized. :twisted:

Fuck that.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Dinosaur
PFC

#135 Post by Dinosaur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm

... Nah, it does not explain the decline from 1960's.

And in the 1980's religion was weaponized ...
My theory is Iran is going thru a "counter-reformation" ... with the Shah "westernizing" Iran being the "reforrmation" ... and the assahollahs stirring up the religious yutes to revolt, to return to the "straight and narrow" being the "counter-reformation". Similar to the Taliban ("students"). Eventually, the CR will sag under the weight of being too old and too out of date ... but it might take a while ... and with the assahollah's penchant for changing the context into "hate the foreigners" ... and the quest for the holy grail ... "On to Jerusalem" ... they can capture the attention of a segment of the population ... apparently. So the CCR might take a while ... but it should succeed, eventually.

Pollo_ensalada
private

#136 Post by Pollo_ensalada » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm

I dunno. If usa was expecting a airstrike wed shoot everything down too. On 911 all.commercial aircrafts were ordered to land immediately. It's just simply too dangerous to fly in airspace considered contested.

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#137 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Pollo_ensalada wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm
I dunno. If usa was expecting a airstrike wed shoot everything down too. On 911 all.commercial aircrafts were ordered to land immediately. It's just simply too dangerous to fly in airspace considered contested.
Right, but that doesn't let them off the hook because it was THEIR attack. They could have grounded all flights 1-2 days ahead of time and that might even have fatigued US readiness.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

wulfir
Staff Sergeant

#138 Post by wulfir » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:25 am

Seems to me Trump is doing OK right now and the leadership in Iran is not.
Maybe even the Iraqis will drop the demand to see the Americans leave...

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#139 Post by Anthropoid » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:00 am

jack t ripper wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 pm
Pollo_ensalada wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Right, but that doesn't let them off the hook because it was THEIR attack. They could have grounded all flights 1-2 days ahead of time and that might even have fatigued US readiness.
Sorry Jack. That would require some professionalism, attention to human welfare and ethical integrity. Iran depleted its stores of all those forms of social capital decades ago. They've been running on the fumes of dogmatic self-indulgent hubris and rage all this time, so blowing their own people out of the sky, or rounding them up by the thousands to be tortured and murdered and repressing all dissent are the best they got. Shooting a friendly jet liner out of the sky in your own capital is par for the course.

These guys are ready to join the nuclear club! :P

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#140 Post by jack t ripper » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 am

Well, it is said the Pakis are so afraid of a sneak Indian attack or even jihadists that they ship their nuke warheads around in UPS trucks so an enemy can't know where they are. Could the Iranians be even more incompetent? Yes, I think they could

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ns/335924/