Ukrainian 737 crashes outside Tehran

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

Re: Ukrainian 737 crashes outside Tehran

#121 Post by Anthropoid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:07 pm

My understanding has always been that: the segment of Iranian population which were predisposed to rabid Islamic supremacist totalitarianism was a fairly small segment. I do believe that 30 or 40 years of the Supremacists ruling and subjecting the population to a long list of stupidity and abuse must have made that segment smaller. Now granted, they may be dispersed, disorganized and disarmed but if 75+% of your populations hates the 5% ruling class and the 20% lackey to the ruling class segment, you've got some serious internal management issues. The sorts of issues you cannot really "fix" by going to pick fights with global superpowers and trying to cover up your stupidity and abuses with bad fake news propaganda. Of course there is no telling how such uprising turns out. Maybe the regime literally just starts murdering them, or some lesser degree of brutality that nonetheless manages to stifle them. Hard to say with the Iranian theocrats. China is a bit more predictable because they are striving (or so they think) to "be a middle class" modern economic powerhouse country. They reckon they can manage that all while maintaining a high degree of autocratic control over their populations, and maybe they can. But they also recognize that to be too blatant in their tyranny could well contribute to domestic issues that spiral out of control. In sum, the Chinese autocrats seem to recognize that they cannot just fix things with Tianneman Part Deux. Not sure the Iranian rulers are that clued in. Supposedly no more than a few months back "1,500" protesters were either outright murdered, or incarcerated and tortured to death or just plain disappeared. That didn't make a lot of noise as far as I'm aware, and here is where the stinking injustice of Western media bias (by which I mean all over the Western world, not just the U.S.) makes you want to puke. Combined all the Western media firms have the capacity to work "for" the people of Iran (and any freedom seeking oppressed peoples) but for them, it is more important to try to score points against Orange Man. Fucking scum bags of the lowest order . . . and yeah, I consider you guys to be complicit with it Sneero and Wulfie and anyone who listens to/watches that shit and takes it the least bit seriously.

Mac
First Sergeant

#122 Post by Mac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:46 pm

The British ambassador was arrested in Tehran accused of inciting protests, breaking story...
Britain's ambassador in Iran has been arrested in capital Tehran a "flagrant violation of international law".

Robert Macaire was taken into custody for several hours before being released.

The 53-year-old was allegedly accused of inciting protests at Amir Akabir University, as thousands of Iranians across the country demonstrated following the attack on Ukrainian Boeing 737-800 which killed all 176 people onboard.

No further details have been released.

Mirror Online has contacted the Foreign Office for comment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... e-21262966
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

nero
Sergeant Major

#123 Post by nero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:46 pm
The British ambassador was arrested in Tehran accused of inciting protests, breaking story...
Britain's ambassador in Iran has been arrested in capital Tehran a "flagrant violation of international law".

Robert Macaire was taken into custody for several hours before being released.

The 53-year-old was allegedly accused of inciting protests at Amir Akabir University, as thousands of Iranians across the country demonstrated following the attack on Ukrainian Boeing 737-800 which killed all 176 people onboard.

No further details have been released.

Mirror Online has contacted the Foreign Office for comment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... e-21262966
Is this a casus belli? :shock:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Dinosaur
PFC

#124 Post by Dinosaur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:43 pm

... The British ambassador was arrested ...
That's different ... bobo did it !!!
:lol:

Mac
First Sergeant

#125 Post by Mac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm

nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Well it is certainly against international law, I doubt we will be invading Iran anytime soon.
What a waste...

nero
Sergeant Major

#126 Post by nero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm
nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Well it is certainly against international law, I doubt we will be invading Iran anytime soon.
Perhaps a regime change, a coup would be more practicable. ;)

Audaces fortuna iuvat
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#127 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm

What the Hell? I think they moved the SAM operator to crowd control duty.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Mac
First Sergeant

#128 Post by Mac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 pm

nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm
Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Audaces fortuna iuvat
We tried that before, it didn't work out in the long run did it?

What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#129 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:17 pm

The Iranians did NOT purposely miss their target with the air base attack. There are 4 huge craters at the air base. They did the best they could. Maybe some were intercepted, perhaps mechanical malfunctions. 15-20% hitting the target is not very good but the warheads must be beasts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tion-small
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

nero
Sergeant Major

#130 Post by nero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 pm
nero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Audaces fortuna iuvat
We tried that before, it didn't work out in the long run did it?

The same thing with Afghanistan.

This fucking crazy. And I hate it. :twisted:

But what is the cause of this development? :roll:

There has to be causes, reasons for the development. Not blaming anyone, but trying to understand.

The older I grow, the more fucked up the world is.

Mea culpa, sorry.