maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: London Bridge Incident
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:

The terror attack near London Bridge Friday was carried out by a 28-year-old man named Usman Khan. Khan had been part of a plot to attack the London Stock Exchange back in 2010. He was convicted and given a 16-year sentence of which he eventually served 8 years. While in prison, Khan claimed he wanted to deradicalize and began working with a rehabilitation group called Learning Together. Since his release in December 2018, he has been treated as a success story by the group and even appeared on their website:

Learning Together, a Cambridge University programme, worked with Usman Khan in prison and after his release and used him as a case study to show how they helped prisoners.

Khan even wrote a poem and a thank-you note to organisers after they provided him with a computer he could use without breaching a licence that banned him from going online.

Just months later the 28-year-old used his connection to the rehabilitation initiative to get permission to travel to London and kill two of those people who were trying to help him.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... ilitation/

The rest of the article is at the above link.

:roll:
Some success story.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19175
Did the US ever declare war in the Vietnam War? I assume not. Even though the US was fighting NVA forces.

That's the problem really. We need to get a bit more 19th century. Take wars a lot more seriously, and define enemies of the state accordingly. You can't do someone for treason if you don't define who the enemies are.

They do pussyfoot around with 'proscribed organisations' and the like.

I guess the reason for all the pussyfooting is the Cold War backdrop of things like Vietnam. But there ain't no MAD when it comes to jihadis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Quote:
... id the US ever declare war in the Vietnam War? ...

Nope, not per the Constitution ... not since WW2.

Unfortunately, the residents have been more than willing to play with their toy boats, planes and soldiers ... with only "resolutions" and such to support them ... I blame the residents ... they should REQUIRE a declaration of WAH, using those words and citing the relevant section of the constitution ... otherwise ... the troops should stay home.

So, I agree with you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Quote:

The terror attack near London Bridge Friday was carried out by a 28-year-old man named Usman Khan. Khan had been part of a plot to attack the London Stock Exchange back in 2010. He was convicted and given a 16-year sentence of which he eventually served 8 years. While in prison, Khan claimed he wanted to deradicalize and began working with a rehabilitation group called Learning Together. Since his release in December 2018, he has been treated as a success story by the group and even appeared on their website:

Learning Together, a Cambridge University programme, worked with Usman Khan in prison and after his release and used him as a case study to show how they helped prisoners.

Khan even wrote a poem and a thank-you note to organisers after they provided him with a computer he could use without breaching a licence that banned him from going online.

Just months later the 28-year-old used his connection to the rehabilitation initiative to get permission to travel to London and kill two of those people who were trying to help him.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... ilitation/

The rest of the article is at the above link.

:roll:
Some success story.

Jihadi playbook, page 12, "It is permitted to lie to the kuffir in order to further the advancement of the umma and then to smite them down with a glorious blow when the brothers are stronger. PBUH!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 am 
Sergeant Major

It's not like the Saudis and UAE did not try this "deradicalization" crap already. Many went right back the front lines when they were "cured"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:43 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 7602
Hard not to giggle.... It's the perfect reality check for these totalitarian rainbow idiots. They actually believe all we need is love..... If we all just loved each other..... They undoubtedly treated this guy like he had some sort of mental disorder.... I'm guessing that might have offended him... ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am 
Sergeant Major

That's a good point. After all, his victims were part of the deradicalization effort. I have a feeling Mr Unibrow did not appreciate being told what to do by women. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 7602
It's the same group of idiots that will tell you the way to fix the homeless problem is to provide "low cost housing".... They actually believe if you give a wino, kook or junkie a cheap place to live they'll cease being non-functional human beings.... Instead of just hiding what they do better.... I'm guessing all their program did was teach a few dust devils how to game the system and lie better...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1200 ... t-n2557297

London Bridge on Friday, refuted claims in a 2008 BBC interview that he was a terrorist following a raid on his home by anti-terror police https://reut.rs/2qZedok

[video at above linked tweet]

London Bridge attacker interview from 2008

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18812
EUBanana wrote:
Did the US ever declare war in the Vietnam War? I assume not. Even though the US was fighting NVA forces.

That's the problem really. We need to get a bit more 19th century. Take wars a lot more seriously, and define enemies of the state accordingly. You can't do someone for treason if you don't define who the enemies are.

They do pussyfoot around with 'proscribed organisations' and the like.

I guess the reason for all the pussyfooting is the Cold War backdrop of things like Vietnam. But there ain't no MAD when it comes to jihadis.

I think the pussyfooting is a result of an excessive concern with NOT being ethnocentric. Even from the very earliest days of the Nazi movement, no one was concerned about being ethnocentric against Nazism. That is the big difference. Today, if an authoritarian, dehumanizing, cruel, unjust and evil movement or group simply associates itself with something that is arguably a legitimate cultural tradition, it can insulate itself from a lot of explicit criticism and this has tended to impair rational and incisive dialogue about it. It STILL is not okay to discuss how ISLAM is the source of Islamic supremacist violence.
Imagine if those false imperatives to be sensitive and tolerant had been applied in 1939 when the Nazis claimed the Poles had started a war . . .
Imagine if those same sort of false imperatives had been applied in 1861 when the Slavers claimed that the abolitionists were about to start a war . . .

Based on what I know, if we go back to these watershed periods, and examine historical records immediately preceding them, we CAN in fact find precisely those types of arguments being made by the evildoers. The Nazis argued quite vociferously that THEY represented the just manifestation of Sonderweg and the rightful ascendancy of Germanism to its place of equality else dominance relative to the Frank and Anglo-Saxon traditions. Same thing for the Confederates. Their scholars argued eloquently that their way of life was precious, holy and proper and that it was in fact the PROPER path for all of America to be following, keeping the darkies protected from their own insufficiencies.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9