One other take on the little big man.

Trump of soccer. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Of GOATS and sports
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
It is a pity that Pamak is no more on board. He would have interesting angles on goats. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Of GOATS and sports
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:50 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 10152
I like little kid sports, but the pros... forget it. Haven't watched them in years/decades. My father was a big NFL sports fan but it became increasingly evident that pro-sports was just another form of Hollywood and walked away from that.

When I was young, boxing was my favorite sport. My favorite all time sports figure was Muhammad Ali. I started following him after his release from jail for refusing to join the armed forces. His fights against Frazier and Foreman are unforgettable. My father hated him.

Actually had a chance to meet him once when I was into taekwondo and the head dude was opening a new Dojo with a professional ring for pro matches. I was a black belt at the time and part time instructor and when he showed up he said howdy to everyone and then went over and started playing around with all the kids of the families there. He loved the kids. I remember thinking that he wasn't as big as I thought...

Also had a chance to meet Chuck Norris when I picked up 3rd place in one of his tournaments.

Almost had a pro taekwondo full contact career, but the money wasn't the greatest and I decided college was a better gig.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail