French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex

#1 Post by Mac » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am

Guy dies of a heart attack while cheating on his wife during a business trip, employers have to pay compensation to his family...
A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "just like as taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex

#2 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Mac wrote:Guy dies of a heart attack while cheating on his wife during a business trip, employers have to pay compensation to his family...
A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "just like as taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134
I’ve seen article over this incident before (seeing that it happened in 2013).
I would have hoped that the courts would have some sense here...but.....it is France.
From what I understand, having affairs in France are like having coffee in the morning...it’s an accepted thing.

I used to work with a women (an American) who spent a summer when she was in college working as an au pair in France. She was working for a family (married husband & wife with 2 kids). She was with the family one day when the husband introduced her to his mistress.....he made that introduction right in front of his wife and kids and they didn’t even blink....like it was a normal thing.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

Re: French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex

#3 Post by jack t ripper » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm

:lol:
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome