maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Guy dies of a heart attack while cheating on his wife during a business trip, employers have to pay compensation to his family...

Quote:
A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "just like as taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Mac wrote:
Guy dies of a heart attack while cheating on his wife during a business trip, employers have to pay compensation to his family...

Quote:
A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "just like as taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134

I’ve seen article over this incident before (seeing that it happened in 2013).
I would have hoped that the courts would have some sense here...but.....it is France.
From what I understand, having affairs in France are like having coffee in the morning...it’s an accepted thing.

I used to work with a women (an American) who spent a summer when she was in college working as an au pair in France. She was working for a family (married husband & wife with 2 kids). She was with the family one day when the husband introduced her to his mistress.....he made that introduction right in front of his wife and kids and they didn’t even blink....like it was a normal thing.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: French Company Liable After Employee Dies During Sex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
:lol:

Profile E-mail