maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airplanes Did 9/11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Earlier today the New York Times put out this tweet claiming that 9/11 was solely the fault of airplanes and cutting the death toll by about 1000....

Attachment:
1568204673061.jpg
1568204673061.jpg [ 80.86 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

After a backlash they have deleted the post and added this one...

Attachment:
1568206056805.png
1568206056805.png [ 1.33 MiB | Viewed 67 times ]

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1171755128191442946

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Airplanes Did 9/11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
What, is Omar the Tent Maker working for them now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 am 
Sergeant Major

That is such a strained grammatical construction one can only assume the writer thinks it was an aviation accident.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:23 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Except the "airplanes took aim" ... so that makes it sound like the airplanes did it on purpose ... NOT an accident !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Yes...maybe the autopilots became self-aware and suffered from depression?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Earlier today the New York Times put out this tweet claiming that 9/11 was solely the fault of airplanes and cutting the death toll by about 1000....

Attachment:
1568204673061.jpg

After a backlash they have deleted the post and added this one...

Attachment:
1568206056805.png

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1171755128191442946

The Muslim apologists do not shy from things even on a day such as 9/11.
:(

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Ah, I got it ... "some airplanes did something" !!!

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Ah, I got it ... "some airplanes did something" !!!

:lol:

Yeah...a reference to the prior comments by the Congresswoman representing Somalia.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

From a post at Ace of Spades HQ:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/383196.php

Quote:
September 11, 2019

Mid-Morning Art Thread [Kris]

Quote:
Kris suggested this work as a subject, and while I was originally hesitant, I realized that it is a fine way of recognizing the solemnity of the day in a very human way.
Please respect the intent of the Art Thread and try to refrain from veering into pure politics and anger.
-- CBD

The Falling Man
Richard Drew

This is one of the great photographs in the history of the medium. Its power is in the simplicity of the work and the context in which it was taken. When I view this work, I am horrified, shamed, and thankful all at once. The scores of people that this work represents deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the heroes of Flight 93. Yet this work was happenstance. The photographer, like many others, just clicked away at a random jumper just to document the events of That Day.

My 9/11 story is unexceptional. I happened to be watching the morning CBS broadcast that morning and watched the whole thing unfold live from my couch 400 miles away. I know no one who died nor anyone who went to help in the days after, but I cannot think about it without crying. What the people on the planes and in the buildings went through, I cannot imagine. May we never see anything like that again.

The photograph is very minimalist, dominated by the gray vertical lines. The lines aren’t totally vertical, however. They have a barely noticeable lean to the right. Because we read left to right in the West, a right-leaning line can invoke action or movement. So this frozen moment in time still has energy. At the vertical center, the tone of the lines lighten. This is simply the edge of one building overlapping the other behind it. Thinner, lighter lines intersect the vertical lines at a shallow angle. These are the construction joints in the steel wall but they act as visual breaks to the eye. The eye wants to zoom up and down those verticals, but the horizontals act as speedbumps to slow it down. To take it all in.

In the center, just above the absolute middle of the work is the Man. His pose is simple. He is upside-down with a vertical axis parallel to the wall. He seems calm, but the inverted pose tells the viewer that something is very seriously not right. Inverting the human figure like this is the ultimate unbalancing act for the viewer. The body’s placement above center opens up the space below him. The space below him is twice as large as the space above him. This give the sense that this is a long fall. Because we can’t see any bottom, because the vertical lines continue uninterrupted off the picture frame, the fall looks endless. He seems to fall forever. Some scholars have said that the clothes the man is wearing look like the uniform of the restaurant workers at the very top of the tower. If true, that’s a fall of 1300 feet—about a 10 second drop. Eternity.

I don’t think the jumpers have been overlooked, but I do think they have been mis-catagorized. I think they are heroes. The people in the buildings were being slowly murdered. Some escaped but those above the impact zones were trapped. Death was certain. Some stole back their lives and chose for themselves how they would die. Some went alone, like Falling Man, others held the hands of the fearful, gave them courage, and jumped together. Two-hundred people refused to be murdered and courageously stepped into the void.

I am horrified that he was put into a situation that demanded that choice and I am ashamed because I think I would be too cowardly to follow his example. I am thankful to him, too, for denying evil another prize.

digg this
posted by CBD at 09:30 AM

Some very powerful words by Richard Drew.

While I knew that multiple people had jumped, I never knew that there were 200 people who chose to do so.
:(

I recall watching a documentary on the firefighters on 9/11.
There was a scene where some of the fire chiefs were standing in what appeared to be in one of the lobbies (of either one of the Towers before it collapsed or a building next door).
As they were standing there discussing what to do next, issuing orders, etc. you could hear the occasional *THUMP...THUMP......THUMP* noise in the background. It was then explained that each of those *THUMPS* was the sound of a body hitting the roof of the awning which covered the walking/driveup area immediately outside the lobby that they were in. I remember that when I heard that I shuddered at hearing that. the realization that each of those *THUMPS* was the end of a life...of someone who made the horrible decision that they would rather jump hundreds (or a thousand feet) to their death than to be burnt alive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
The real tragedy is that, 18 years later, despite all the blood and treasure expended, the possibility of yet another 9/11 scale attack by an Islamic Supremacist faction stands just as serious today as it ever did.

Profile E-mail