maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Arctic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16928
The ad hominems were started by you, haemhorroid.

It is abundantly clear to everyone that the evidence has been placed in front of you many times. No one has the patience to correct you or keep reposting that forever, eternally. Demanding to see it yet again.. your tactic... is that of a petulant child.

Likewise, your assessment of anyone's scientific abilities tends to be predictably wrong. I have to think based on your conduct, that you either never were a very able scientist (hence the career fail in your doctoral profession), or else you continue to be so profoundly bitter about being rejected as a scientist, that you have pitched your camp on the only psychological ground that feels safe for you; specifically, to feel as though you are special you just insist that everyone else is wrong.

At the end of the day, believe what you will. The scientific world has come to conclusions that you religiously refuse to accept. That's ok. Science doesn't need you. No one anywhere is holding their breath waiting for your magnum opus on global warming.

Carry on now.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:06 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
https://maritimebulletin.net/2019/09/04 ... evacuated/

Ship with Climate Change Warriors caught in ice, Warriors evacuated

Erofey SchkvarkinNewsSeptember 4, 2019 4:09 am

Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago, halfway between Norway and North Pole.

The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice. All 16 Climate Change warriors were evacuated by helicopter in challenging conditions, all are safe. 7 crew remains on board, waiting for Coast Guard ship assistance.

Something is very wrong with Arctic ice, instead of melting as ordered by UN/IPCC, it captured the ship with Climate Change Warriors.

Arctic Tours ship MS MALMO, IMO 8667579, dwt 466, built 1943, refurbished in 2014, flag Sweden.

I’m not saying that the planet might not be warming...but perhaps Mother Nature is playing a prank to make someone look bad. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
mdiehl wrote:
The ad hominems were started by you, haemhorroid.

It is abundantly clear to everyone that the evidence has been placed in front of you many times. No one has the patience to correct you or keep reposting that forever, eternally. Demanding to see it yet again.. your tactic... is that of a petulant child.

Likewise, your assessment of anyone's scientific abilities tends to be predictably wrong. I have to think based on your conduct, that you either never were a very able scientist (hence the career fail in your doctoral profession), or else you continue to be so profoundly bitter about being rejected as a scientist, that you have pitched your camp on the only psychological ground that feels safe for you; specifically, to feel as though you are special you just insist that everyone else is wrong.

At the end of the day, believe what you will. The scientific world has come to conclusions that you religiously refuse to accept. That's ok. Science doesn't need you. No one anywhere is holding their breath waiting for your magnum opus on global warming.

Carry on now.

You're pathetic :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6044
Anthropoid wrote:
Beyond that, there is no point in engaging in the dialogue because you are impervious to any alternative perspectives. The decision is final and you are not changing you're not budging one millimeter. In sum, you have unshakeable faith in the tale. THAT is not a scientific approach, it is a religious approach.

mdiehl wrote:
The scientific world has come to conclusions that you religiously refuse to accept.

Heh, religion... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yeah I get that. Thing is, how else do you describe the pov of a guy who thinks hundreds of highly published atmospheric and oceanic scientists are wrong because he feels they must be part of some conspiracy? That's faith based logic akin to creationism.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 9902
Lava wrote:
I'll believe that when folks are clambering for nuclear power.

If accepting "settled science" means endorsing shit like this... I prefer to be a skeptic.

This is not a sane response.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Lava wrote:
mdiehl wrote:
Global warming is an established fact

Fantastic post. Can't upvote it.

I don't think mdielio is invested in nuclear power. Based on his posts, reckon he's bet the farm on wind and solar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Lava wrote:

Fantastic post. Can't upvote it.

I don't think mdielio is invested in nuclear power. Based on his posts, reckon he's bet the farm on wind and solar.

I got him for you.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
Lava wrote:
If accepting "settled science" means endorsing shit like this... I prefer to be a skeptic.

What do you do when you don't like the weather? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

The science is essentially settled. The leftist claptrap is policy politics, not science.

No use for nukes until someone figures out how to get rid of the spent fuel rods. Until then, solar, wind, natural gas, a combination of tricks hydro.. geotherm that gets the job done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next