maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fit hits the Shan in Honkey Fidd
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Yes, commercial satellite

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hong-kong ... -satellite

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
chijohnaok wrote:
LaPalice wrote:
Many protesters in the yellow vest movement had their eyes burst by the French police, which uses non-lethal rounds in the face. Apparently the French and the Chinese use the same tactics and weapons.

I can’t remember seeing any/many similar photos .

I guess American cops are lagging behind France and China in the “shot their eye out” form of riot control.

That says the level of democracy in France when China uses the same methods to counter protests. More hypocrisy when a guy like Macron claims to give lessons of democracy to other countries.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
God damn I would LOVE To see Xi Jinping hanging from a pole . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Hong Kong authorities are threatening protesters with LIFE in prison for disrupting air travel. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Attachment:
HK DTOM.jpg
HK DTOM.jpg [ 203.12 KiB | Viewed 79 times ]

Saw this on Michael Yon's Facebook feed.

8-)

Hmmmmm....remind you of anything?

Yet another sign that alt right/white supremacists have taken over Hong Kong?

Looks to me as if some Hong Kongers have been studying US History.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 am 
Sergeant Major

8-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 am 
Sergeant Major

https://news.usni.org/2019/08/13/two-u- ... FHJUREeabo

Quote:
Two U.S. Warships, Marines Denied Port Visits to Hong Kong Amidst Protests

By: Sam LaGrone
August 13, 2019 5:00 PM • Updated: August 13, 2019 11:29 PM

USS Green Bay (LPD-20) and USS Lake Erie (CG-70)

THE PENTAGON – Chinese officials are denying two U.S. warships port visits to Hong Kong amidst ongoing protests against the government in Beijing.

USS Green Bay (LPD-20) and USS Lake Erie (CG-70) were denied requests to visit Hong Kong, U.S. Pacific Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Nate Christensen told USNI News on Tuesday.

“The U.S. Navy has a long track record of successful port visits to Hong Kong, and we expect them to continue,” he said. “We refer you to the Chinese government for further information about why they denied the request.”

Green Bay is part of the Wasp Amphibious Ready Group and is embarked with about 700 Marines from the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit based in Okinawa, Japan. The ARG had recently completed the Talisman Sabre exercise off of Australia. Lake Erie is a guided-missile cruiser based in San Diego, Calif.

The denial comes as anti-government protests have raged in the semi-autonomous region since early June. In the last two days, protestors have occupied Hong Kong’s airport and Chinese special police have been massed along the border with Shenzhen, according to reports.

Chinese foreign ministry officials have accused the U.S. government in general and CIA specifically of encouraging the protests in Hong Kong.

On Tuesday, President Trump denied involvement.

“Many are blaming me, and the United States, for the problems going on in Hong Kong. I can’t imagine why?” Trump tweeted Tuesday, according to Politico. “Our Intelligence has informed us that the Chinese Government is moving troops to the Border with Hong Kong. Everyone should be calm and safe!”

Beijing has had a history of canceling port visits at times of high tension with the U.S. government.

In October, Chinese officials denied USS Wasp (LHD-1) entrance into the port as Washington and Beijing were embroiled in a conflict over trade and arms deals with Russia.

“The Chinese side reviews and approves such request in accordance with the principle of sovereignty and specific situation on a case-by-case basis,” officials said at the time.

The statement was the same language the Chinese used in 2016 when carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) was denied a port visit after the U.S. made a show of force in the South China Sea that included a visit from then-Secretary of Defense Ash Carter.

After two U.S. Air Force B-52 bombers ignored Chinese imposed requirements of an Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) over the East China Sea in 2014, China denied Hong Kong visit to guided-missile destroyer USS Halsey (DDG-97),

In 2007, the Chinese denied two U.S. Avenger class mine countermeasure ships sheltered waters and fuel in the face of an upcoming storm and turned away the Kitty Hawk Carrier Strike Group after an arms deal with Taiwan and after then-President George W. Bush presented the Tibetan exile Dalai Lama the Congressional Gold Medal.

That same year Beijing denied an Air Force flight to resupply the U.S. Embassy in Hong Kong and a planned port visit of the Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate USS Reuben James (FFG-57) was canceled.

Having 2 US Naval ships sitting in the harbor of Hong Kong would be a message.
And based on China's past history, it is no surprise that they denied the request.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:57 am 
First Sergeant

Looks like they are on the move...

Attachment:
1565881731580.jpg
1565881731580.jpg [ 480.08 KiB | Viewed 70 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
Mac wrote:
Looks like they are on the move...

Dang, first I thought that the picture is from Dover Hard Brexit exercise. :shock:

But then not enough chaos.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Turns out it's the Chinese People's Armed Police (PAP). It's an offshoot of the Red Army designed to crush internal dissent. I have a feeling if they go in they go in with live rounds.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next