Impeachment Watch

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

Re: Impeachment Watch

#1531 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 pm

No Stone thread. The political water-boarding of Roger Stone is simply revenge for the failure of the Russia-collusion fantasy.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1532 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Only thing that comes through loud and clear to me is: Stone was a dumbass who made his own problems much worse with his arrogance and flagrance. He was found guilty of various crimes, though it is not entirely clear IF the evidence for those crimes was in fact legitimate. It seems that some of his crimes are "technicality crimes" that occurred primarily because he was effectively entrapped and didn't have the sense to just shut his trap, keep his mouth shut, close his cake hole and stop making his situation worse by either pleading the fifth or having counsel answer on his behalf. Seems that the poor General who got sucked in, Flynn(?) made a similar mistake in this regard. Whoever you, whatever happens, whenver, where ever: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! speak freely with police (short of the bare minimum of answers necessary to cooperate during a routine traffic stop) or other legal investigators. It is ALWAYS foolish to do so, it doesn't matter what the context is; if you are not REQUIRED by law to speak, then you should not speak in any legal proceeding because what you say CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU.

At best Stone (and Flynn too) seemed to have been guilty of naively or arrogantly failing to enact this core principle of surviving in the Beltway and given Stone is a ~45 or 50 year veteran of the Beltway you'd think he'd have this sort of thing figured out.

I cannot say I'm much sussed about him getting sent up the river. The question of "double standards" is a separate issue in my mind; it does seem--at least superficially--to be a real thing, but that doesn't mean it actually IS a real thing. If it IS a real thing then I blame the Republican Party first and foremost and proclaim that if it is to be changed then it is primarily up to them. Ostensibly that is the whole POINT of their being a "Republican Party" to prevent that sort of double standard from becoming a norm.

Trump should NOT stick his neck out for anyone at this stage. He needs to get re-elected and at that point I hope he goes full automatic on every issue that is left outstanding: Pardon's for all Red Team members who may have been even slightly wronged, Federal cases against EVERY State with even a minor infringement on any citizens Civil Rights (2nd Amendment or otherwise), Federal cases against every "Sanctuary" polity in the nation, Wall Completion into overdrive, draw down on U.S. overseas risk taking and money wasting accelerated to whatever the reasonable rate really is, Trade Wars amplified to coup de grace intensity, etc., etc.

He (Trump) has done a lot of good and has lived up to his Campaign Promises to an extent I think is unmatched in the last 100 years. Nonetheless, I think there is a lot more he can do once he is into his second term and the Kid Gloves can come off. I would LOVE to see Biden and Hillary in Orange jump suits by 2023 and maybe even Mocha Jesus??

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1533 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm

The forewoman on the Stone jury is a partisan, Trump-hating activists who clearly views all Trump supporters as "racist". She ran for Congress as a Dem.

She deliberately lied about this in the jury selection phase AND she is too stupid to keep her mouth shut. Stone has a very strong case for a mistrial.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tion-small
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1534 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 pm

jack t ripper wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm
The forewoman on the Stone jury is a partisan, Trump-hating activists who clearly views all Trump supporters as "racist". She ran for Congress as a Dem.

She deliberately lied about this in the jury selection phase AND she is too stupid to keep her mouth shut. Stone has a very strong case for a mistrial.

Definitely! My point is: Trump does not need to be involved in it. Let the Justice Department handle it. If when it is all said and done and after he is re-elected in November 2020 Trump feels like he should pardon EVERYONE who has fallen afoul of the law as a result of the whole "Get Trump" movement, I would not blame him one bit for doing that (pardoning them all) at that point in time.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1535 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 pm

jack t ripper wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm

There are a couple of things that the judge instructs the jury once the jurors are selected (and I am going by memory here)
—-don’t lie about anything, any questions on the juror form that you fill out or to any questions asked of you during the selection process
—- don’t watch, read or listen to any news or media article that has ANYTHING at all to do with the case being tried
—-don’t read or post anything to social media that has ANYTHING to do with the trial
—- during the trial, you cannot discuss ANYTHING that you hear with anyone else (your family, your loved ones, etc). You a re not even supposed to discuss the case with other jurors during the trial. This includes the time when you are sitting in the jury room during breaks, during lunch, while you are sitting in that room every day before and after court)
—-you CANNOT do any of your own research during the trial. The only facts that you are to base your decision on are to those facts that are presented during the case. To do otherwise potentially impacts the accused’s right to a fair trial.

This woman, this juror, may have lied on her form, and was clearly reading and posting to social media about things or people that were involved or connected to the trial and doing so during the trial
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Gump
Staff Sergeant

#1536 Post by Gump » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Actually it's an even bigger problem for prosecutors. Often defense attorneys will knowingly allow a red herring on a jury.... because it's an immediate mistrial if they lose....

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1537 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 pm

I don't know what Trump is doing here.

Is he just angry at the 3 years of Hell the Dems have put him and his associates through?

Sympathy for Stone?

Is he just yanking the Dems chains for the pure joy of it?

Or is this more 4 d chess? :-)

Gump
Staff Sergeant

#1538 Post by Gump » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 pm

It’s 1D chess. He knows that they’ve predicted he’ll now start bombing California or whatever they said he’d abuse next. So he knowingly appears to meddle in something that he knows he hasn’t meddled in. So there is no evidence....
And presto the dems blow a cork then fail again.

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1539 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 pm

One thing I have learned is to not underestimate the strategic level of planning in this WH. Anything that makes it obvious that Trump and his associates have been wronged is a strong rallying point for his supporters.

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1540 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Gump wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 pm
It’s 1D chess. He knows that they’ve predicted he’ll now start bombing California or whatever they said he’d abuse next. So he knowingly appears to meddle in something that he knows he hasn’t meddled in. So there is no evidence....
And presto the dems blow a cork then fail again.
Yes, he has used that trick over an over and somehow it keeps working. :lol: