Impeachment Watch

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

Re: Impeachment Watch

#1271 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 am

Based on what we know about the "evidence" that has been assembled for the "offenses," it does seem exceedingly unlikely that many or even any Republicans will vote to convict. I think there will even be some Democrats who avoid voting to convict by one means or another.

We shall see!

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1272 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/statu ... -theory%2F
Pelosi tweet accept election results.jpg
Pelosi tweet accept election results.jpg (113.83 KiB) Viewed 78 times

Notice the date of Pelosi's tweet.

Take your own advice and accept the 2016 election results Nancy!
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1273 Post by jack t ripper » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 am

NPR had a story on the vulnerability of the Dem smart phone app they are using for the Iowa caucuses.

Seems like the insiders are trying to undermine Bernie again.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1274 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:25 am

jack t ripper wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 am
NPR had a story on the vulnerability of the Dem smart phone app they are using for the Iowa caucuses.

Seems like the insiders are trying to undermine Bernie again.
I had not heard about a Dem smartphone app for the Iowa caucuses.
I wonder if the security protocols for that are more, or less stringent than having a photo ID required for voter registration and for casting a vote?

I wonder if the caucusing results come under any question at all for Russian/foreign interference whether Trump will be blamed for that?

Trump and the federal government should NOT come under any scrutiny/potential blame for that, particularly given the following:
Unlike many states in which local and state officials oversee the presidential primary election, in Iowa the state party is responsible for administering, staffing and funding the caucuses, relying primarily on trained but unpaid volunteers.
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/14/79590673 ... tphone-app

It's not like the Democrat Party can plead ignorance to the potential threat here...not after Dems have been crowing for the last 3 1/2 years about Russian hacking of the Clinton/Democrat party email server.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Mac
First Sergeant

#1275 Post by Mac » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:23 pm

1579105183769.jpg
1579105183769.jpg (79.03 KiB) Viewed 58 times
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Dinosaur
PFC

#1276 Post by Dinosaur » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:57 pm

It sounds like de muc rats sent de articles of inpeechmint to the senate ... so the "trial" can now begin. Wonder why they waited so long ? Wonder why they didn't wait longer ? Who knows !!?? :D

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

#1277 Post by mdiehl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:18 pm

I wonder how SanFranNan could be so stupid as to think the Senate Majority Leader -- ANY Senate Majority Leader Ever -- would give ten seconds of attention to a House Majority Leader's demand to allow the House Majority to set the rules for how the Senate conducts business.

If I were a democratic party Sen Majority Leader NOW, TODAY, I'd have told Pelosi "The Senate is independent of the House; fuck you very much."
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane
"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1278 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Dinosaur wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:57 pm
It sounds like de muc rats sent de articles of inpeechmint to the senate ... so the "trial" can now begin. Wonder why they waited so long ? Wonder why they didn't wait longer ? Who knows !!?? :D
Pelosi strikes me as a sort of 'mainstream' Democrat. (not centrist by any means but least crazy).
She tolerates AOC and her crew because they have a large social media presence with the "Young" Democrats and she cannot afford to alienate that wing, particularly since it looks like the white blue color bloc of the Dem party started to shift to Trump and the GOP in 2016, and I see no signs of that reversing.

That said, Nancy realizes that if one of the more leftist Democrat presidential nominees (like Sanders or Warren) were to win the nomination for President, it would do significant damage to the rest of the Democrat ticket come November. Biden is more of a "centrist" and is NOT a US Senator, so he can continue campaigning during an impeachment trial. The timing of Pelosi sending the article now has the most impact on the Democrat Senators running for President (chiefly among those Sanders and Warren).

Dinosaur
PFC

#1279 Post by Dinosaur » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm

... Pelosi strikes me as a sort of 'mainstream' Democrat ...
Pee Low sea strikes me as a power grabbing statist who just fantasizes about feeding frenzies of power and money ... like most of de muc rats ...

AngryOldMan
Staff Sergeant

#1280 Post by AngryOldMan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 pm

My favorite is hearing all the House Dems say they want a FAIR hearing. Really? Really????

After 3 years of manufacturing fake evidence while destroying real evidence, not allowing witnesses to even appear and refusing to allow the accused to call his own witnesses? Their audacity never ceases to amaze me. They only get away with it because of the backing of the compliant media which will haul in some Marxist Harvard Professor to make up laws out of whole cloth to justify what they are doing or simply ignoring it or attacking the people who bring it up.

I hope the Senate has the balls to call the Biden gang to testify.
---------------------------------
If those who can do, and those who can't teach, what does that say about a sex education teacher?