maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Donald Trump Gaffe Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
<face palm> He was joking, you retard.

Can you not take a class on understanding jokes? Maybe some ABA therapy?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
jack t ripper wrote:
<face palm> He was joking, you retard.

Can you not take a class on understanding jokes? Maybe some ABA therapy?

No, he was not joking; he was lying. And still is.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

He was bragging about all his golf courses and explaining how hard he was probably going to have to work. It's a joke. The crowd got the joke. You didn't.

The call for the Russians to find Hillary's emails...THAT is a joke too. Look, you just have to take help when you need it amigo. Would you argue about your computer with Alan Turing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I will not be angry with a guy playing a few rounds of golf when he produces the lowest unemployment rates in nearly 5 decades. I suspect that many Americans would agree with me.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:01 am 
Sergeant Major

What can you say? :roll:

Rebecca Ballhaus and Gordon Lubold wrote:
White House Wanted USS John McCain ‘Out of Sight’ During Trump Japan Visit

U.S. military officials worked to ensure President Trump wouldn’t see the warship that bears the name of the late senator, a frequent target of the president’s ire

The White House wanted the U.S. Navy to move “out of sight” the warship USS John S. McCain ahead of President Trump’s visit to Japan, according to an email reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The ship was named after the father and grandfather of the late senator—a war hero who became a frequent target of Mr. Trump’s ire—and the senator’s name was added to the ship in 2018.
Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan was aware of the concern about the presence of the USS John McCain in Japan and approved measures to ensure it didn’t interfere with the president’s visit, a U.S. official said.

There were discussions within the U.S. military over the past week about how to handle the warship, another U.S. official said. The ship is being repaired after a 2017 collision, and any ship undergoing such repair or maintenance would be difficult to move, officials said. A tarp was hung over the ship’s name ahead of the president’s trip, according to photos reviewed by the Journal, and sailors were directed to remove any coverings from the ship that bore its name. After the tarp was taken down, a barge was moved closer to the ship, obscuring its name. Sailors on the ship, who typically wear caps bearing its name, were given the day off during Mr. Trump’s visit, people familiar with the matter said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I would imagine the the name of this ship would already be covered up and the crew not wanting to wear identifying information on their uniform....out of sheer embarrasment.

I mean how would you feel after you collided a $1.8 billion US Navy ship into a slow moving freighter?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:16 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
I would imagine the the name of this ship would already be covered up and the crew not wanting to wear identifying information on their uniform....out of sheer embarrasment.

I mean how would you feel after you collided a $1.8 billion US Navy ship into a slow moving freighter?

Nah, it was preemptive temper tantrum management, PTTM. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 am 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:32 am 
Sergeant Major

Ultimately, it is true. Tariffs increase the cost to the consumer. In the short run, however, the cost may be absorbed by the producer or the wholesaler or the retailer if market forces require it.

Bogus asylum claims from Guatemalans and Hondurans and even Nigerians are coming through at the rate of 1000 a DAY. It's freaking the end of May and there is an influenza outbreak among asylum seekers and the Border Patrol is not even patrolling large sections of the border because they are trying to make rescues in the flooded Rio Grande and drive sick asylum seekers to hospitals. Mexico has abdicated at her southern border (or worse probably cooperating with smugglers). Something needs to be done. It is freaking chaos. This is a shot across the bow for Mexico.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:42 am 
Sergeant Major

More Trump fun...

James Carlyle wrote:
President Trump orders Navy to scuttle USS John S. McCain

TOKYO—President Donald Trump has ordered that the crew of the USS John S. McCain (DDG-56) to scuttle the ship. The order, relayed through acting Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, sent shock waves through the Navy. When carried out, it will be the first active U.S. Navy vessel scuttled since World War II.

“I like ships that don’t get hit by freighters” Mr. Trump told Vice Adm. Phillip G. Sawyer, commander of Seventh Fleet. “You know, 354 ships should be good. I don’t know why everyone is talking about 355 ships. They’ll be the best ships, anyway believe me.”

Unable to take the ship out to sea and scuttle it on such short notice, the McCain’s captain, Cdr. Micah Murphy, ordered the ship hidden from Mr. Trump during his visit. Murphy ordered the crew to place a large tarp covering the name on the stern, hoping that the Commander-in-Chief would not notice the presence of the 500-foot long vessel moored to the pier.

“If that doesn’t work, then maybe repaint the name to ‘Mohn J. ScCain,’’ Murphy reportedly told his crew. “Or maybe ‘Ohnjay cCainMay.’”

Trump told reporters, “I wouldn’t have crashed the ship if I was captain. I would have been a very good admiral, a very stable captain.”

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John M. Richardson is reportedly trying to save the ship without the president’s knowledge. He directed sailors to paint over the stern plate in the meantime. “We should have thought about this when it was in drydock last year,” Richardson reportedly told IndoPacCom Commander Adm. Phil Davidson. “I knew the president had a personal grievance against one of the ship’s namesakes, but I didn’t think he’d order us to sink a perfectly good ship.”

“You know what?” Richardson asked. “Fuck it. I’m about to retire. Save the ship. We’ll just cross the name out and call it the USS Trump for now.”

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next