maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Donald Trump Gaffe Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Probably women were in charge. :lol: Trump may have actually attended some Babe Ruth games. :lol:

Technically, this is not a Trump gaffe either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
So fun on Trump's business instincts.

Only he can lose so much money. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

He lost Deutsche Bank's money but somehow managed to live a high lifestyle. :lol:

Nero's job at the watch factory did not involve risk of capital loss so he doesn't understand the concept of capital loss carryovers.

Manhattan real estate took an epic bath during this time. EVERYONE who owned real estate in Manhattan took a bath. That is par for the course for real estate investors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Every other Friday Nero trudges through the snow and ice to the mailbox to get his pension check....and then smiles at the borderline 4 figure check and takes solace in his knowledge that he is a Master of the Universe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
He lost Deutsche Bank's money but somehow managed to live a high lifestyle. :lol:

Trump lost gazillions, American banks would not touch him even with a 20 feet pole. But still he buys golf courses around the world, with cash.

This should raise some questions. ;)

jack t ripper wrote:
Manhattan real estate took an epic bath during this time. EVERYONE who owned real estate in Manhattan took a bath. That is par for the course for real estate investors.

Not EVERYONE can have golden showers. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Every other Friday Nero trudges through the snow and ice to the mailbox to get his pension check....and then smiles at the borderline 4 figure check and takes solace in his knowledge that he is a Master of the Universe.

What is a check? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
he doesn't understand the concept of capital loss carryovers.

I agree w/ that. A lot of ppl don't understand that corporations do not pay 'income' tax. It's something they've never dealt w/, or even carefully thought about. And then they talk about it like they know wtf they're even talking about - and end up showing how ignorant they are.

Even what I'd consider mostly intelligent ppl here will discuss corporations paying "only 7%" or whatever. Corporate tax on net profit is 35%.

If a small bidness loses 300k beans in one year. It may take a decade to recover from that to start showing a net profit.

There is an astonishing, flabbergasting, economically outrageous amount of ignorance on display by some posters here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
Welcoming Representative Steve Scalise back to Capitol Hill, after a shooting left him hospitalized for months:
Quote:
“Hell of a way to lose weight!”

Signing the Book of Remembrance at Israel’s Holocaust memorial:
Quote:
“It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends — so amazing and will never forget!”

Addressing the Boy Scout jamboree:
Quote:
Following a meandering rant about real-estate developer William Levitt, Trump informed the children that Levitt once had a “big yacht” where he engaged in “interesting” activities. “I won’t go anymore than that because you’re Boy Scouts, so I’m not going to tell you what he did,” the president continued. “Should I tell you? Should I tell you?”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
Quote:
"I think I am, actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand." —"60 Minutes" interview, July 17, 2016

Quote:
"[Vladimir Putin] is not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down." —apparently unaware that Russia had already annexed Crimea in a 2014 intrusion into Ukraine that left thousands dead, July 31, 2016
:lol:

Quote:
"I'll tell you, it's Big Business. If there is one word to describe Atlantic City, it's Big Business. Or two words—Big Business."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Those are pretty funny. Never know if you can trust the people reporting it. A good example is the NYT reporting Trump took down a bust of MLK in the WH (not true)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next