maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Official Joe Biden Gaffe Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Inventory of (new) Joe Biden gaffes:

Joe says Maggie Thatcher called him to complain about Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden reportedly had to correct himself over the weekend after telling donors Margaret Thatcher is concerned about the United States under President Trump.

Thatcher, the former prime minister of Britain, died in 2013 – nearly two years before Trump launched his first campaign for president.

According to Bloomberg News, Biden eventually corrected himself, explaining to the donors he meant to say British Prime Minister Theresa May instead of Thatcher, blaming the mix-up on a “Freudian slip.”

How faith shaped Margaret Thatcher’s lifeVideo
Biden’s confusing comments came Saturday during a closed-door fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina. He listed Thatcher as one of 14 heads of state who he claimed have voiced concerns to him about Trump, the outlet reported.

May has been prime minister since 2016. Thatcher resigned as prime minister in 1990.

During his fundraiser swing in South Carolina, Biden also took a page out of Trump’s playbook on Saturday when asked if he had a nickname for the president. Biden reportedly said he didn’t want to get down in the mud with Trump, but if he had to choose a moniker for the current White House occupant it would be a “clown.”

“There’s so many nicknames I’m inclined to give this guy,” Biden said, according to Politico. “You can just start with clown.”

Fox News' Andrew O'Reilly contributed to this report.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Official Joe Biden Gaffe Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Wow, another one so soon.

This is more a lie than a gaffe. he "forgot" he scored 76 out of 85 in his law school class. :lol: Oh, sure.

Quote:
Vintage Biden clip resurfaces showing him falsely claiming he was in 'top half of my class' in law school
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Joe Biden receives flak for controversial comments about 'the hood'
A 1987 clip of Joe Biden has resurfaced, showing him exaggerating his academic record, boasting that he graduated “in the top half of my class” - before he later admitted that he graduated 76th in a class of 85.

The former vice president, who’s currently the leading 2020 presidential candidate, was running back then for the Democratic Party's nomination for president when he got combative and made the blunder amid questioning by a reporter about his academic credentials at the Syracuse University College of Law.

“I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do I suspect. I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship,” he told the reporter during a campaign stop in Claremont, New Hampshire.

“In the first year of the law school, I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class,” he continued. “And then I decided to stay, went back to law school, and in fact ended up in the top half of my class.”

“And then I decided to stay, went back to law school, and in fact ended up in the top half of my class.”

— Joe Biden
PENTAGON DISPUTES BIDEN'S ASSESSMENT OF CHINA, SAYS COUNTRY IS A 'STRATEGIC COMPETITOR'

He added that he was an “outstanding student in the political science department” and “graduated with three degrees from college.”

Shortly after making the claims, Biden had to come out with a confession that he lied about his academic record and actually graduated 76th in a class of 85.

“I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inaccurate,” he told the New York Times in a statement.

“I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inaccurate.”

— Joe Biden
“I graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science. My reference to degrees at the Claremont event was intended to refer to these majors - I said 'three' and should have said 'two,’” he added, though the newspaper points out that Biden actually received a single B.A. degree in history and political science.

During an interview with the Times, he also didn’t dispute the reports that he actually went on the law school “on half scholarship based on financial need” rather than full scholarship as he claimed.

“My recollection is - and I'd have to confirm this - but I don't recall paying any money to go to law school,” he said.

Biden’s 1988 run for Democratic nomination for president ended shortly after the controversy, which also included accusations of plagiarism in his academic work and campaign speeches.

The video resurfaced amid mounting criticism against Biden and his decades-long career in politics that include his support for tough-on-crime bill in the 1990s and his treatment of Anita Hill. Supporters of more progressive candidates such as Sen. Bernie Sanders say Biden’s candidacy is a step backward for the party.

Lukas Mikelionis is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @LukasMikelionis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

don't worry Joe...Obama forgot he was dashiki-boy at law school.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

3 degrees = 1
76 of 85 = top 50 %

Biden’s a lawyer, not a mathematician.
It’s not like ’This is a big fucking deal' or anything.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 am 
Sergeant Major

https://twitter.com/i/status/1113567561784885254

:lol: Joe's apology. (technically not a gaffe) ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Jill Biden, technically not Joe ... but looks like a possible gaffe ... :D

Quote:
... Jill Biden: Joe has changed, knows to 'back off and give people space' ...

I mean, "Is your husband still creepy ?" :D :D :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire a shotgun through the (presumably your own?) front door"

To save fact checkers some time:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-shotgun/

He said it.

In context, apparently Joe was saying to just indirect fire w/ a shotgun at whatever. It's 'assault' rifle owners who are careless and dangerous w/ their firearms.

Very bad advice or a gaffe?

Hopefully it's not the neighbor's kid or a police officer who gets blasted w/ a 12 gauge w/o you even opening the door, Joe :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

I think Sleepy Joe aims to compete with Trump on old man bravado.

It can't work because Sleepy Joe has to attract angry feminists.*

* "angry" is redundant here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
Quote:
The US president promoted the conspiracy theory on Twitter by quoting a right-wing US news organisation's headline, which according to Mr Trump read: "Former CIA analyst Larry Johnson accuses United Kingdom Intelligence of helping Obama Administration Spy on the 2016 Trump Presidential Campaign."

Mr Trump added: "WOW! It is now just a question of time before the truth comes out, and when it does, it will be a beauty!"

GCHQ, the UK government's chief digital spying organisation, branded the allegation "utterly ridiculous".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-uk-obama-mi6-phone-tap-spy-larry-johnson-twitter-latest-us-news-a8884056.html

I'm thinking Biden is right.

Thatcher might be dead, but she is probably concerned about Trump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
wulfir wrote:
Quote:
The US president promoted the conspiracy theory on Twitter by quoting a right-wing US news organisation's headline, which according to Mr Trump read: "Former CIA analyst Larry Johnson accuses United Kingdom Intelligence of helping Obama Administration Spy on the 2016 Trump Presidential Campaign."

Mr Trump added: "WOW! It is now just a question of time before the truth comes out, and when it does, it will be a beauty!"

GCHQ, the UK government's chief digital spying organisation, branded the allegation "utterly ridiculous".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-uk-obama-mi6-phone-tap-spy-larry-johnson-twitter-latest-us-news-a8884056.html

I'm thinking Biden is right.

Thatcher might be dead, but she is probably concerned about Trump.

Would it surprise anyone if people in the UK gov't helped Hildabeast Clinton & the Dems spy on one of their political opponents?

The same UK gov't which literally harasses & arrests it's own citizens for Wrong Think.

Also.. don't forget the one or two Australian gov't folks also reportedly involved. Foreign election interference? Pretty sure it's been discovered, and it was far worse from bad actors in allied governments.

Not to worry. We got this. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next