maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's up with the House ?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
It isn't "saber-rattling" when a Lion roars at a baby impala it has pinned to the ground and could devour in a couple chomps. That is called Dominance Displaying.

Maybe if the baby impala is sufficiently subordinate and agrees to stop pissing in the Lions cereal, the Lion will let it live . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Writing "5000 troops to Venezuela" on a legal pad at a WH briefing....THAT is saber rattling. :lol:

Sending a B-52 squadron with perhaps HUNDREDS of air launched Tomahawks...that is a credible deterrence. ;)

It would be best if the IRGC gets the message.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Not sure what to make of sending non-essential State Dept personnel home from Iraq. That sounds like there was some intelligence behind it.

Maybe I should check out CNN and see what John Brennan has to say?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Quote:
... Last night hundreds of protesters gathered in Times Square in New York City to call for the removal of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) from the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee. The protest was organized by conservative activist Joe Diamond, whose campaign to raise funds for a Times Square billboard was pulled by Facebook soon after they’d raised adequate funds. The Jerusalem Post covered the event:

Following the Minnesotan congresswoman’s highly-publicized allegations of antisemitism and statement downplaying the 9/11 terrorist attacks, New York native and activist Joe Diamond organized a rally and billboard launch calling on the removal of Omar, one of the first two Muslim women to be elected to the US legislature.
“In my lifetime I cannot think of any other politician who presents a bigger threat to the alliance between the US and Israel and to America’s Jews,” Diamond told the Jerusalem Post ahead of Monday’s protest. “This woman is an ardent antisemite and she doesn’t even try to hide it.”

Omar’s critics had planned to launch a billboard with redacted quotes from the politician, alongside graphic 9/11 imagery. The group, named ‘Ilan Must Go,’ was prepared to spend thousands of dollars on the billboard, with donations from the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Zionist Organization of America and more. Instead, the detractors put the video display on a truck, as they were unable to receive a stationary billboard permit from local authorities, which cited the ad as “disparaging.”

No U.S. mainstream media outlets covered the protest ...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/hundreds-rally-in-times-square-to-protest-anti-semitic-congresswoman-ilhan-omar/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am 
Sergeant Major

More talk about arresting people and putting them in jail ... hope all those federali poo leece forces in Delta Charlie are practicing up on their pistol shooting !!

Quote:
... Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett said Tuesday that IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin should be jailed or fined for stonewalling congressional subpoenas for President Trump’s tax returns ...
He added: “It’s probably a matter of selecting one of them and moving forward to show how this power of inherent contempt could work.”

Inherent contempt is one of three contempt options available to Congress, along with criminal contempt (under which an individual is charged with a crime) and civil judgment (leading to a civil court process.)

If Congress were to use inherent contempt, it would mean the Sergeant at Arms would arrest an official and hold them until they provide testimony or otherwise comply. The tactic reportedly has not been used since the 1930s, and is viewed as an extreme measure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

The radish speaketh again !!!

Quote:
... radish talib says House 'moving towards' consensus for trumpf impeachment ...

Go radish Go !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

This just in! A Congressman does not know the Constitution!

Quote:
On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD) stated that the Democratic caucus has “a convergence of view that we need everything on the table at this point, including the 25th Amendment, including the Impeachment Clause, including the Speech and Debate Clause, including the Emoluments Clause.”

Raskin said, “I think that there is a lot of momentum towards an impeachment inquiry. … I think more people are signing on to it, but I think we should be very clear about what they’re signing on to. I think that the — whatever divisions are in the caucus have really been overstated. I think that there’s a convergence of view that we need everything on the table at this point, including the 25th Amendment, including the Impeachment Clause, including the Speech and Debate Clause, including the Emoluments Clause.”

First, it's the "Speech or Debate Clause". Secondly, it pertains to members of Congress who have an exemption from arrest (for most crimes) while traveling to or debating in Congress. Not sure how expects to use that on Trump.

The 25th Amendment again? Sorry, amigo, but the Cabinet has to initiate that. Are you going to pay them or something?

The Emoluments Clause has no enforcement mechanism short of impeachment. Maybe a judge could issue an injunction about foreigners renting rooms in a Trump hotel but I suspect a bigger judge would crap on that idea.

So we return to impeachment. Bring it, dumbass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
jack t ripper wrote:
This just in! A Congressman does not know the Constitution!

Quote:
On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD) stated that the Democratic caucus has “a convergence of view that we need everything on the table at this point, including the 25th Amendment, including the Impeachment Clause, including the Speech and Debate Clause, including the Emoluments Clause.”

Raskin said, “I think that there is a lot of momentum towards an impeachment inquiry. … I think more people are signing on to it, but I think we should be very clear about what they’re signing on to. I think that the — whatever divisions are in the caucus have really been overstated. I think that there’s a convergence of view that we need everything on the table at this point, including the 25th Amendment, including the Impeachment Clause, including the Speech and Debate Clause, including the Emoluments Clause.”

First, it's the "Speech or Debate Clause". Secondly, it pertains to members of Congress who have an exemption from arrest (for most crimes) while traveling to or debating in Congress. Not sure how expects to use that on Trump.

The 25th Amendment again? Sorry, amigo, but the Cabinet has to initiate that. Are you going to pay them or something?

The Emoluments Clause has no enforcement mechanism short of impeachment. Maybe a judge could issue an injunction about foreigners renting rooms in a Trump hotel but I suspect a bigger judge would crap on that idea.

So we return to impeachment. Bring it, dumbass.

Sounds like incompetent, half-witted attempt to bluff and bluster. It seems to be all they got left. Let 'em knock themselves out; cause that is literally all they are gonna accomplish: knock their party out of majority in the House, knock their candidate out in 2020, and knock their parties prospects of posing any serious opposition to the GOP down for years to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

In the mean time ... mewlyer made a speech today calling trumpf a "criminal" ... the hooosians and jumpin' up and down like never before ...

Is mewlyer goona run for resident !!?? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:07 am 
Sergeant Major

The hoosians are busy busy bees !!!

:lol:

==
Quote:
... ” Pelosi said. “We’re legislating, we’re investigating and we’re litigating.” ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next