maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's up with the House ?
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
CatLover7 wrote:
Quote:
Barr teases Pelosi, asks if she brought her handcuffs on sidelines of DC event

Bill Barr did not mince words about his brawl with House Democrats when he ran into Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event.

According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.

(cont)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

Quote:
“He lied to Congress. And if anybody else did that, it would be considered a crime,” Pelosi told reporters last month. “Nobody is above the law. Not the president of the United States. Not the attorney general.
Pelosi’s public comments came after she, according to Politico, told Rep. Charlie Crist, D-Fla., during a private caucus meeting Thursday: “We saw [Barr] commit a crime when he answered your question.”
She was referring to an April 9 hearing, where Crist had asked whether Barr knew what prompted reports that prosecutors on the special counsel team were frustrated with his initial summary. Barr said he did not.
But earlier this month, The Washington Post first reported that Special Counsel Robert Mueller contacted Barr, both in a letter and in a phone call, to express concerns after Barr released his four-page summary of Mueller’s findings in March. Mueller pushed Barr to release the executive summaries written by the special counsel’s office. However, according to both the Post and the Justice Department, Mueller made clear that he did not feel that Barr’s summary was inaccurate. Instead, Mueller told Barr that media coverage of the letter had “misinterpreted” the results of the probe concerning obstruction of justice.

That's it? How was Barr supposed to answer a question asking if "he knew what prompted reports"? He's not in their heads. The honest answer to that question IMO is: "the desire to get more clicks". We still don't know what Mueller felt was "misinterpreted" re: obstruction but it's safe to say that the media has it wrong once again.

AFAIC lying to Congress shouldn't be a crime, it should be encouraged. I can not recall a time when I felt justice was being served seeing someone sit and be grilled by that Parliament of Whores. It's all political theater no matter what side you're on. Other than occasionally ruining a decent person's reputation it never amounts to anything.

Meanwhile: we could list dozens or scores of ACTUAL FALSEHOODS, propagated, repeated, and advanced with zeal by Pelosi and her party over the past decade. Something tells me her sense of justice would be much constrained when it came to holding her and her party to the same standard she espouses. The truth is, his answer was NOT a fucking lie, it was a vague, open-ended prompt that evoked a vague open-ended response. If they sought to entrap him in lying they needed to use much more specific, and arguably redundant queries than "do you know what prompted reports."

That is like asking someone "Do you know why the 2008 stock market crashed?" evoking "No I don't know," then finding that the person had previously received an email in which a talking head had offered up a shoddy theoretical explanation, and asserting that the statement "I don't know" was a lie.

So egregiously obtuse, duplicitious and unstatesmanlike . . . but, despite how enraging it might be that cretins like Pelosi have the privilege to serve as representatives of millions of Americans, we should look on the bright side: These games they continue to play are not going to win over new segments of the American population and indeed, by their very pathetic nature, may do very little to maintain the current Democrat voter base.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
House rules favor the boys and girls in the House.

Pelosi can publicly call Barr a "liar" but if he goes there and says "you are a saggy-assed lying piece of shit" he would be in big trouble.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
Quote:
... House rules favor the boys and girls in the House...

Yet executive rules can offset. If barr gets in trouble ... the resident can play the 'pardon' card (get out of jail free).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
jwilkerson wrote:
Talib the Radish speeketh !!

Quote:
... "There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust ... "

Completely out of context. If you read or hear the ENTIRE comment you would know that it is abundantly clear that the "calming feeling" wasn't for the Holocaust but for the great sacrifice and the role the Palestinians played in giving Jews a homeland. She was spectacularly wrong but she wasn't waxing poetically about the Holocaust. As a matter of fact she mentioned how horrible it was and about how it was wrong how the Jews were treated all over the world.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

knuckles_95 wrote:
[
Completely out of context. If you read or hear the ENTIRE comment you would know that it is abundantly clear that the "calming feeling" wasn't for the Holocaust but for the great sacrifice and the role the Palestinians played in giving Jews a homeland. She was spectacularly wrong but she wasn't waxing poetically about the Holocaust. As a matter of fact she mentioned how horrible it was and about how it was wrong how the Jews were treated all over the world.

yes, she was talking about the Pals, you are right. The problem is she is full of shit. The Palestinians didn't "give the Jews a homeland", instead they supported the Arab armies that tried to exterminate the Jews 3 or 4 times.

There is nothing noble about failed genocide or having toy explosive vests for kids to play "kill the Jews" with.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 7233
jack t ripper wrote:
knuckles_95 wrote:
[

yes, she was talking about the Pals, you are right. The problem is she is full of shit. The Palestinians didn't "give the Jews a homeland", instead they supported the Arab armies that tried to exterminate the Jews 3 or 4 times.

There is nothing noble about failed genocide or having toy explosive vests for kids to play "kill the Jews" with.

You're right she is full of shit but there is a reason Conservatives in the media is playing up the lie that she is a Holocaust admirer and a Jew hater and not the truth that she's ignorant on the establishment of Israel. Playing that game is dangerous and dirty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
jack t ripper wrote:
Give Barr the same medal Tiger Woods just got. :lol:

Trump needs also a recognition for his cross sport achievements, Ballon d'Or perhaps, being identified as Pelé of Golf. :lol:

Especially now when the prospects of achieving any Nobel Prize seem to be pretty slim. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump could walk to the DMZ, throw open the gaits and and be carried to the heavens on the hand of God while the Korean people rushed to join their separated families and he would not get the Nobel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
jack t ripper wrote:
Trump could walk to the DMZ, throw open the gaits and and be carried to the heavens on the hand of God while the Korean people rushed to join their separated families and he would not get the Nobel.

You think he would walk? :lol:

As for the poor people in North Korea, remember what happened in Iraq. :(

And this sabre-rattling with Iran is not a good idea either.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

You think he would walk? :lol:

As for the poor people in North Korea, remember what happened in Iraq. :(

And this sabre-rattling with Iran is not a good idea either.

North Korea has been lying to IAEA inspectors for 27 years and reneged on several “deals” with the West.
Iran has been dodging IAEA investigations for 16 yrs now.

Both countries have been less than honest in their dealings.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

It’s time to try something different, and Trump is just the man to do that.

Trump should rattle the saber (but not use it).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 43  Next