maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: In Shift, Trump Orders U.S. Troops Out of Syria
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
From USA Today:

Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 914244002/

In a briefing, State Department spokesman Robert Palladino would not address Muthana's specific case, but said repatriating foreign terrorist fighters to their countries of origin was the "best solution to preventing them from returning to the battlefield."

Pompeo subsequently issued the statement Wednesday in which he claimed that Muthana was not a U.S. citizen and would not be allowed back in.

Steve Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas, said that Pompeo can't just assert that someone born in the U.S. is not a U.S. citizen.

"I gather that the government's argument is that she was born to a diplomat who was in the United States on official business, and so was not entitled to birthright citizenship. That's correct as a matter of law if it's true, but it's not true just because the government says so," he said in a Twitter message to USA TODAY. 

I suppose that if she or her family dispute this they can file suit against the State Department.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:44 am 
Sergeant Major

So, was it the Trump Administration who revoked the American ISIS bride’ passport (for political purposes)?

NOPE.

Quote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/al ... d_nn_tw_ma

Alabama woman who joined ISIS sues to return to the U.S.

The Obama administration initially determined Hoda Muthana was not a citizen and notified her family that it was revoking her passport in January 2016.

Feb. 22, 2019, 4:31 AM EST
By Associated Press

Continued at above link

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Quote:
... The Obama administration initially determined Hoda Muthana was not a citizen and notified her family that it was revoking her passport in January 2016 ...

Oops ... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Those danged FACTS ... they keep popping up all over the place and ruining all the really nice fairy tails ...

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2 ... n-his-own/

Quote:
New Zealand PM Tells ‘Bumbling Jihadi’ He’s on His Own

4 Mar 2019

Wellington (AFP) A New Zealander dubbed “the bumbling jihadi” can expect little help from his homeland after being captured in Syria by forces fighting the Islamic State group, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern warned Monday.
Mark Taylor, 42, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation he spent five years with Islamic State but fled in December and surrendered to Kurdish forces because conditions had become unbearable.

“There was no food, no money, basic services were pretty much collapsed,” he said from a Kurdish prison.

“I was in a pickle myself and had to make a final decision, which was to leave.”

Taylor earned his derogatory nickname in 2015 after sending out a series of pro-IS tweets but forgetting to turn off the geo-tagging function, giving away his location.

He told the ABC the bungle earned him 50 days in an IS prison.

He also burned his New Zealand passport in a propaganda video and urged extremists in Australia and New Zealand to “commence operations”.

Prime Minister Ardern ruled out stripping Taylor of his New Zealand citizenship because he is not a dual citizen and so has no alternative.

“We of course follow our obligations in international law regarding ensuring we do not deem anyone stateless,” she said.

But she also said New Zealand could offer Taylor no consular assistance because it had no diplomats where he is being held and only knew what had been gleaned from media reports.

“We have no connection with the forces detaining him, so it’s difficult for us to provide information,” she said, adding that Taylor would likely have to contact New Zealand officials in Turkey if he hoped to eventually return home.

Justice Minister Andrew Little said if that happened, Taylor could probably expect to face charges under anti-terror laws.

“It is very clear what happens when you transgress the provisions of that legislation… there’s a range of penalties, including imprisonment,” he said.

Ardern said New Zealand was not obliged to give Taylor legal representation if he was charged overseas, nor did it have to pay his way home.

Ardern refused to say how serious a threat Taylor would represent if he went back home but said “contingency planning” had been made to ensure New Zealanders were safe from returning jihadis.

She also declined to comment on details of Taylor’s ABC interview, in which he insisted he was not an IS fighter and lamented the fact he had been “too poor” to afford a Yazidi slave while with the extremist group.

“I wouldn’t want to be drawn on those comments because I do not want to be seen to jeopardise any potential case in the future,” she said.

Two thumbs up to the PM of New Zealand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Denied.

Quote:

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her British citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the family's lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, said: "Family are very disappointed with the Home Office's intention to have an order made depriving Shamima of her citizenship.

"We are considering all legal avenues to challenge this decision."

Last week, the 19-year-old, then heavily pregnant, was found in a refugee camp in Syria where she said she wanted to come back to the UK.

On Sunday, she gave birth to a baby boy.

She and two school friends from Bethnal Green fled the UK via Turkey in 2015, where they made their way to Syria and were married off to Islamic State fighters.

Speaking to ITV News on Monday, the teenager insisted she was "not a threat" to the UK, despite having insisted she did not regret joining IS.

"I'm a 19-year-old girl with a newborn baby," she said..

"I don't have any weapons; I don't want to hurt anyone even if I did have weapons.

"He [Home Secretary Sajid Javid] has no proof that I'm a threat other than that I was in ISIS but that's it.

"I don't know how I would be seen as a danger.

"I'm not going to go back and provoke people to go to ISIS or anything, if anything I'm going to encourage them not to go because it's not all as it seems in their videos."

Ms Begum first spoke out about wanting to come back to Britain from the al-Hawl refugee camp in Syria.

Following her comments the Begum family had pleaded with the Government to treat her case as a "matter of urgency".

In an interview with ITV News they expressed concern for her mental health and said her child had "every right" to grow up in the "peace and security" of the UK.

Prior to her citizenship being revoked Justice Secretary David Gauke said the UK could not make people "stateless".

MI6 chief Alex Younger had also alluded to a similar outcome at a security conference in Munich.

While he refused to comment on specific circumstances he said: "British nationals have a right to come to the UK."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-19/sha ... ws-learns/

Shamima Begun still seeking to return to the UK.

Priti Patel, Home Office Secretary

(the short woman in the middle of the pic)

You Shall Not Pass!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.strategypage.com/qnd/russia ... 91106.aspx

Just a snippet from the above article:
Quote:
November 6, 2019: The early October American decision to pull its troops out of northwest Syria was seen as a disaster for the Russians and Iranians. The official American withdrawal from Syria meant the Americans were not going to help finance the reconstruction of Syria. That is expected to cost over $400 billion. Russia and Iran have treaties with the Assad government and both have invested billions to ensure the survival of the Assad dictatorship.

The timing of pulling out, so as NOT to be obliged to help pay for that $400 billion, looks like a genius move to me.

Unlike Russia, the US does not have a permanent base in Syria; does not have other ventures in the country, so pulling out without those sorts of obligations is smart.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

When the Sunnis fight the Shitite-lites (Alawites) and one side finally wins, I would say that is NOT the responsibility of the US taxpayers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Fuck yeah! Let them wallow in the shit they've created!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:31 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
Started reading Tim Cooper's Moscow's Game of Poker: Russian Military Intervention in Syria, 2015-2017.

Cooper calls bullshit on the idea that Syria was a Soviet/Russian client state... :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next