maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: In Shift, Trump Orders U.S. Troops Out of Syria
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 10152
Declare her an unlawful combatant, ship her to Gitmo and be done with all this stupidity.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Denied.

Quote:

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her British citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the family's lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, said: "Family are very disappointed with the Home Office's intention to have an order made depriving Shamima of her citizenship.

"We are considering all legal avenues to challenge this decision."

Last week, the 19-year-old, then heavily pregnant, was found in a refugee camp in Syria where she said she wanted to come back to the UK.

On Sunday, she gave birth to a baby boy.

She and two school friends from Bethnal Green fled the UK via Turkey in 2015, where they made their way to Syria and were married off to Islamic State fighters.

Speaking to ITV News on Monday, the teenager insisted she was "not a threat" to the UK, despite having insisted she did not regret joining IS.

"I'm a 19-year-old girl with a newborn baby," she said..

"I don't have any weapons; I don't want to hurt anyone even if I did have weapons.

"He [Home Secretary Sajid Javid] has no proof that I'm a threat other than that I was in ISIS but that's it.

"I don't know how I would be seen as a danger.

"I'm not going to go back and provoke people to go to ISIS or anything, if anything I'm going to encourage them not to go because it's not all as it seems in their videos."

Ms Begum first spoke out about wanting to come back to Britain from the al-Hawl refugee camp in Syria.

Following her comments the Begum family had pleaded with the Government to treat her case as a "matter of urgency".

In an interview with ITV News they expressed concern for her mental health and said her child had "every right" to grow up in the "peace and security" of the UK.

Prior to her citizenship being revoked Justice Secretary David Gauke said the UK could not make people "stateless".

MI6 chief Alex Younger had also alluded to a similar outcome at a security conference in Munich.

While he refused to comment on specific circumstances he said: "British nationals have a right to come to the UK."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-19/sha ... ws-learns/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Ms. Shamima Beg 'um. That has got to be a gag, right!? :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17151
Shrug. AFAIC people who just discard ideas of constitutional due process are trash and basically the same as ISIS at the core.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
Shrug. AFAIC people who just discard ideas of constitutional due process are trash and basically the same as ISIS at the core.

I agree. But I also agree with the other point you made about her being held accountable criminally in one way or another; if they can come up with something.

At the very least, I would hope that IF she is admitted back into the U.S. and isn't taken into custody that NSA or whomever is keeping a very close eye on her for a good long while.

A convert American who bore a Jihadi whelp and then used their values against them to regain access to their country would be a gigantic "asset" in the eyes of a strategic thinker like say Bin Laden. I'd say it would be pretty damned likely that--even if she is earnest in her complete rejection of the Islamic Supremacist nonsense--she WILL be approached by operatives and solicited to provide service of one sort or another. Given she has a kid whom they could kidnap, yeah, pretty serious security risk on multiple objective channels.

But, you are correct that she is still an American citizen and deserves due process and just treatment under the law. Such was also the case with Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Al Capone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

There is something to be said for making an example of her but I can't imagine the US State Dept getting away with something like that. The ACLU would be all over the case if they tried to do that to a US citizen.

By ra way. What happens to the baby of the formerly British girl? Isn't the baby a citizen of the UK?

In the case of captured male jihadists this denial of citizenship strategy will not work because they will be a permanent menace on the world stage.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Thanks a lot mohammed you stupid cunt. Nice "religion" you dreamed up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Thanks a lot mohammed you stupid cunt. Nice "religion" you dreamed up.

There are probably at this very moment 27,948 individuals living legally, peaceably and lawfully in the U.S. who represent as big or bigger of a security risk than she would, and they may well be "under the radar." Add to that another 493,612 individuals who would be amenable to providing assistance to such primary nodes of Islamic Supremacist action against the U.S. and its citizens, if they were approached by a field agent . . . she's a fairly minor concern I reckon, though one that deserves monitoring nonetheless.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
There is something to be said for making an example of her but I can't imagine the US State Dept getting away with something like that. The ACLU would be all over the case if they tried to do that to a US citizen.

By ra way. What happens to the baby of the formerly British girl? Isn't the baby a citizen of the UK?

In the case of captured male jihadists this denial of citizenship strategy will not work because they will be a permanent menace on the world stage.

Quote:
What happens to the baby of the formerly British girl? Isn't the baby a citizen of the UK?

I am not familiar with British citizenship laws.
They may not be like ours in the US.
The child was probably born in ISIS territory, which was not recognized by most as a country.
That would mean that the child was born in what most did recognize as Syria.
So the child might be a citizen of Syria.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

This from the US State Department:

Quote:
Statement on Hoda Muthana

https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks ... 289558.htm

Press Statement
Michael R. Pompeo
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
February 20, 2019

Ms. Hoda Muthana is not a U.S. citizen and will not be admitted into the United States. She does not have any legal basis, no valid U.S. passport, no right to a passport, nor any visa to travel to the United States. We continue to strongly advise all U.S. citizens not to travel to Syria.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next