Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trump wants to leave INF, about to send Bolton to Moscow
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:22 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5420
Quote:
Experts warn of ‘most severe crisis in nuclear arms control since the 1980s’ as Trump confirms US will leave INF agreement...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/20/trump-us-nuclear-arms-treaty-russia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Trump wants to leave INF, about to send Bolton to Moscow
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
wulfir wrote:
Quote:
Experts warn of ‘most severe crisis in nuclear arms control since the 1980s’ as Trump confirms US will leave INF agreement...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/20/trump-us-nuclear-arms-treaty-russia

But no worries, Don and Vlad have a deal. ;)

And arms control is for pussies anyway, or horsefaces. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Quote:
... most severe crisis in nuclear arms control since the 1980s ...

Oh my, what poor memories ... whadda'bout the fat boi and his pals ?? whadda'about the assahollas and their pals ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I think the point is the treaty restricts options vs China.

Somewhat humorous that Putin ordered Trump to do this

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

...I hear China too, but China seems a little far away for these types of weapons. Maybe Trump wants to be able to lob a few across the wall down Mexico way? :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
wulfir wrote:
...I hear China too, but China seems a little far away for these types of weapons. Maybe Trump wants to be able to lob a few across the wall down Mexico way? :)

Japan, Guam even Taiwan. Of course, the Japanese would want no part of nukes to counter the Chicoms ...but they might even ask for nukes to counter the PRK.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Quote:
“Russia has violated the agreement. They’ve been violating it for many years and I don’t know why President Obama didn’t negotiate or pull out.

“We’re not going to let them violate a nuclear agreement and do weapons and we’re not allowed to. We’re the ones that have stayed in the agreement and we’ve honoured the agreement but Russia has not unfortunately honoured the agreement so we’re going to terminate the agreement, we’re going to pull out.”

Holy Plutonium NPCs! Russia Collusion CONFIRMED!!

This is it; this is what we've been waiting for! The smoking gun proving Trump is Putin's Puppet! One thing is clear, this is a big ass deal; biggest deal since sliced bread and almost as critical as the Cold War.

Wow, Nazis everywhere. Nazis in Moscow, Washington and Pittsburgh. We're up to our fucking eyeballs in racist, Kremlin-loving, Nazis.

ADDIT: probably nuclear war by May 2019? Then Trump and Putin's secret plan to become the two most powerful nuclear powers will finally be fulminatable. All they gotta do is engage in a thermonuclear war against each other (clever ruse) THEN they will finally get their secret goals culminated! To rule the waves! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
...but they might even ask for nukes to counter the PRK.

Want nukes? Build nukes...

In a way Putin gets both to have the cake and eat it - the pro-Kremlin trolls can put all the blame on Trump and now the Russian military can get about to producing these missiles while saying; "see, mother Russia is under siege! We only do this to defend ourselves! Russo-phobes everywhere!"

Putin's problem is I guess that his economy is not doing that great, i.e. that cake Could be mighty expensive. Taking people's pensions was not that popular. Last time he got unpopular he invaded the Ukraine. The USSR did not do too well with arms races in the end...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
wulfir wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
...but they might even ask for nukes to counter the PRK.

Want nukes? Build nukes...

In a way Putin gets both to have the cake and eat it - the pro-Kremlin trolls can put all the blame on Trump and now the Russian military can get about to producing these missiles while saying; "see, mother Russia is under siege! We only do this to defend ourselves! Russo-phobes everywhere!"

Putin's problem is I guess that his economy is not doing that great, i.e. that cake Could be mighty expensive. Taking people's pensions was not that popular. Last time he got unpopular he invaded the Ukraine. The USSR did not do too well with arms races in the end...

Yep, that's it! Trump is clearly doing Putin's bidding once again. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:16 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Bolton is in Moscow.

Quote:
WHY DOES THE U.S. EXIT FROM THE TREATY MATTER?

Some politicians in the U.S. and Europe fear that the U.S. walkout could spur a new arms race in which the U.S. and Russia would build up their nuclear arsenals, further eroding global stability.

Intermediate-range ballistic missiles take just a few minutes to reach their targets in Europe, a much shorter flight time compared to intercontinental ballistic missiles. That would leave practically no time for political leaders to weigh a response after getting a warning about a missile attack, increasing the chance that a false alarm could trigger a global nuclear conflict.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/a-glance-at-the-1987-nuclear-arms-pact-trump-intends-to-dump

I don't see how a nuclear arms race would be in Putin's interest, even a limited one - maybe if it allows Putin to rally the masses against the American covfefe...

But there are three rules of warfare and maybe Putin has forgotten about the third rule:

1) Never march on Moscow.
2) Never have your armies go to war in mainland Asia.

3) Never enter into a arms race with the United States.

Profile E-mail