maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's up with the Senate ?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
Of course I'm not an attorney, so who knows.

I dunno either. I don't even know if it's state or fedril lawr that decides it. Gun ownership is fedril legal. Marijuana is fedrilly illegal but state legal. I never looked into it or thought about it. Like I said, I don't have any guns anyway. So either way I'm cool.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Quote:
... I don't even know if it's state or fedril lawr ..

I know that much, per the Feds it is BOTH ... the union of the two sets of laws.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:40 am 
Sergeant Major

So, I did a google search on the issue.

Here are a number of links, both news articles and informatin from a number of Florida attorneys/law firms:

https://www.uslawshield.com/firearms-an ... n-florida/

https://www.mosesandrooth.com/medical-m ... ents-know/

https://www.pumphreylawfirm.com/blog/me ... -conflict/

https://www.gabriellawteam.com/florida- ... -firearms/

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/medical ... /656513556

https://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/a ... 39509.html

While I am not an attorney, skimming through the articles above it would appear to me that being a registered medicinal marijuana user in Florida makes even the possession of a firearm illegal under federal law.

You can read through the articles but I would recommend that you consult a Florida attorney if you have questions.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
Well that is pretty much bullshit IMO. I have no desire to use that stuff myself, and would prefer to never have anyone who DOES use it working for me or on me or with me. But I don't think it is right for people who use it, especially for medicinal purposes, to be denied their god dambed 2nd Amendment rights! That is fucking tyrannical!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
... That is fucking tyrannical! ...

Well you're certainly with booker T. sparticus and karamella on that !! They're even advocating for PAYOUTS to the victims of such tyrannical behavior (on the part of the gubermint) ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:32 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Well that is pretty much bullshit IMO. I have no desire to use that stuff myself, and would prefer to never have anyone who DOES use it working for me or on me or with me. But I don't think it is right for people who use it, especially for medicinal purposes, to be denied their god dambed 2nd Amendment rights! That is fucking tyrannical!

The federal government has not yet realized the “wisdom” of medicinal marijuana...and it is therefore not legal at the federal levels use it, OR to own a firearm if you are using.

Such is the deal with a dual system (federal vs state) of governing.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:51 am 
Sergeant Major

When medical marijuana was legalized in California suddenly EVERYONE had glaucoma

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
When medical marijuana was legalized in California suddenly EVERYONE had glaucoma

Well, that is OBVIOUS...particularly among California politicians.....their vision of reality is definitely in question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
...In a 52-45 party-line vote Wednesday, the Senate confirmed President Trump’s nominee to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The confirmation of California lawyer Kenneth Lee marked the first time neither home-state senator had returned a blue slip, a Senate tradition in which the home-state senator gives their opinion of the nominee, the Hill reported ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

We know de muc rats want to get rid of the electoral college ... but perhaps their largest barrier to unrestricted governance ... is the senate ... a bastion of white nationalism if there evah was one.

What is the senate ? One way of looking at the senate, is like the electoral college, the senate represents the power of the STATES ... the electoral college actually represents both the PEOPLE and the STATES in a sense ... as the count of electors is equal to the sum of the count of the representatives and the senates for that state.

But the senate is purely the representative of the states ... this was done on purpose as one of many "checks and balances" ...

Quote:
... James Madison made the following comment about the Senate:

In England, at this day, if elections were open to all classes of people, the property of landed proprietors would be insecure. An agrarian law would soon take place. If these observations be just, our government ought to secure the permanent interests of the country against innovation. Landholders ought to have a share in the government, to support these invaluable interests, and to balance and check the other. They ought to be so constituted as to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority. The Senate, therefore, ought to be this body; and to answer these purposes, the people ought to have permanency and stability.[9]

— Notes of the Secret Debates of the Federal Convention of 1787 ...

So certainly any intelligent muc rat must be in favor of finding ways to suppress and eventually eliminate the senate, so that majority rule can be pure and unrestricted !!

==
The Brits found a way to do it in 1911 ... they "destroyed" the house of lords ... or actually backed the lords into a corner where the lords destroyed themselves. But the kang threatened to appoint a zillion new lords to destroy them, if they didn't do it themselves, so they did.
But not sure how to make that work in OOOSAH. The kang cannot appoint senators in the ooosah .. .so other means will be required. It will be interesting to see what de muc rats come up with. We are watching !!! :D

==
Just think of what the hooose could do without the senate in the waay ??

trumpf would be long gone ... probably executed by now ...

mehicans would have "'free" health care ... as soon as they step across the border ...

think of all the "free stuff" the hoose could give away ... cargo city !!

if they could just get rid of the danged senate !!!

that tiny remnant of states rights, that keeps clingin' on ...

==
In the senate ... wyoming and rhode island ... have the same power as california and NY.

long live the Constitution !!

:D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next