maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: 301 ‘Predator Priests’ Named In Pa. Grand Jury Sex Abuse
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
So Pope Francis is attempting too silence Bishop Schneider by imposing a travel ban on him.

Bishop Schneider should remain firm in his beliefs....he would not be the first German priest to stand up to the pope...

I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
chijohnaok wrote:
So Pope Francis is attempting too silence Bishop Schneider by imposing a travel ban on him.

Bishop Schneider should remain firm in his beliefs....he would not be the first German priest to stand up to the pope...

I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.

Are you suggesting another 30 years war? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

No, that was not my intention.

My message was essentially this:

If Bishop Schneider thinks that he is right---if his conscience tells him that he is right, then he should be ready to stand up for those principles.

If more within the Roman Catholic Church had stood up for for what was right in this sexual abuse scandal, then things might not have ever risen to where we are now and countless children might have been spared the pain and suffering that they went through.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

As for the 30 yr war, I cannot imagine a situation today where states (countries), in particular those in the "West" would go to war over a religious issue....that is unless the religion and the countries involved are Muslim.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 am 
buck private

The 30 years war post was in jest, althou things are looking like a schism is on the horizon. What is my felling, I'd stay Catholic but not a Pope Francis Catholic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
The 30 years war post was in jest, althou things are looking like a schism is on the horizon. What is my felling, I'd stay Catholic but not a Pope Francis Catholic.

Ahhh....I didn't catch that you were joking.
Haha.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 am 
buck private

chijohnaok wrote:
abradley wrote:

Ahhh....I didn't catch that you were joking.
Haha.
Am amazed you though we're on the verge of a 30 years war ... against Islam yes, but between Christians?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:42 pm 
buck private

Quote:

TORONTO CATHOLIC WITNESS
Published on Sep 1, 2018
The Vigano Testimony only confirms this testimony by the late Fr. O' Connor, who was expelled, and then suspended over 20 years ago, for exposing a homosexual network.
This was recorded 30 years ago.

Assuming it's as bad as everybody sez, what's the cure?

Married Priests.

Not saying Celibacy is the cause, rather marriage may be the cure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:04 pm 
buck private

Speaking of married priests, it introduces many problems, things like marriage breakup, what happens to a congregation when the priest and wife are going through hell plus all the other marriage problems that couples live through, it ain't all bliss.

As posted before, the Greek/Russian Orthodox churches allow marriage as well as some of the Catholic Eastern Rite churches, plus the Anglican church. Should check with them for practical advice. That's if the church goes the married priests edging out the gay lobby which I see as the best option rather the just issuing an anti-gay decree.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:30 pm 
buck private

Just a reminder.

As posted earlier, this isn't a thread about trying to convert others to Catholicism, nor is it an attempt to compare Catholics to Protestants, I meant and still do mean for it to be an analysis of the Catholic Church's predator priest problem. What is the problem, is it gays, maybe progressive straight priests, or as I figure it a combination of both.

Like in the USA politics, the progressive agenda has been on the march for the last 100 years and more.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next