US Virgin Islands gun confiscation order

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: US Virgin Islands gun confiscation order

#11 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 am

According to Wikipedia the USVI NG numbers around 1,000 people.
The U.S. Virgin Islands National Guard consists of the:

Virgin Islands Army National Guard [2]
---661st Military Police Company
Virgin Islands Air National Guard [3]
---285th Civil Engineering Squadron
A quick glance at their website shows that they have an opening:
Open Positions
Army Band
UNIT/LOCATION: St Thomas & Christiansted
MOS: 42R Army Band Musician
https://state.nationalguard.com/virgin- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Would they know what to do with a weapon if they had one? :lol:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

C_S
Sergeant Major

#12 Post by C_S » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

They're (probably legally questionably) authorized. NG commanders don't seem keen on doing that. I'm not a lawyer either and probably don't need to be. Legal or not - National Guard soldiers aren't going to point guns at their own fambly ever. To seize weapons or for anything else. That is never going to happen.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#13 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:53 pm

C_S wrote:They're (probably legally questionably) authorized. NG commanders don't seem keen on doing that. I'm not a lawyer either and probably don't need to be. Legal or not - National Guard soldiers aren't going to point guns at their own fambly ever. To seize weapons or for anything else. That is never going to happen.

You are right...it likely would (and should) never happen.
But in this case there is a governor who thought that it would be a good idea, issued an official order authorizing it to happen (and even after it being pointed out that his order is constitutionally flawed), has failed to rescind/modify the order.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#14 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 pm

So 1.5 years later: how did this all spin out?

C_S
Sergeant Major

#15 Post by C_S » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:08 pm

I dunno. Probably doubtful.

First of all, it is absolutely completely illegal to order military to conduct police action in any state unless its only temporary and highly restricted. They can direct traffic and reinforce police actions in a disaster zone. But legally, if a US soldier points his weapon at a US citizen for any reason - it had better be highly justified or it's not going to fly in any US court.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

nero
Sergeant Major

#16 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Has there been any recent news from the Virgin Islands? May be they have degenerated to stone age after abandoning their fire arms. :shock:

And now all living in love and harmony to the end of their lives. :lol:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#17 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm

Not seeing much on this after about summer 2018
https://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/gop- ... fiscation/

C_S
Sergeant Major

#18 Post by C_S » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Sounds like the Adjutant General is not only authorized to seize firearms, ammunition and explosives ... but any other property required by the military to perform their duties !
Well. Fuck. What are you going to do, JW? If you bashed my door in - I'd surrender and give you all my weapons. I fear you. You frighten me. Is that what you want?

You are a very frightening guy. I trust that you'd protect me and my gear. I expect that if the army wanted to take my gear, you'd be the guy a mile away conducting headshots to prevent that from ever happening to me. I am your protectorate.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#19 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:58 am

I cannot attest to the accuracy/authenticity of these videos.
Judge them for yourselves.

Post-Totalitarian Quarantine

and

Volunteer dishes on hospitals depriving medical workers