maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Games media absurdity
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050

Of course in games media this has been sold as "the fans are all misogynist bastards".

Then again nothing new there - the Gamergate didn't change anything, it merely revealed the corrupt state of games media and after a look around it was then easy to arrive at a more universal conclusion - all media is horribly corrupt.

Luckily we have ordinary people ready to do some background research to rival the view given from media.

But some companies won't let their workers insult and actively attack the reputation of their game itself as well as their long time paying customers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Games media absurdity
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14095
In this day and age, having even a SINGLE employee sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:34 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
In this day and age, having even a SINGLE ["feminist"] employee sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14095
NefariousKoel wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
In this day and age, having even a SINGLE ["feminist"] employee sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Fixed it for you.

Fair enough. But how do you identify the "feminists" in a job interview? Moreover, how do you identify them (or more broadly ANY Leftalitarian Zomboid) for what they are AND deny them employment without coming into the cross-hairs of this advocacy or that watchdog?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:51 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:

Fair enough. But how do you identify the "feminists" in a job interview? Moreover, how do you identify them (or more broadly ANY Leftalitarian Zomboid) for what they are AND deny them employment without coming into the cross-hairs of this advocacy or that watchdog?

Well, that's a separate question.

I mean.. how do you identify a potential employee who's a serial killer in an interview? :P I suspect it would be easier to detect a social justice regressive since they're often so keen on virtue signalling about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Some (or maybe even many..I don’t know the extent of it) employers today ask prospective employees for a list of their social media account names. They do a social media check. And in doing so you can get an impression of that person’s character.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:54 am 

chijohnaok wrote:
Some (or maybe even many..I don’t know the extent of it) employers today ask prospective employees for a list of their social media account names. They do a social media check. And in doing so you can get an impression of that person’s character.

Exactly.

Also you can use trigger words and measure the reaction. The interview can also involve alcohol and be very casual. You can slip in things to see if the person is going to be a good fit - and interviews can take several meetings depending on the position.

YLE journo made a tearful article on how "cruel and inhumane" the employers are asking things like "are you planning to have children soon" or asking "did you serve" in a country with full conscription. In the article there was a woman who's potential boss had asked her if she was planning to have kids soon and "she felt violated and hurt afterwards".

I certainly as hell want to know if two months into the job my employee is planning to have 3-year maternal leave during which I'm not allowed to fire her. Allow us to fire mothers so we don't have to ask those questions. If they're protected then we need to ask. Simple. Or we could just stop hiring women altogether?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
There's a woman where I work who has 'worked' here for five years, but as she's busy pumping out the next generation she's been here for perhaps two?

The company here can soak it up but surely there are some who cannot.

My first development job was working for a company of one, it was me and him. If I was Bananarette and I sodded off for 2 years on maternity then he'd be screwed. Feminism is all well and good but there is reality to consider at some point.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
We have a department with 11 women out of 16. None of them have taken inappropriate time off for pregnancy but it does at time push unpleasant responsibilities on to others....especially night and weekend call which is poorly compensated and hard work with many sleep interruptions and you can't bloody drink for a whole week straight. Never once heard anyone say thanks. To my knowledge, not one of the men is biologically responsible for any of the pregnancies.

One time we had four out at once and the department chairwoman said "OK guys, you are going to have to "man up"" and all the women laughed. Now, that was a joke...but then again it's not so funny because it is EXPECTED the men will pick up the extra work. Pregnancy is hard, no doubt about it, but it is 2018 and for sophisticated women it is a choice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 am 

I'm perfectly fine with folks having kids and taking care of them themselves!

And I'm also fine with "man up" etc.

Just keep the feminist bullshit out of it. You can't have it both ways. I am "manned up" and I am tough and while there I'm not taking any double standards bullshit about "why do you make more money than Annie" or "don't be so macho".

But then again that's nothing new in the fem-camp. A man has to be this "don't give a shit" bubblegum chewing ass kicker who's also a sensitive pansy. He has to climb mountains regularly but also stay at home. Has to have a great career and a shit ton of free time to spend at home watching girlie shows.

Discovered two things in my life - all women want a real man in the end, nevermind the bullshit they say.
Second thing, the odd commie dyke that doesn't want a real man in the end, she doesn't want a man to begin with.

Then we have these beta-males running loops around the trucker-dykes trying to please them like a bunch of serfs who try to hurt their betters with words. That there shows how deeply emasculated they are. When a man wants to hurt another man he punches 'im. He doesn't write a 14-page essay that essentially says that "a real man... bla bla.. is a doormat to everyone else and doesn't stand his ground".

Like I said, have all the kids you want - it's your right and it's kinda important for our species too that you do.

But some things - you can't have 'em both ways. You can either have a sharp blade that cuts or a dull one that's safe. Can't have something in the middle - it won't cut well but it won't be safe either.

Profile E-mail