maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: PARIS BURNS: Riot police fire tear gas as 30,000 protestors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... rance-news

Quote:
PARIS BURNS: Riot police fire tear gas as 30,000 protestors furious at Macron hit France

TEAR gas and water cannons have been fired by riot police in France amid a desperate struggle to control violent protests of more than 30,000 residents angry at President Emmanuel Macron over rising fuel prices.

By CARLY READ
PUBLISHED: 10:50, Sat, Nov 24, 2018 | UPDATED: 19:12, Sat, Nov 24, 2018

French police locked horns with thousands of angry protesters who stormed the streets with placards wearing yellow vests before hurling objects at riot police and starting fires. Shocking images show demonstrators waving an array of flags and ramming metal barriers into police, with some being dragged away from the scene by officers. Paris is currently under a fog of tear gas, with demonstrators also being targeted with water cannons to fire at police. Officers are also seen edging closer to protestors using a wall of their shields.

A trailer was set on fire and exploded on the Champs Elysees and a man who tried to attack fire fighters was overpowered by some of the demonstrators themselves.

On the nearby Avenue de Friedland, police fired special rubber balls at protesters to control rioters.

Continued at above link

Also this article regarding this same situation:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7817676/p ... o-warzone/

Quote:
BATTLEFIELD PARIS Police bombarded with fireworks fight back with tear gas as mass riots turn Paris into warzone

The worst violence took place on the Champs Elysee where a huge crowd called for President Emmanuel Macron to quit

By Guy Birchall and Peter Allen
24th November 2018, 11:33 amUpdated: 24th November 2018, 2:41 pm

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PARIS BURNS: Riot police fire tear gas as 30,000 protest
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

That's uncivilized. You don't like the guy in office just use the national intelligence services to create a false narrative and then hound hi with lawyers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6135
$6 per gallon gas isn't high enough.... we need more to help fight global warming..... hee hee…. you can't make that up …. Can the world get any more stupid before people actually start killing each other ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Are these "protesters" protesting anything in particular or just protesting for the heque of it ??
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Ok I looked it up on France 24

Quote:
... France drew around 50,000 people in all, according to organiser Caroline de Haas, to answer a citizen collective's call for a "feminist tidal wave" of outrage against gender violence ...

https://www.france24.com/en/20181125-thousands-protest-feminist-tidal-wave-against-sexist-violence

==

Regardless of what they do not like ... apparently they DO like yellow vests !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Are these "protesters" protesting anything in particular or just protesting for the heque of it ??
:)

From one of the articles that I linked to above:

Quote:
A protester wearing yellow vest, a symbol of a French drivers' protest against higher fuel prices, burns flare on the the Champs-Elysee

LaPalice also mentioned the protests in another thread the other day---IIRC, he said that it was regarding higher taxes on fuel sales.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10157
77% of the French agree with the protesters, the yellow jackets. And yes, it is because of the taxes on gas. It is the final straw, people pay more taxes and don't see an improvement of the public services. It is interesting to see that revolutions generally start because of the taxes.

a characteritic of that movement is that it is spontaneous, and its participants reject any party, union or other organisation. It is more or less the French version of the tea party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:16 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3928
LaPalice, please provide a list of the things the French govt spends money on. And a list of things you would be happy to give up in return fo rf tax cuts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:01 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10157
Joe wrote:
LaPalice, please provide a list of the things the French govt spends money on. And a list of things you would be happy to give up in return fo rf tax cuts.

If you ask the question to me personally, I must say that I don't have many problems with the public services, at least less than those who protest, the yellow jackets. I live in a big city, where the public services are almost good, even if there are many problems. The "rank and file" of the yellow jackets comes from the rural areas and the little and middle towns. There, the public services, like hospitals, postal services, schools... have a tendency to disappear. That is why many people have the feeling of giving money to the government and getting nothing in return.

There is too a feeling of injustice in that movement, as the government decided to revoke a tax paid by the rich people, the tax on fortune, and at the same time, increased the taxes paid by the middle and popular classes: taxes on gas, on the incomes won by the pensioners...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Is not the gas tax a form of a carbon tax? In other words, revenue collection is not the "higher purpose". The goal is to discourage carbon consumption. That's the thingm the brainwashing about the evils of carbon consumption works pretty well but when the young find out THEY have to live a more impoverished life to achieve this THEN the carbon-elites have a PR problem.

Sure, first class airline ticket costs more...the trip to Davos is $1200 vs 1000 but you write it off on your business or you get the Clinton Family Crime Foundation to pay for it. Then you trade in your Model S Tesla after 12 months when you get back.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next