maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh Supreme Court nominee
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... He accepted a $150,000 bribe in exchange for giving a lenient sentence. He was impeached in 1989.

He bounced back rather nicely though and has been serving as a member of the House of Representatives for the last 25 years ...

In other words, to get fast tracked into Congress, he had to PROVE he was sufficiently corrupt to be considered a member of the club. Ok, got it.

Well, he's black (sort of). Taking a bribe is a resume-enhancer for Congressional Black Caucasians

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:00 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sen. Feinstein: ‘Absolutely’ I’d Be In Favor Of Re-Opening The Kavanaugh Investigation If Dems Win The Senate

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/18/ ... in-senate/

It has not even been two weeks since Judge Kavanaugh took the oath of office, and Sen. Feinstein thought it a good time (3 weeks before the primary election) to say this.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
chijohnaok wrote:
Sen. Feinstein: ‘Absolutely’ I’d Be In Favor Of Re-Opening The Kavanaugh Investigation If Dems Win The Senate

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/18/ ... in-senate/

It has not even been two weeks since Judge Kavanaugh took the oath of office, and Sen. Feinstein thought it a good time (3 weeks before the primary election) to say this.

When all you got is irrational appeal to emotion, bias and butthurt . . . well that is all you got!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:30 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Anthropoid wrote:
When all you got is irrational appeal to emotion, bias and butthurt . . . well that is all you got!
And it works.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Democrats:
----couldn't stop the nomination and confirmation of Kavanaugh
----realize that impeaching him may be difficult, if not impossible
---now scheming for other ways to remove Judge Kavanaugh:

Chicago Law Prof Schemes How to Remove Kavanaugh Without Impeachment

I predict this perfesser's plan will be just as successful as Sally Kohn's plan to remove Trump was:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Ok but to boot the resident out is a 2 step process, right?

01 - House impeaches by a simple majority. That might be easy.

02 - Senate convicts by two thirds majority. That would seem to be impossible for "political reasons" only. I would think to get bi-partisan support for conviction would require a clear and convincing CRIME to have been committed, not just "we don't like you". And to change this would require a constitutional amendment, extremely unlikely!

So, I don't see how trumpf can be booted out even if de muc rats got a tiny majority in the senate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:

02 - Senate convicts by two thirds majority. That would seem to be impossible for "political reasons" only. I would think to get bi-partisan support for conviction would require a clear and convincing CRIME to have been committed, not just "we don't like you". And to change this would require a constitutional amendment, extremely unlikely!

So, I don't see how trumpf can be booted out even if de muc rats got a tiny majority in the senate.

The Sally Kohn tweet was so idiotic that it turned into a meme:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/831911367 ... 32?lang=en

However unlikely Step 1, the impeachment, would be, her plan completely falls apart with Step 2.
There would be no "Constitutional crisis" since there is already established in law the United States presidential line of succession

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
jwilkerson wrote:

Well . . . there has to be an impeachable offense and given we do not live in the USSR the details of the proof for such an impeachable offense are going to have to be pretty clear, solid and incontrovertible.

Otherwise, you're talking Civil War.

Too many Americans are sick of watching elected officials play stupid games and IF either side in our co-dependent Ass-Elephant moeity felt they could pull off an impeachment in the absence of sufficient proof to convince a majority of Americans all they would be doing is mobilizing the citizens and the military to initiate Operation Colonial Revolt v. 2.0.

So far, what? 24+ months of scouring every accessible nook and cranny of history and corrupt patsies willingness to lie by Mueller and nothing on Trump yet? Given that, I'd say that actually IMPEACHING him (not starting a Civil War, but actually IMPEACHING him) is presently an INFINITE distance away.

Show us proof of an offense(s) that deserves impeachment; then we'll talk.

Talking like a Queen's cabbie, grabbing willing pussy, and being the exemplar of Politically Incorrect are not even crimes, much less impeachable crimes. In fact, most of the speculations about Trump's "wrong doings," do not involve actual CRIMES, and the few which do are probably not impeachable crimes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
It could be that an impeachable offense is whatever the house wants it to be. So I think impeachment is technically easy if the party wanting to impeach has a majority in the house.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 99  Next