maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh Supreme Court nominee
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
Sen. Gillibrand said in a tweet:

“Denying Dr. Ford an FBI investigation is silencing her. Forcing her into a sham hearing is silencing her. And pushing through Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation is silencing her.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bann ... encing-her

Giving a person the opportunity to speak is "silencing" them. :roll:

Whoever runs against Jellobrand next time around should have a ready source of quotes and soundbites to run against her.
Granted, she is running in New York and a Republican has little chance of actually beating her but they would sure make her look silly.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10210
chijohnaok wrote:

And because "a woman should always be believed", every allegation from a woman is credible...amirite?

If this is the case shouldn't Bill Clinton be in stocks in some Arkansas town square.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

The Dems have historically payed racial and ethnic groups against each other. Now they seem to have decided to play the many sexes against each other....women and in-betweens vs men.

This MIGHT work because the former group is larger than the latter but the problem is not all the women agree with this division.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14427
trumpf's summary

Quote:
... "Senator Feinstein and the Democrats held the letter for months, only to release it with a bang after the hearings were OVER - done very purposefully to Obstruct & Resist & Delay," Trump tweeted Friday. "Let her testify, or not, and TAKE THE VOTE!" ...

I think he nailed it ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Grassley sets a deadline to decide and Ford's lawyer asks for more time. Plus she doesn't want to take a plane. :lol: :lol:

It's complete bullcrap. Either she is an anxiety-wracked nut-case or she has too many advisors or it is all scheme from the start.

Time for Grassley to just say "f*** it" and schedule the vote.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Grassley sets a deadline to decide and Ford's lawyer asks for more time. Plus she doesn't want to take a plane. :lol: :lol:

It's complete bullcrap. Either she is an anxiety-wracked nut-case or she has too many advisors or it is all scheme from the start.

Time for Grassley to just say "f*** it" and schedule the vote.

Last I heard Greyhound and Amtrak are still running.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18257
Ppl who know im don't seem to have any problem answering questions. They say it's completely against his character to do anything of the sort. There is such a thing as being "above reproach".

I know a guy who does accounting. I've known im 20+ years. He would never steal a penny that is his consistent characteristic. If someone came to me and told me he stole. I flat out wouldn't believe it. He would never do that.

Ppl who've known Kavanaugh for 40 years seem to think just as highly of im.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... nsion.html

Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension

Quote:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley late Friday night granted another extension to Christine Blasey Ford to decide on whether she will testify to the committee.

The new deadline was unclear, but Ford had requested that a 10 p.m. ET Friday deadline be extended until Saturday.

Just before midnight ET, Grassley tweeted: “Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive.”

Grassley later added: “With all the extensions we give Dr Ford to decide if she still wants to testify to the Senate I feel like I’m playing 2nd trombone in the judiciary orchestra and Schumer is the conductor.”

You are being played Sen. Grassley.

I predict that there will be more delays, more demands.

It should be clear to anyone at this point what the Democrats are doing here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:16 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Christine Blasey Ford Will Drive Across Country Because She Doesn’t Like Airplanes

Earlier today Allahpundit looked at the negotiations taking place between Christina Blasey Ford and the Judiciary Committee. The GOP agreed to push the date to Wednesday but is requiring that Ford testify first. A Politico story published today points to one additional factor which is apparently motivating Ford to push the date of the hearing back as far as possible: She plans to drive cross country to the hearing in Washington, DC.

The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to the Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country to make the hearing. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/21/ ... airplanes/

SO she has a physical difficulty in making trips by plane.

According to the NY Times, after college she did an internship in Hawaii:
Quote:
Dr. Blasey developed a passion for surfing, which she shares with her husband and two sons. “She’s been chasing waves,” said Beth Stannard, a friend and former co-worker, who said Dr. Blasey’s decisions to teach at Pepperdine, in Malibu, Calif., and to complete an internship at the University of Hawaii were at least partly informed by the campuses’ seaside locations. She and her family live in Palo Alto — where she has volunteered for her sons’ schools and junior lifeguard training, has restored her midcentury modern home with an eye toward historical preservation, and has attended Stanford football and basketball games with her family. The family also has a house in Santa Cruz, famed for its beaches and breaks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/us/p ... tions.html

John McCormack had to ask the question:
Quote:
Did she take a boat there, or is this a another delay tactic by her lawyers/Senate Democrats?

https://twitter.com/McCormackJohn/statu ... 9065874434

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 am 
Sergeant Major

If you ever plan to motor east,
Travel my way, take the highway that's a beast.
Get your kicks on route six-six-six.

It winds from Palo Alto to the Senate,
In November try to win it.
Get your kicks on route six-six-six.

Now you go through Dick Durban
Don't wear no turban,
And Feinstein's mighty pretty.
You see Grassley,
Leahy, even Corey Booker,
Mazie Hirono.
Don't forget a kimono,
Lindsey, Whitehouse, Kamala Harris.

Won't you get hip to this timely tip:
When you make that DC trip
Get your kicks on route six-six-six

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 93  Next