maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh Supreme Court nominee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Now you see the wisdom of islam...no alcohol...no stumbling drunk...no attmepted rape...oh...wait...never mind

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Let's try a different tack, beat the Dems at their own game. They want to delay the vote until after the mid terms, let's give them what they want.
Senator Collins is an iffy Kavanough vote and so is Flake, so any finagling may lose their vote and Kavanaugh SC seat.

So delay until after the mid term which Dick Morris sez we should win win 4 to 5 seats:

Plus, I read someplace that Repubs flock to the polls when Supreme Court is an issue which should help ALL repubs house and senate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:55 am 
Sergeant Major

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... igate.html

Quote:
September 20, 2018

Ford vs. Kavanaugh: There's Nothing to Investigate

By Tom Trinko

The fact that Christine Blasey Ford is refusing to testify before Congress makes it clear that even she doesn't think she's credible.

But wait, you say: she's willing to testify after an FBI investigation.

The problem with that is that there is nothing to investigate. Christine Blasey Ford's claims don't involve rape; that's just her opinion of what was going on. She wasn't even undressed; her clothes weren't ripped; and once she got off the bed, the alleged rapist just let her walk away and eventually leave the house without any further problem. That's the worst-case scenario, assuming she's not lying. That sure sounds more like a drunk kid clumsily hitting on a girl who he thought was interested than a kid intent on raping a girl. It's bad, to be sure, but it's not "destroy a person's life decades later" bad.

Forget that for a moment. Let's assume that everything she's said is true. What could the FBI investigate?

The bureau would have to find every house in the area where there had been a party for teens over a period of several years and see if anyone remembered anything. Remember: not only doesn't Christine Blasey Ford remember the house that this amazingly traumatic event occurred in, but she's not even sure what year it was.

But what could any of those people remember? If Christine Blasey Ford isn't lying, there are only three possible witnesses: herself, Kavanaugh, and Judge. According to Christine Blasey Ford's account, whoever else – the number seems to be changing with time – was in the house would have no way of knowing if something had happened, since the stereo was too loud for anyone not in the room to hear her screams.

What Christine Blasey Ford is asking for is for the FBI to spend literally years tracking down every party anyone at Kavanaugh's or her high school went to over a span of several years decades ago. Then, having found nothing more than what we already know today – there are only three people who can be witnesses, according to Christine Blasey Ford, and we already know who they are – then and only then might Christine Blasey Ford be willing to testify.

Every sane person realizes that decades after an event such as what Christine Blasey Ford describes, the only evidence is the witnesses' testimony. We can't do a rape kit when there was no rape. We can't check for DNA when there was no sex. We can't check phone records when there were no cell phones.

Whether it's now or after an FBI investigation, it all boils down to the witnesses identified by Christine Blasey Ford. Kavanaugh has never been accused of such behavior before in his life and says it didn't happen. Judge says it didn't happen. And Christine Blasey Ford didn't even mention it to anyone for decades. When she did mention it, her claim was contradicted by the notes her therapist took. Which is more likely: he didn't understand what she was saying, or she desperately needs to change her story to attack Kavanaugh?

What Christine Blasey Ford and her Democrat enablers are asking is that we should allow her charges to go forward without her actually having to expose herself to perjury charges until after a years-long FBI investigation.

The FBI looked at her claim and said there was nothing to investigate. Either the Democrats have to say the FBI is incompetent, which will really undermine their war on Trump, or they have to accept that there is nothing to investigate.

It's clear that the Democrats are just trying to delay the vote so they can keep the Court as a tool to make up the laws that Democrats can't get passed through the democratic process.

It's time to end this farce. In every valid #MeToo case, the perpetrators harassed several women, and they harassed in the present, not just decades ago. All the Democrats have is one politically active leftist woman who can't even remember where the alleged assault occurred. She has a lot of incentive to lie and, until she is forced to testify under oath, no reason to tell the truth if it doesn't support her attack on Kavanaugh.

For those people who say we must believe the "victim," we can only point to the many cases where women have lied about being assaulted. Take the stripper in the Duke Lacrosse case, the college student in the Rolling Stone story, and Nikki Yovino. While leftists think we should just presume that every non-leftist man is guilty based on the uncorroborated claims of one woman, that's not how justice works. Women aren't always honest, and men aren't always rapists.

Everything about Christine Blasey Ford's actions – wanting to be able to accuse Kavanaugh anonymously, refusing to testify, not remembering the facts necessary to check her claims, waiting until after the last minute to come forward – is fundamentally different from the other #MeToo cases we've seen. Further, Kavanaugh is completely different from the perpetrators in other #MeToo cases. Women say he's a gentleman. No other accusations have surfaced since he was in high school. There is no pattern of harassment – only the word of one politically active woman who hates his adherence to the Constitution.

Ignoring for the moment the double standard that let Ted Kennedy to murder a woman and stay in politics but demands that Kavanaugh be cast into darkness based on the uncorroborated, denied, and full of problems claims of one woman, if Kavanaugh isn't appointed because of this, no conservative will ever be appointed again, because there will always be a leftist woman willing to lie so that she can make sure Americans can keep killing their unborn babies.

You can read more of Tom's rants at his blog, Conversations about the obvious, and feel free to follow him on Twitter.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... z5RdcOX0cv
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Susan Collins is REALLY getting from the Angry Left. If I were her that would just piss me off. Twitter has destroyed all civility in communications with members of Congress.

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins/stat ... 4509598721

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15927
The American Thinker piece is spot on. Sexual predators aren't one-offs. They're known to the student bodies at the high schools or colleges that they attend. There's never just one victim and there are often direct witnesses to the assaults. Sexual predators in high school in particular get off on public humiliation -- that is the whole POINT of what they do.

Thus, while I find Ms. Ford's claim plausible, absent corroborating witnesses and absent other victims, I find her story to be NOT credible.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Two months from now we find out there is a 53 year old Brett Kavanoff who works as the assistant city works manager for Chevy Chase Maryland and who was voted "most likely to be thrown in jail" 36 years ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

There is also this bit...kavanaugh's friend, judge, wrote a memoir of alcohol-induced blackouts in high school. if you were making up an allegation you would pick HIM as the accomplice. :lol:

Then, when he answer "I don't recall" everyone just snickers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

On high school groping.....by Sen. Cory Booker:

You can read more regarding this here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... oping.html

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8996
Quote:
Juanita Broaddrick Offers to Fill in for Christine Blasey Ford if She Can’t Make it on Monday

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... on-monday/

It's gotta make her blood boil after being treated like crap by the same folks that now say #believeallwomen.

Back then saying something like "If you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find" was the way to handle a "bimbo eruption".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:18 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
CatLover7 wrote:
Quote:
Juanita Broaddrick Offers to Fill in for Christine Blasey Ford if She Can’t Make it on Monday

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... on-monday/

It's gotta make her blood boil after being treated like crap by the same folks that now say #believeallwomen.

Back then saying something like "If you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find" was the way to handle a "bimbo eruption".
So true.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 983 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 99  Next