maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kavanaugh Supreme Court nominee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:46 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
I was pleased liberals were enraged. Of course it's a low bar, since they're always enraged.

#go fuck yourselves

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/stat ... 3180738560

:lol:

Franken should know by now that he should go back to writing jokes or whatever it was that he did before his term in Congress (or was Franken's post a joke to start with?)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/ ... ats-734360

Quote:
McConnell issues Supreme Court ultimatum

The Senate GOP leader is vowing to squeeze Democrats with a vote on Brett Kavanaugh right before the midterms if they don’t back down on their demand for documents.

By ELANA SCHOR and BURGESS EVERETT 07/20/2018 05:00 AM EDT Updated 07/20/2018 10:15 AM EDT

Mitch McConnell has a warning for Democrats demanding copious documents on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh: Be careful what you wish for.

The Senate majority leader privately told senior Republicans on Wednesday that if Democrats keep pushing for access to upwards of a million pages in records from President Donald Trump’s high court pick, he’s prepared to let Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote slip until just before November’s midterm elections, according to multiple sources.

Delaying the vote past September would serve a dual purpose for McConnell, keeping vulnerable red-state Democrats off the campaign trail while potentially forcing anti-Kavanaugh liberals to swallow a demoralizing defeat just ahead of the midterms. Senators said McConnell believes the Democratic base will be “deflated” if they raise hopes of defeating Kavanaugh only to lose just days before the election.

Continued at above link

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:35 am 
buck private

Ann Coulter: Trump-Putin Hysteria Will Be ‘Nothing Compared’ to Trump Replacing Ruth Bader Ginsburg
https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... -ginsburg/

Do you think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:09 am 
Sergeant Major

Ruthie has PUBLICLY criticized Trump personally. She is Womb Warrior and everyone knows it. The Constitution is a mere impediment to "doing the right thing".

She will try to hold on until 2020 but the Great Totanka may not cooperate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
I cannot quite make out what is so reprehensible about this Kavanaugh guy? Is it the abortion thing only?

I've never had a strong opinion about abortion; I was saved from experiencing a very different life as a result of one when I was only 17, so that has always put it into a 'positive' light for me. But on the other hand, as a human biologist I cannot escape the reality that: a human life begins at the time of conception and so any interference in that developmental process IS killing a human life, or a potential one anyway. I don't think they should be completely inaccessible, but then I don't think they should be so accessible that they are treated like an alternative to birth control.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:28 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
I cannot quite make out what is so reprehensible about this Kavanaugh guy? Is it the abortion thing only?

I've never had a strong opinion about abortion; I was saved from experiencing a very different life as a result of one when I was only 17, so that has always put it into a 'positive' light for me. But on the other hand, as a human biologist I cannot escape the reality that: a human life begins at the time of conception and so any interference in that developmental process IS killing a human life, or a potential one anyway. I don't think they should be completely inaccessible, but then I don't think they should be so accessible that they are treated like an alternative to birth control.

Similar experience & thoughts here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:21 am 
buck private

Anthropoid wrote:

They don't like Kavanaugh because he's Conservative, will reverse all the Obama era+ advances made by Dems.

Same for Trump, he and his appointees are setting back Progressive-ism, like the SC decision on Union dues.

Abortion is a major rallying cry, most their other causes are aimed at specific groups, abortion cuts across all women's groups. They can get every female group to rally for it. Not the same for Black Lives matter, or Gay rights.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Abortion is the rallying cry for 2018 and fundraising. The thing is Trump DID unequivocally declare his opposition to abortion during the campaign and even publish a list of potential judges, but the bigger threat to the Left is the potential application of a Scalia-inspired philosophy of "originalism" (basically, this means not making shit up).

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next