maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: crackhead swop shop.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
My bro buys stuff through the Internet local swap shop whatever they call it. Anyway he wants a juicer from a person about 1 mile from me in Cape. I told im I'd pick it up to save im the trip

So my mission:
Go to x address, exchange 15 bean for 1 used juicer. Bro gave me a 20, extra 5 bean goes to me for, shipping and handling or whatever. Nothing other than that is going to happen.

Got there. Gave a 20 for juicer, she gives me juicer and is headed back in! :o :

WHOA! MY BRO SAID IT'S 15.

sorry I don't have change.

OH WELL. MAYBE SOME OTHER TIME THEN
:+: give back juicer. take back 20. walking to car :+:

wait wait !!11 I'll find the change

AIGHT

:+: 2-3 mins later comes out w/ 3 ones, and a bunch of nickels and pennies. :+:

Then she lectures me about having her count out pennies, says it's no way to conduct bidness :lol: Then she tells me my brother is rude, made her wait 4 days, and to tell him she deserves extra 5 just for the aggravation :lol:

I'm scratching my head wondering if paying someone their change in pennies might be rather ruder than a person expecting 5 back? But I was so amused, inside I was LOLing - smiled and was polite to her: "HAVE A NICE DAY :) "

She wants me to lecture my brother about his poor bidness practices of expecting the price of 15 to be 15 I guess. I'm tellin this to y'all b/c I got to tell somebody and I'm not saying a word of it to my brother. Far as he's concerned everything went cool like Disney World, I'm not going to bend his ear just b/c some crack head crazy woman wants her say.

thank you

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: crackhead swop shop.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
C_S wrote:
My bro buys stuff through the Internet local swap shop whatever they call it. Anyway he wants a juicer from a person about 1 mile from me in Cape. I told im I'd pick it up to save im the trip

So my mission:
Go to x address, exchange 15 bean for 1 used juicer. Bro gave me a 20, extra 5 bean goes to me for, shipping and handling or whatever. Nothing other than that is going to happen.

Got there. Gave a 20 for juicer, she gives me juicer and is headed back in! :o :

WHOA! MY BRO SAID IT'S 15.

sorry I don't have change.

OH WELL. MAYBE SOME OTHER TIME THEN
:+: give back juicer. take back 20. walking to car :+:

wait wait !!11 I'll find the change

AIGHT

:+: 2-3 mins later comes out w/ 3 ones, and a bunch of nickels and pennies. :+:

Then she lectures me about having her count out pennies, says it's no way to conduct bidness :lol: Then she tells me my brother is rude, made her wait 4 days, and to tell him she deserves extra 5 just for the aggravation :lol:

I'm scratching my head wondering if paying someone their change in pennies might be rather ruder than a person expecting 5 back? But I was so amused, inside I was LOLing - smiled and was polite to her: "HAVE A NICE DAY :) "

She wants me to lecture my brother about his poor bidness practices of expecting the price of 15 to be 15 I guess. I'm tellin this to y'all b/c I got to tell somebody and I'm not saying a word of it to my brother. Far as he's concerned everything went cool like Disney World, I'm not going to bend his ear just b/c some crack head crazy woman wants her say.

thank you

Glad that worked out...after the drama.

I’ve never done any sort of deals like that as I have read/heard too many stories about such deals that turned out badly (like one party getting robbed).

The Hillsborough County Sheriff finally set it up that people doing such deals could come down to the parking lot of the local Sheriff’s office to make their exchanges.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8391
I'm glad the story had a happy ending. I was worried for a minute.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
:lol:

Yes, I was expecting a guy with a scraggly beard and a leather vest to emerge with a pump-action

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:46 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11853
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where you got that 20 bucks US?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:22 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
I mean.. crackhead or not, does anyone ever really keep enough variety of bills on them, anymore, in order to make change? I certainly don't.

I wouldn't have expected them to break a twenty. In order to have the whole five, I would've at least stopped somewhere & got something cheap, such as a beverage, in order to get the exact $15 and keep the rest. All works out evenly, no fuss.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Cole, you're right of course. I concluded the same and already changed my policy. From now on I'll show up at crackhead swop shop w/ the correct sum.

Normally the deals are great though so it's worth messing w/. Bought a practically brand new water heater for $75, it's the one we hooked up it works perfect, saved about 300 beans. This woman is the first nutter I've run into, most swap shop ppl aren't crack heads, mostly decent ppl w/ something of value they want cash for. It's not called swap shop it's a craigslist dealio. There's several available whichever one he uses.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
C_S wrote:
Cole, you're right of course. I concluded the same and already changed my policy. From now on I'll show up at crackhead swop shop w/ the correct sum.

Normally the deals are great though so it's worth messing w/. Bought a practically brand new water heater for $75, it's the one we hooked up it works perfect, saved about 300 beans. This woman is the first nutter I've run into, most swap shop ppl aren't crack heads, mostly decent ppl w/ something of value they want cash for. It's not called swap shop it's a craigslist dealio. There's several available whichever one he uses.

Got my extra full-size fridge for around 30 bucks via someone wanting to get rid of it on craigslist. Has worked damn good, other than the ice maker having died long ago (happens with all of them). Got years of use, now passing it on to new owners for many more.

Hope I don't have to buy any more appliances for awhile after I'm done moving, but it's often worth checking out available used ones innit? :D