New Guy: The First Big Meme Of The Decade

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

New Guy: The First Big Meme Of The Decade

#1 Post by Mac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls is a comic strip written and drawn by a tranny named Mallorie Jessica Udischas, and depicts the ups and downs of living life as a trap with the author self-inserted as the protagonist.

A recent entry in the series shows them laughing to a co-worker, who wears a nametag saying "New Guy", about a "millionaire gamer-bro douchebag" who got robbed", a clear reference to the robbery of Pewdiepie's home last month. The New Guy asks them how would they like it if they were robbed, to which they sarcastically reply that they and the New Guy will never be friends.

5a1.jpg
5a1.jpg (134.44 KiB) Viewed 61 times
While the comic drew backlash from people who read the comic as the author laughing at PewDiePie's misfortune, others began to sympathize with the "new guy" character, creating fan art emphasizing his apparent wholesomeness, and soon this was spreading across the Twitter and then the rest of the internet, making it the first big meme or the year and the decade.

Faced with the backlash the artist made a sarky tweet before making their Twitter page private.

1578901375662.jpg
1578901375662.jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 61 times
1578912558173.png
1578912558173.png (374.2 KiB) Viewed 61 times
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Mac
First Sergeant

Re: New Guy: The First Big Meme Of The Decade

#2 Post by Mac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Pewdiepie recently responded to the New Guy meme himself...
Felix “PewDiePie” Kjellberg recently responded to the emergence of the “New Guy” meme that has been spread across the internet at the start of the year.

PewDiePie and wife Marzia had recently been the victim of a robbery, losing a large portion of their valuables. That incident, in turn, inspired the controversial comic which created the New Guy meme and appears to have been interpreted completely opposite to the artist’s intended message — including by PewDiePie himself.

The webcomic depicted its protagonist laughing at the recent news that PewDiePie and Marzia’s house had been burgled. The protagonist’s co-worker, ‘New Guy,’ lambasts her for doing so, before she informs him that they won’t be friends as a result. Many online responded by drawing their own comics praising New Guy, transforming the character into a meme that has been circulated across social media.

“I really like [the New Guy meme’s] message,” PewDiePie began. “’cause, I don’t know anything about this person who wrote this webcomic and I really highly don’t want anyone to seek out this person or anything like that. I think it’s more — the point here is that, to react in a way that is so… I don’t want to ‘Boo hoo, me,’ or whatever, I’m looking at this outside of my own context. But the fact that people who react in this way about something unjust happening to someone. To me it’s not normal. I feel like it’s not normal behavior to react this way.”

“[It’s] not about the money, it’s about the personal space,” PewDiePie explained. “And it’s weird how no one understands that. And that’s what New Guy is saying. It’s like, you wouldn’t like it if it happened to you.”

While many used the New Guy meme to promote empathy, some failed to mimic this in their own actions, causing the comic’s creator to withdraw from social media as a result of online harassment she received.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/game-cul ... e-reaction
1578901509074.png
1578901509074.png (298.02 KiB) Viewed 59 times
What a waste...

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

It's always amusing when someone's meme backfires.

:)
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

CatLover7
Sergeant

#4 Post by CatLover7 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 pm
Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls is a comic strip written and drawn by a tranny named Mallorie Jessica Udischas, and depicts the ups and downs of living life as a trap with the author self-inserted as the protagonist.
OK, so the purple-haired chick in the comic is supposed to represent the author and those are her true feelings re: the victim of a robbery?

I guess it's good of her to let the world know how twisted she can be.
"Trump 2020 baby!"

Mac
First Sergeant

#5 Post by Mac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:29 pm

The artist in real life, note the big hands...

What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#6 Post by jack t ripper » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 pm

It seems purposely misandrist. I don't think it's a coincidence the guy looks somewhat phallic in geography
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by jack t ripper » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Ah, a self-loathing tranny. Makes my head spin.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Mac
First Sergeant

#8 Post by Mac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:59 pm

This one must hurt, New Guy and Pewdiepie hanging out and having fun together. It must suck having your own creation turned against you. :lol:

1578934744655.jpg
1578934744655.jpg (109.85 KiB) Viewed 37 times
What a waste...

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#9 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Seems likely to me that someone who is so displeased with the plumbing and hormones the genetic lotto gave them that they insist on redefining their identity to contradict that biological endowment is likely to remain a miserable person, whether they get their plumbing and hormones reconfigured or not.

Not me though. Even though I've always known I should've been born with rotary blades, 30mm cannons and AMG1 Hellfire missiles in place of arms legs and head, I've realized that being an attack helicopter is impossible and it would be retarded. In sum, I found peace with myself without transitioning outwardly to the attack helicopter I am inside.