maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: medicinal marijuana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:26 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5144
Well Chicken, alcoholic neuropathy is the absolute end of the fucking party.... no doubt about that... It sounds like you're in the necessary frame of mind....

stop drinking or die..... It's the most effective quitting program of all time.... Aren't you a fitness buff ? You need to focus on that part of yourself..... start eating the right stuff and taking vitamins.... get your exercise routine going and don't look back. A lot of people before you have done it.... you can too.... It's completely and entirely possible to turn you back into you when you were 30 years old..... Wouldn't that feel incredible ? Do it.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
C_S wrote:
Don't want to derail y'alls thread or anything :twisted: Been over a week w/o one drop of alcohol, bitches. Feet still hurt as bad but I feel better, more energy. Sleeping, eating better. It takes the state forever to process paperwork so it'll be at least 2 weeks until I can go full Zen.

Well done, sir! 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14970
You will still think about it and occasionally "pine for" it for a long time. But every day that you stay sober it gets easier and better.

Other day I was running an errand in the truck and in the back of my mind that little diminished part of my psyche pipsqueaked up "Hey that gas station that sells the Bavarian lager you like is right up here . . ." My ego or consciousness or whatever it is that is in (or thinks it is in) the driver's seat was like "Oh yeah that does . . . WHAT!? Why the fuck would I want a six pack!? Shut up and crawl back into the amygdala!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
Shut up and crawl back into the amygdala!"

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:33 am 
Sergeant Major

I agree with Gump. Florida offers good opportunities for outdoor exercise. Of course you will have to get up at oh-dark-thrity when it isn't 110 with 100% humidity.

Maybe a kayak or a road bike. Watch out for gators.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:25 am 
Sergeant Major

I like to indulge myself in the smug satisfaction that we "recovered" (or at least on long-term hiatus) addicts are "better" than all these squares who never went to excess at anything and never faced the strenuous challenge of reforming their own foibles, or at least canalizing them into less self-destructive, and perhaps even more-productive pathways. We are like Dante who has passed through all the circles of Inferno, thence through purgatorio and finally to paradiso.

Had I continued with my academic pursuits, addiction and stress were going to be the continued focus, and I had in mind an idea that "addiction" is an adaptation--or at least that the facultative traits and capacities which contribute to addiction form an adaptation for we humans (and to some extent other animals). The flint-knapper who spends hours breaking rocks, despite the hazards and discomforts, the tracker who endures the exhaustion and frustration of the hunt, the explorer who always seeks for that which is unknown just over the next hill, the orator who fumbles for the most meme-worthy phrases and tropes and later in human cultural evolution many other related disciplines (math, literature, science, music) . . . the musician who spends hours and hours practicing, the marksman who diligently regiments their entire life in order to perfect their craft . . . I suspect there is something of the addict in all these avocations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Not drinking. Am approved, and got mm license numbers today. I print this out and w/ ID go to dispensary tomorrow. Very interested to see what's the dealio.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:03 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757

I got the sour diesel and memory loss brands. Indica for night and sativa for day. There's also a hybrid to try. I use vape pen. It'll take a few months to find out what I like the best. Using some of the higher THC levels. To replace alcohol I smoke for effect. Don't need no CBD. I'm not sure what is the most powerful delivery of THC but I'll figure it out. Want to try pills or eating it b/c that, I'm told is very effective and long lasting

I'm not high right now I'll vape some later maybe. president Trump is going to lift fedril gobmint ban so in FL it will probably be completely legal in a few years anyway. It should be legal already.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am 
Sergeant Major

When medical MJ was approved here we had a tremendous outbreak of glaucoma for some odd reason. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Of course I never inhaled, but based on the description in the fine print, that shit always made me feel like I was an insane zombie. NOT my drug of choice. Cocaine sounds like it could be fun and addictive though!

Still no Medical Cocaine is there?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next