maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: medicinal marijuana
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 17270

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: medicinal marijuana
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:31 pm 
First Sergeant

Just met w/ a nuerological doctor. I want to know if I drink b/c my nerves are bad, or if my nerves are bad b/c I drink.

The doctor was very polite and professional, but I could tell he was disgusted and annoyed. Pretty clear:

stop. drinking. now.

Got home, poured all my booze down the drain. had one beer left, I really gritted my teeth pouring that one down the drain. the last one, and there she goes swirling down the drain. So that's it then. No mas w/ the drinking.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
Based on my experience, you can beat the psychological "addition" with will power ... some people can beat the physical "addiction" with will power as well ... but if you feel an "urge" try having another cup of tea or coffee ... sort of a substitute.

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:12 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
The old adage 'Quitting drinking/smoking is easy', it's staying quit that's hard.'

My advice is get professional help, ain't talking high priced professionals. Try AA or your local minister. You don't have to be a practicing Christian to get help from your local church, if they say you do ... they ain't worth your time.

Talk to your friends, like here, they'll give you all kinds of different advice, some conflicting. Listen to all.

Remember us humans are different, everyone of us and so are alkies, like me, I was a session drunk, could go years without thinking about a drink, then one day ...! whoopie and I be drunk until my body revolted tried kicking me out.

How did I quit, 30 years ago I woke up saying to myself 'I don't need to drink.' and have been sober since.

Am I cured 'HELL NO!'.

As an added bit, take a look at this Chris Pratt video:
Quote:
Watch Actor Chris Pratt Preach the Gospel in Under Four Minutes at the MTV Awards
By Nicole Russell June 19, 2018
https://pjmedia.com/faith/watch-actor-c ... tv-awards/
The video is at the bottem of the page.

Peasants hate you. As lord of your realm, you engaged in brutal treachery, and defended your land against marauding armies, they are still not happy. Maybe you shouldn't have poured hot oil on their heads?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14095
My method for "curing" my alcoholism was to drink so damn much in my 20s and 30s that by the time I got to my 40s the hangovers were nearly incapacitatingly agonizing: high tolerance, high consumption threshold, but physiology that is suffering the long-term effects of over exposure!

Be aware this has been known to kill people! :P

If it wasn't for the hangovers, I'd get buzzed every damn night.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5019
Addiction is a natural result of your auto pilot system. It's easy to realize that you want to quit when it's part of your conscious thoughts... It's the things you do unconsciously that cause you to fail.

The secret to not allowing your subconscious to sabotage you is to make that desire to change a constant mantra in your head... don't go a minute without thinking about it and reaffirming your desire to quit... Not easy to do... but if you can keep yourself "conscious" it's very possible to eventually beat the urge. Like tying a string around your finger.... find a totem that reminds you constantly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 pm 
First Sergeant

thx

It's not a matter of 'Ive decided to quit'. It's not a choice, its a matter of fact. My feet are so bad I can't stand it anymore. Even when resting in bed my feet tingle and it's hard to walk. Absolutely no choice but to quit. Its been over 24 hrs. A little shaky but eating ok. I'm not going to count days b/c it doesn't matter.

Meeting monday to get my card. My primary care doctor brought it up. I didn't ask about it, she asked me if I think I'd try Medical marijuana. She told me to go across the street, see the doctor there and get some. Alright.

Me and my bro were joking about it. Tell the doctor I like Grape Ape in the mornings, Kush Kush w/ lunch. And depending on if I'm having red meat or white meat dinner, its Sour Diesel or 9lb Hammer. Plushberry w/ dessert before bed time. I don't think it works like that. I think they have it in pill form, patches, vapes, and stuff under the tongue. Since the 11th is legal to smoke in FL so can prolly buy buds. I'll see whats the dealio on monday.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:06 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
Do what you can to help yourself ... we need you.

Best Andy.

Peasants hate you. As lord of your realm, you engaged in brutal treachery, and defended your land against marauding armies, they are still not happy. Maybe you shouldn't have poured hot oil on their heads?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
In some ways, MJ is less lethal than yeast shit but it has its problems as well. I would recommend trying to find joy in your interactions with fellow human beings and nature. This probably means avoiding Target. ;) I have a very personal reason to advise you to quit alcohol (1st wife :| ).

You are in Florida, what about fishing? Harvesting crabs or sea scallops? Wind surfing? Kayaking? SCUBA diving? Fly-fishing for bone fish in the flats (insanely fun). Deep sea fishing? You hook into a 400 lb marlin and you will shit your drawers. Not sure about the opportunities on the Gulf side but there has to be something. Learn how to serve "blackened X". Almost any fish tastes good with Chef Prudomme's "Magic Seasoning Blend" and a hot skillet.

Of course, you might want to watch portion sizes because the guy was fatter than a Kobe beef and died young.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:18 am 
First Sergeant

Not a drop of drinking since wed. It's not a choice, so no big test of willpower.

Went to the doctor this morning. In a couple weeks I can go to dispensary and get what I want. I'll use under tongue oil lasts 6 hours, and a vaporizer if I need an extra punch. Can choose THC levels. And no more booze. This is going to make me a much happier, healthier person.

Profile E-mail