maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Night in Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:22 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
EUBanana wrote:
Funny, got these messages from my Swedish friend. As he's not on here I shall copy/pasta...

Let me guess, he votes (sd) and takes a favourable view of Putin's Russia. :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:
Funny, got these messages from my Swedish friend. As he's not on here I shall copy/pasta...

Let me guess, he votes (sd) and takes a favourable view of Putin's Russia. :P

No and no.

I think he likes Germany about as much as he likes Russia though. And when I said I'd been to the Riksdag he asked me if I pissed on it or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am 
Staff Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
And when I said I'd been to the Riksdag...

Sounds a bit like an anti-democrat then. :lol:

For those that might not now; Riksdag = Swedish parliament.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Someone who doesn’t like Stockholm and the ruling classes much.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
...Stockholm and the ruling classes much.

That by no means makes one special in the north. It's not even a mark of a right winger. ;)

But, obviously, Putin does not care if his useful idiots in Sweden are right or left, as long as they do what they can to undermine the psycological defence of the Swedish nation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
That by no means makes one special in the north. It's not even a mark of a right winger. ;)

I never said he was! that was you. ;)

Believe it or not I don't really talk politics with him much. The politics happens here, not while I got better things to do.

Quote:
But, obviously, Putin does not care if his useful idiots in Sweden are right or left, as long as they do what they can to undermine the psycological defence of the Swedish nation.

Well, naturally!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:26 am 
Staff Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
I never said he was!

The idea that the Russian propaganda effort does not really exist and is brought up by "the rulers" as a means to divert attention or create support for "the rulers" usually belongs with the right. That was what he meant, I take it...?

The left tend to also be Putin friendly but their argument is usually based on "But what-about the USA!!!!" (sort of Putin's actions are justified because of the evil USA).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:51 am 
Sergeant Major

I think he just thinks politicians are a bunch of scum bags, like any reasonable fairly apolitical person the world over. I don’t think he even votes.

It’s good to see that the fight against Putin’s tentacles has at least one bright star in the subarctic though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 pm 
Staff Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
I think he just thinks politicians are a bunch of scum bags, like any reasonable fairly apolitical person the world over.

Quote:
The largest single global study measuring citizens’ trust in government indicates democracies are facing a severe crisis of faith in the eyes of the public. The Democracy Perception Index 2018 (DPI) finds that a majority of people living in democracies are disillusioned with the idea that their government is formed “by the people” and works “for the people.”

http://www.allianceofdemocracies.org/initiatives/the-copenhagen-democracy-summit/press-release-dpi/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
The largest single global study measuring citizens’ trust in government indicates democracies are facing a severe crisis of faith in the eyes of the public. The Democracy Perception Index 2018 (DPI) finds that a majority of people living in democracies are disillusioned with the idea that their government is formed “by the people” and works “for the people.”

http://www.allianceofdemocracies.org/initiatives/the-copenhagen-democracy-summit/press-release-dpi/[/quote]

Well, I hope the Swedish government will be making sure to excise this cancer in the body of the nation that festers up in the subarctic, then!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next