maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The health swamp triangle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I have learned not to watch videos you post because they are almost partisan bullshit.

I did like the Bucatini all'Amatraciana video. People can't believe you can make something that good so fast with such simple ingredients.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1334
jack t ripper wrote:
I have learned not to watch videos you post because they are almost partisan bullshit.

I did like the Bucatini all'Amatraciana video. People can't believe you can make something that good so fast with such simple ingredients.

You don't watch even Fox News videos I post? :roll:

Because you suspect there something you don't like to know. :roll:

That is a nice strategy. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

I hardly watch any videos here anymore because the bandwith is so crappy at home and work.

I am ready to fire ATT and we need new browsers at work. IE7 is not cutting it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
I hardly watch any videos here anymore because the bandwith is so crappy at home and work.

I am ready to fire ATT and we need new browsers at work. IE7 is not cutting it.

Net neutrality. :lol:

I have 50M for 5€ per month, 100M for 10€ if I need. How about you? ;)

The World Cup is about to start, so may be I will upgrade, if I need.

Pity the poor Dr. Ripper. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Keep in mind Nero's thinking: If NYC gets nuked he'll gloat and chuckle. Not enough wit to realize how bad it would be for Sweden as well. He's not "the sharpest knife in the drawer". An old American saying. I laugh through my nose on accident every time I read his sig line:

Quote:
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

lol. He's so cocksure of imself. gesh.

oh the irony

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9407
I watched the first video. It is interesting to see that on Fox News. I would have thought to see that on a leftist media, not on that channel. It is maybe because I don't know how Fox News exactly works, and I am too influenced by the other media which speak about Fox News.

Or, if it is new on that channel, it is interesting again to see how the conservatives turn in the US. It seems that the Republican Party might be influenced by its electorate. After all, Trump was elected by the popular vote, who is a victim of the swamp described by the video. The Republican Party is going to be the party of the lower class :) But of course, if it is normal on Fox News, forget what I said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Keep in mind Nero's thinking: If NYC gets nuked he'll gloat and chuckle. Not enough wit to realize how bad it would be for Sweden as well. He's not "the sharpest knife in the drawer". An old American saying. I laugh through my nose on accident every time I read his sig line:

Quote:
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

lol. He's so cocksure of imself. gesh.

oh the irony

I am sure of things I know. :mrgreen:

I just know much more than you know. ;)

I am full of doubt about thing is I don't well enough.

And you trust Trump. :lol:

But did you watch the videos? :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Naw I'm still laughing about you telling a doctor to watch videos you posted to learn about his bidness. You're laughing stock, dude. I don't care.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

I watched most of the first video. Some of what he says is true. Some of it is deliberately parsed.

Things that are definitely true:

--Drug companies lobby the Congress VERY aggressively. Both parties.
--Drug companies engage in anti-competitive behaviors frequently...like buying up generic manufacturers or patenting combo drugs when a patent runs out.
--Drug companies have, at times engaged in deceptive marketing...probably the best example is Perdue
--Medicare has been artificially constrained by the Congress against aggressively pushing back on pharmacy costs. This seems like evil-doing by the Congress but if you ask me it is chiefly because they are afraid to death of seniors, who expect everything for free and don't want restrictions on which medicines are covered. The obvious market solution to expensive medications is for Medicare to not cover expensive medications. This is essentially what national health systems like the National Health Service in the UK does. Any Congressman who proposes such a thing will get his ass thrown out of the Congress.
--The use of "discount coupons" by drug makers to "help" commercially insured patients buy their expensive shit is really a cynical ploy to force insurers to cover the medications at full cost.

And THE WORSE thing is pharmacy reps used to be fantastically hot looking women...now they aren't :lol: I don't even see reps in the office any more. If they bring lunch for the office and have samples I need to demonstrate to patients (mostly new and fantastically effective asthma inhalers, insulin pens etc. etc) I will go up and get some

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Some of it is deliberately parsed.

I assume you can give examples. ;)

And watch the other two videos, please.

I have watched several other swamp watch videos, and some details I can buy, some not.

But as for health care in the US, the main problem is that the profit is primary, the care secondary, IMHO.

Profile E-mail