maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The health swamp triangle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:14 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Health care specific swamp watch trilogy about the biggest industry by far in the US.

Especially dedicated to Dr. Ripper. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The health swamp triangle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11978
Your blaming the wrong people. The American people didn't want Obamacare. The Dems used a parliamentary trick to pass it.

We had the best health care in the world, people were coming from all over for our health care. Expensive but good, all we needed to do was make the insurance competitive by making it nation wide.

Then Obama screwed it up.

Our present problem is how to how to sort out the mess Obama made.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
Your blaming the wrong people. The American people didn't want Obamacare. The Dems used a parliamentary trick to pass it.

We had the best health care in the world, people were coming from all over for our health care. Expensive but good, all we needed to do was make the insurance competitive by making it nation wide.

Then Obama screwed it up.

Our present problem is how to how to sort out the mess Obama made.

:lol:

Sometimes I just have to wonder if you are just kidding, or are really so ignorant you as you seem to be. :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11978
nero wrote:

Sometimes I just have to wonder if you are just kidding, or are really so ignorant you as you seem to be. :?
From you that's a compliment, thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
nero wrote:

From you that's a compliment, thank you.

Ignorance is bliss.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Just signed up for o'bamacare 60 bn/mo. Which works to less than I'll be fined until 2019.

Anyway, Nero, since you're clearly an expert; I'll call you instead of the provider if I have any legal questions regarding what's covered and what not. Thanks, man. It's good to know I can talk to someone directly who understands all of this, and can help me decide what to do.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Abrad's got a point.

The big corporate interests & middle men profiting on high medical costs are also the same cronies lobbying congress to continue stifling competitive markets for services & pharmaceuticals.

It's not coincidence that heavy gov't restrictions and forcefully limited markets caused by imposed border restrictions, all salted with corporate favoritism in the US gov't and enacted by decrees from 'oversight' administrations such as the FDA, have made our healthcare more expensive. The medical industry has been lousy with profiteers all trying to get a piece. This situation has been part of the swamp for awhile.

Another reason for us regular Americans to appreciate Trump's approach in yet another issue that most of the DC elites haven't bothered to address because it would piss off their big financial backers or just be too much trouble for something they don't have to worry about so much as the rest of us.

Here's our Troll-In-Chief announcing that the Big Pharma and Insurance company lobbyists, who spend massive amounts of money keeping this overpriced status quo, can fuck right off. More importantly, that he intends to do something about it instead of giving them more power to further control the system, as happened during the previous presidency. ~>>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Abrad's got a point.

The big corporate interests & middle men profiting on high medical costs are also the same cronies lobbying congress to continue stifling competitive markets for services & pharmaceuticals.

It's not coincidence that heavy gov't restrictions and forcefully limited markets caused by imposed border restrictions, all salted with corporate favoritism in the US gov't and enacted by decrees from 'oversight' administrations such as the FDA, have made our healthcare more expensive. The medical industry has been lousy with profiteers all trying to get a piece. This situation has been part of the swamp for awhile.

Another reason for us regular Americans to appreciate Trump's approach in yet another issue that most of the DC elites haven't bothered to address because it would piss off their big financial backers or just be too much trouble for something they don't have to worry about so much as the rest of us.

Here's our Troll-In-Chief announcing that the Big Pharma and Insurance company lobbyists, who spend massive amounts of money keeping this overpriced status quo, can fuck right off. More importantly, that he intends to do something about it instead of giving them more power to further control the system, as happened during the previous presidency. ~>>

I saw the Trump speech, I was impressed. Let's see how it is going to come true. ;)

Anything to address the three ends of the healthcare triangle: pharma, hospitals, or insurance. You can report in this thread if anything real is happening. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
It is true that Obamacare was a gift-wrapped ribeye bone for the pharmaceutical wolves. To a lesser extent, so is Medicare.

MediCal patients will actually schedule on office visit (for zero copay) to get a prescription for non-prescription Tylenol (for free) whereas anyone else would pay $3 to buy the crap while they were shopping for artichokes.

Even commercial insurance patients will whine like bitches if they have to pay a $30 copayment for their asthma medication that allows them breathe for a month. :roll: $1 a day to be able to walk 100 yds without wheezing. Seems like a good deal to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
It is true that Obamacare was a gift-wrapped ribeye bone for the pharmaceutical wolves. To a lesser extent, so is Medicare.

MediCal patients will actually schedule on office visit (for zero copay) to get a prescription for non-prescription Tylenol (for free) whereas anyone else would pay $3 to buy the crap while they were shopping for artichokes.

Even commercial insurance patients will whine like bitches if they have to pay a $30 copayment for their asthma medication that allows them breathe for a month. :roll: $1 a day to be able to walk 100 yds without wheezing. Seems like a good deal to me.

Whatever, but how true it is what you say.

But then Billy Tauzin's contribution, medicare can not negotiate for lower prices. And how much Tauzin pocketed? :roll:

Talk about a swamp. The biggest swamp in the US is the healthcare swamp. The whole congress is corrupted. :twisted:

Let's see what will Trump do. My guess is more swampy politics. :(

Be happy with the swamp you got. :roll:

PS. Did you watch all three videos, Dr. Ripper?

Profile E-mail