maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SCOTUS rulings
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:51 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 9996
chijohnaok wrote:
From the Morning Rant at Ace of Spades:

Quote:
The Morning Rant

—OregonMuse

"OK, I'm going to say something that probably won't win me too many friends around here, but nevertheless, I think we need to give credit where credit is due. Namely, a word of thanks is in order to Yertle the Turtle Mitch McConnell. Why? Because he held the line after the death of Scalia. I honestly didn't think he would. Oh, I knew he'd go through the motions but eventually, when the Democratic Noise Machine got loud enough, he'd cave. I expected to turn on CNN any morning to hear that he capitulated and voted to confirm Garland. But he DIDN'T!! Can you believe that? Mitch basically pulled his head into his shell, stood his ground and ran out the clock on the Obama administration. And now, ta-daaah, we have Gorsuch. Now of course the Democrats are frothing with outragey outrage about this, as if they wouldn't have done the same damn thing to an outgoing Republican president, so screw them. And yes, thank Trump for appointing Gorsuch, but thank McConnell for making his appointment possible. The positive rulings that will come out of the courts that will benefit our country greatly have only just begun."

Given the string of recent 5-4 decisions, this rant is spot on and Sen. McConnell does warrant credit for having held the line on the confirmation of Garland.

That the balance of the Supreme Court hangs on such a razor thin margin is concerning.

I'll give McConnell some credit but the Dems should be blaming Obama. He punted on 2nd down. He was already in lazy mode and concentrating on how to line his pockets. Obama knew that Hillary was going to be the next prez. His boys & girls in the Justice Department had it covered if by some miracle the Republican nominee got close. Then, on 11/9, it all went to shit...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:20 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Yes. excellent point. That does explain why the Left is so angry at McConnell now. At the time they were annoyed with him but certainly all figured that the orange clown would never be President. :lol: Certainly Hussein had the living shit surprised out of him. Then, not only do they not win the Senate back but the 99% favorite horse's ass LOSES. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They lose the WH, Hussein's "legacy" is screwed AND Trump appoints a replacement for Alito. McConnell is revealed to be a brilliant sooth sayer. :lol:

Ah, what great pleasure life can bring.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:21 am 
Sergeant Major

At this point I would like to say a thank you to Joseph, Mary, Jesus and all his carpenter friends.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
jack t ripper wrote:
Yes. excellent point. That does explain why the Left is so angry at McConnell now. At the time they were annoyed with him but certainly all figured that the orange clown would never be President. :lol: Certainly Hussein had the living shit surprised out of him. Then, not only do they not win the Senate back but the 99% favorite horse's ass LOSES. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They lose the WH, Hussein's "legacy" is screwed AND Trump appoints a replacement for Alito. McConnell is revealed to be a brilliant sooth sayer. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Yes, Sessions must REALLY feel strongly about illegal immigration for all the crap he puts up with from Trump. :lol:

He looks like Yoda :lol:

"Good, life is. Yes."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
How did you do THAT !!!! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 am 
Sergeant Major

I googled "Yoda" and there he was...same hair, same ears, same grin, same head tilt, same hand clasp :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
... Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge ...

Well, I'm a "liberal" ... and I agree with these justices ... apple screws their customers !!!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

RGB has last laugh ...

Quote:
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Tuesday that she is "very much alive," tamping down concerns that recent health issues could cause her to leave the bench.

"There was a senator, I think it was after my pancreatic cancer [in 2009], who announced with great glee that I was going to be dead within six months," she told National Public Radio. "That senator, whose name I've forgotten, is now himself dead and I am very much alive."

Ginsburg was referring to Jim Bunning, a Hall of Fame baseball pitcher who served two terms as a Republican U.S. Senator from Kentucky between 1999 and 2011. In February 2009, Bunning said in a speech that Ginsburg had "bad cancer. The kind that you don't get better from ... Even though she was operated on, usually, nine months is the longest that anybody would live" with pancreatic cancer.

Bunning later apologized for his comments in a statement which misspelled Ginsburg's name. About five months later, Bunning ended his bid for a third term and accused his GOP colleagues of doing, “everything in their power to dry up my fundraising.” Rand Paul went on to win the seat in 2010.

Bunning passed away in May 2017 at the age of 85 months after suffering a stroke.

85 months old ! Interesting ... that's seven years and a bit more ... on this planet anyway. Surprised he got to be a senator at that age !!??

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next